SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Greddy E-Manage VS Apexi S-AFC

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-02, 02:05 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy E-Manage VS Apexi S-AFC

hey guys not a long post, but which is better? Ive been looking into the piggyback fuel controller, and i need to know whats a better deal? does anyone have any info on the Greddy? Thanks

Kevin
Old 03-04-02, 07:19 PM
EvoTuned
Driver

I was wondering the same thing because I need to retard my ignition timing and add more fuel for nitrous. I called Greddy today and spoke to a tech. He said that the software for the E-manage is not available yet and that they’re giving the dealers time to learn how to use it first. It could take up to a year before the software itself is available for sale. So you’ll only be able to perform the functions where the software isn’t needed or you can have an authorized Greddy dealer set it the first time if they install it. I was very disappointed but I guess there are other things that can do what I need it for. Still a retail of $379 is hard to beat!
Old 03-05-02, 07:23 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

without the software; that unit is pretty much bunk... i was told the same thing by a greddy tech

but i was also told by a retail guy at a performance shop that its done and available now...

the s-afc is just a fuel controller

the emanage can control fuel, timing, additional injectors, etc including bigger fuel injectors... and its programmable by laptop; so you can actually enter in a true fuel and timing map
I plan on using one with the turbo kit i get unless i get the aem first... depends on the money situation
Old 03-05-02, 12:07 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default hm...?

so would the E-manage be a good choice for someone who doesnt have the funds to go turbo? or should i go with the afc? or are they both useless? thanks for the info, im too lazy to go to the closest import shop...
Old 03-06-02, 08:37 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

i'd buy the emanage for anything

for a good nitrous shot; for other tuning, etc... it replaces:
AFC,ITC,AIC and its all programmable into fuel and timing curves which makes it a lot easier... and its cheap $379

vs $325 for the AFC
$225 for the ITC (if you can find one)
$700 for the AIC
Old 03-06-02, 10:08 AM
EvoTuned
Driver

The E-manage does seem to do it all, but you in order to have it perform what’s stated above you have to buy the extra options including the unreleased software. Then if you want it to be able to modify the fuel curve as much as the S-AFC you will need to purchase the pressure sensor which is an extra $120. All in all, I still think it's worth it to get everything for under $600. The only problem that I can see is that for myself I’m using the Zex nitrous kit and it only needs the ignition and fuel curve modified while the nitrous is activated. As of now there is no way to turn the E-manage off. So, it’s on all the time unless you cut the power and I’m not sure what that would do. I guess it’s too early to tell for sure, but the E-manage’s future is looking bright!
Old 03-06-02, 10:50 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Does the e-manage have multiple programs while in use. i.e daily driving and a seperate program for NOS? Or is it all or nothing. Anyone have a website with some specs on it.

I'm going to be adding NOS in the future and would like to get something of this nature to optimize dailydriving requirements (advance timing, etc.) and a seperate program to optimize for NOS (retard timing, more fuel,etc).

I don't want to be raped by ECU upgrades, and want something I can program myself for optimum performance for different needs.

My goal -

Something to keep factory settings w/ ECT off and OD on

W/ ECt on, and OD on, hop up timeing, and lean out the mix.

W/ ECT on, and OD off, configure for NOS.

Simple relays will allow this, but I just need a mgmt sys that can keep 3 seperate programs. Rather than have annoying switches all over the place, I like to use stock switches to keep every thing looking clean (stock switches will still perform there function as well BTW)

Any way - any thoughts?

Keith
Old 05-30-02, 03:08 PM
Charles GReddy
Rookie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EvoTuned
[B] I called Greddy today and spoke to a tech. He said that the software for the E-manage is not available yet and that they’re giving the dealers time to learn how to use it first.

I would like to know the name of the person that you spoke to here at GReddy. The reason is that the information you are posting is not correct. Our dealers can and are purchasing the software at this time. The fact of the matter is that if a dealer sales the software to the general public that dealer must support the customer. Due to the complex nature of the unit we at GReddy will only give tech support to the authorzied dealer on the E-manage unit. If there are any direct questions please call me at 800-473-3392.

signed,
C.G.
Old 05-30-02, 04:45 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like whoa, the man himself....
Old 05-30-02, 08:17 PM
EvoTuned
Driver

Hello, thank you for your response. This post was a little older so could the info I was given have changed until now? While I can’t remember the name of tech I spoke with, I’m very sure he said the software would not be for sale to the general public for a while. Certified GRreddy dealers would be able to program the unit but I as a customer, would not be able to take the program home. Is this not correct? If that’s the case, I am very interested in finding more info and a Certified GRreddy dealer close to MD that would be able to perform the setup. Thanks again!
Old 05-30-02, 08:54 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Bean
without the software; that unit is pretty much bunk... i was told the same thing by a greddy tech

but i was also told by a retail guy at a performance shop that its done and available now...

the s-afc is just a fuel controller

the emanage can control fuel, timing, additional injectors, etc including bigger fuel injectors... and its programmable by laptop; so you can actually enter in a true fuel and timing map
I plan on using one with the turbo kit i get unless i get the aem first... depends on the money situation
Fortunetly I have a way to get the Emanage for real cheap, with software, and cable.
Old 05-31-02, 04:39 AM
Keith13b
Racer

DIrEctQL: Care to share how with the rest of us? I'm interested.
Old 05-31-02, 11:30 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

DirectQL, ssssssshhhhhhhhh
Old 05-31-02, 01:33 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Shut up Bean !!!!
Old 05-31-02, 05:07 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

The greedy is the best bang for the buck, i have every thing except the map sensor and harness . My friend and i are going to use them in the both lexus we are doing his gs snd my sc.

Quick Reply: Greddy E-Manage VS Apexi S-AFC