SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

!!!!Every SC forum poster...Click Here!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-08, 05:34 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts
Exclamation !!!!Every SC forum poster...Click Here!!!!

This place is a mess...

First...Title your threads descriptively.

Help, Help Please, Heeeeelllllpppppzzzzz, Needs Help, What should I do, Help me decide, or OMG!!!! These titles are very helpful when people who use "Search" are looking for OMG and Help please. OMG! really doesn't help when you are trying to find information about trans mounts, or why your antenna wont move.

This is a place for SC people to talk about and rave about SC's, Its also one of the biggest information resources on the web for the Lexus SC. I've talked with Lexus Mechanics that have used this site to trouble shoot problems unknown to them. One even said, "Pretty much everything is all right here...its just repetitive and hard to find."

Anyone wanna take a guess at why?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Second...Search

I'm not posting the response of "Search" to be mean and condescending.

I'm saying it because even though your car is new to you, and your squeaks and rattles are new to you. Someone else probably experienced the same thing and fixed it, or found the solution...three years ago. Search for it. If what you find helps "hooray!!" if it doesnt...add your questions and bump the thread back up to page 1.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Third...Use the right forum.

Telling us how your cat really likes to sleep on your hood, and posting a picture of Mr Whiskers all cozied up on your SC...warms the cockles of my heart. Posting it in the SC forums, only because the fur bag is on your SC makes me want to punch a baby seal. That would go into the Clubhouse.

Talking about how your superfast oh-so-stock SC300 blew the doors off a garbage truck the other day...Stories and Racing Enthusiast is the section for you, Vin.

Posting about the Black SC you saw at the nudie mag store in Moosejunk Oregon, means absolutely jack to 90% of the SC forum members. Regional forums would be the place where the owner of said SC might chime up with "That was me! New edition of Scary Farm Chicks came out."

Begging for someone to Photoshop 24" dodeca chrome plated wheels on your SC...will not only invite the SC masses of lighting you on fire, it will never be seen by the people that live in the Photoshop forum. They might also flame you for the request though.

Bottom Line...

Keep the house clean, Think before you post.

Last edited by neurocity; 12-11-08 at 05:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sc300nah (05-10-21)
Old 12-11-08, 05:51 AM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bump

Old 12-11-08, 06:47 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i cant tell you how much i agree with this post!
Old 12-11-08, 09:20 AM
Brownmagic
Pole Position

Great Job

EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS!
Old 12-11-08, 09:36 AM
buchum
Intermediate

Yes I totally agree I do a lot of searching and reading that will answer most of my question, reason why I haven't started a thread yet haha

Last edited by buchum; 12-11-08 at 09:37 AM. Reason: spelling error :P
Old 12-11-08, 09:42 AM
parnzen
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didnt even know some of that stuff...
Old 12-11-08, 09:48 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy *****in Sh%t.... Thank GOD someone is FINALLY doing this. Nuerocity can you please have someone set up some kind of FAQ for the performance section? The amount of swap questions and wrong information given in there reminds me of those ballpins at the daycare center. Hell if noone wants to do it I'll do it.
Old 12-11-08, 10:25 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Great post. And i love the Performance section FAQ idea... PLEASE! do this.
A site cleanup is definitely in order, I know more than a few lexus owners who refuse to use this site and tend to stick to SF just to avoid all the BS that goes on here...
Maybe an SC chat/general or basic questions section should be made because it seems like alot of the SC guys are looking for a place to just "chat" about the SC specifically without actually providing any new info about the car and would help remove the clutter from the actual SC forum... just an idea

Last edited by CCC-TT; 12-11-08 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-11-08, 10:28 AM
bcp_sc300

Old 12-11-08, 10:29 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with everything in this post
Old 12-11-08, 10:45 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Performance FAQ would be good!
How about a link at the top of the SC300/400 Forum for the 'SC300/400 Classifieds', just like there is a link for 'Performance' and 'Suspension'? Just a side thought for ease of access to SC owners... (Alittle off topic though..oops)
Old 12-11-08, 10:54 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

There is a FAQ in the works...But remember there is so much information to filter through and merge together.

Search for something simple. Like NA-T or TRD LSD...see how much comes up just from re-posts.
Old 12-11-08, 10:57 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
Holy *****in Sh%t.... Thank GOD someone is FINALLY doing this.
It's stickied to the top of the forum and has been for years. Neuro is just trying to get more exposure since people are apparently incapable of seeing the top of the forum, as seen by the ten threads a day moved to the engine forum.
Old 12-11-08, 12:15 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I couldnt find dodeca chrome plated wheels.. but after a while i found some 12 spoke ones...
i agree with things being hard to find.
I usually have to hold my cursor over thread titles, so the first few lines will pop up and I can *maybe* tell whats inside.
Old 12-11-08, 12:27 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CL should have a "How Much Should I Pay" forum in the SC side or a "What Do You Think" because I am tired of seeing guys post up about cars they want to buy and want CL opinion because thay cant make up their own minds I think that would clear up a lot of random posts in the SC section...

Quick Reply: !!!!Every SC forum poster...Click Here!!!!