SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

!!!!Every SC forum poster...Click Here!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-08, 01:42 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sTcT300
CL should have a "How Much Should I Pay" forum in the SC side or a "What Do You Think"

When I want to know what something is worth...I look up on ebay.

If you go into a Pawn shop right now and sell them a Navi head unit. They are going to go right to ebay to price it out.
What you pay for a 97 SC400 with 100k in IL, is not same as what you will pay in CA
Old 12-11-08, 01:47 PM
Brownmagic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also

How about a DIY thread for the SC forum(s)?

The last one posted was Curry's and it got locked saying one was in the process..
Well, its been in the process for over a year now or more, so how about its finally rolled out?

That would help to alleviate some of the rhetorical threads posted on items everytime.
Old 12-11-08, 01:51 PM
neodymium
Rookie

lol, you should make people take AND PASS a multiple choice test that addresses these issues before they are allowed to post or start threads.
Old 12-11-08, 02:12 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Lets also ban anyone who put their area code or zip code in their title too!
Old 12-11-08, 02:42 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luxor
Lets also ban anyone who put their area code or zip code in their title too!
HAHAHA! I so second that motion!

We have been told an FAQ section is in the works for forever now, who is working on it? Literally I will do it if noone else will. Gimme a week tops and that performance section will have a totally different tone to it when you enter it.

Someone said it perfectly, there are people that literally stay off this site that really know their stuff just for the fact that there is so much retarded crap to sift through. Like the 800 "how do I GTE swap" threads, the 100000 "how do a 5spd swap" threads. 90% of this could be solved with 5-6 stickies End of story, and no it doesn't take 6 months to do that.
Old 12-11-08, 02:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Guys we'll figure out a way to get you to help get it completed.

We don't want a whole trough of stickies, we want links to 'the best' posts from a single FAQ sticky (I'm OK with a separate FAQ in performance too). See what we have in the 2IS forum as a general template.
Old 12-11-08, 03:37 PM
blakeyBOY
Rookie

ive made a few pointless threads so.. sorry to all. ha
Old 12-11-08, 07:40 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about a ban on threads such as look at my new stock car or look at my new rims which look like everyones elses too i see so much junk and clutter on these forums over the years that i miss the old days were people put interesting stuff up its also prolly why i hardly pay attention to the forums anymore and have such a low post count
Old 12-11-08, 10:37 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for newbs!
Old 12-12-08, 02:26 AM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

STICKY this Please~!!
Old 12-12-08, 05:54 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Originally Posted by Levistey0
STICKY this Please~!!
Nope...its too much for people to read the stickies at the top of the page. Look at how many wheel and what size will fit the SC questions, when the flippin bible of SC wheel set-ups is stuck to the top of the page.

I'm just going to bump this whenever things get a little out of sorts.

Its hard for me to be mad with the times we live in. You have so many people that are use to having the answer given to them right away. Heaven forbid if one has to actually search, filter, and read for information. Most of the mods are old school. We lived without this massive head rush of data, we hunted through books and magazines...I think that's why we get so irritated with repetative posts. Well, I do anyway.

Last edited by neurocity; 07-29-09 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-12-08, 09:56 AM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Could we make it a option on a new thread maker to have a forum section where we could post it and not just one? Saying after we write are subject have a selection at the bottom have this posted for example in (GS,SC,& IS). Then under one of those have a sub forum if we wanted to post in there like (performance). I have seen it on another forum and I liked the option. Even though it might be considered over posting cause it is in multiple sections, some people like staying in just one section and not venturing out to others. Sounds confusing ,but I don't remember the forum name that had it so I have no pics to show of it.
Old 12-12-08, 10:18 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Good thread Matt- hopefully people will read this and follow them
Old 12-12-08, 11:42 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Originally Posted by SHOLEXMAN
Could we make it a option
The site and suggestions section would be the place to post this and all "could we.." questions

DaveGS4 is supreme overlord and anything that would change with the forum itself would be his call. He does read and respond to threads in the "suggestion box".

But I'd be willing to bet dollars to Doritos that he wouldn't make an option like that available.
Old 12-13-08, 01:25 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by neurocity
The site and suggestions section would be the place to post this and all "could we.." questions

DaveGS4 is supreme overlord and anything that would change with the forum itself would be his call. He does read and respond to threads in the "suggestion box".

But I'd be willing to bet dollars to Doritos that he wouldn't make an option like that available.
Damn good way to kill my fun. I was going to mention about the people with the same questions how to use the search box at the top,but I was to busy thinking about that idea I had.

Quick Reply: !!!!Every SC forum poster...Click Here!!!!