SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Misnomer Calling a SC a sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-08, 09:31 AM
lionscourt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misnomer Calling a SC a sleeper

These days you can't call any SC a sleeper. My car hasn't been modded at all but everytime I come up to stop light, someone wants to race. Of course this is sunny southern california where you get rear ended if you drive the speed limit and average street speeds can be around 60mph. I am beginning to see why some of y'all mod your cars as it seems everyone wants to race our cars. Even soccer moms will try to pull out ahead. just the other day, some kids in a modded honda, asked me to race. of course i obliged them by leaving them in the dust. but there is always someone else. Anybody else having this issue?
Old 09-26-08, 09:47 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats because almost every sc owner just like you did gave in and raced them.......if you deny them like I do they leave you alone...
Old 09-26-08, 09:49 AM
Tsoarer97
Driver School Candidate

Just call it the way it is.... HATERSSSSSSS
Old 09-26-08, 09:53 AM
lionscourt
Rookie

Originally Posted by cbrasian
thats because almost every sc owner just like you did gave in and raced them.......if you deny them like I do they leave you alone...
yeah right! you must not be from cali where everyone races on the streets. actually that was the first time i had obliged anyone. but with a couple kids hanging out the windows yelling to race; I kinda had to. i actually don't think everyone races them. I actually prefer to keep it smooth rather than blazing fast every time i drive.
Old 09-26-08, 09:54 AM
IonFeright
Lead Lap

Drive the speed limit and dont weave in and out of traffic. Sometimes I can see people in my rear view trying to catch up to me, but when they do, and I dont give them the time of day, they always leave me alone. Its just something you have to up with in these neck of the woods...
Old 09-26-08, 10:16 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lionscourt
yeah right! you must not be from cali where everyone races on the streets. actually that was the first time i had obliged anyone. but with a couple kids hanging out the windows yelling to race; I kinda had to. i actually don't think everyone races them. I actually prefer to keep it smooth rather than blazing fast every time i drive.
ummm let me see I bought my house in irvine and work in garden grove nah thats not so cal.... i get hit up once a blue moon but all i do is roll up my tinted windows and ignore them.... they wanna race just snub em off there is no "you kinda had to" after all if the cops see you both and he impounds your car whats your excuse?? oh its cuz those kids there were hanging out the window and yelling to race so i kind of had to? what kind of answer is that??? to me my car isn't worth risking over some posers request to race
Old 09-26-08, 11:00 AM
lionscourt
Rookie

Originally Posted by cbrasian
ummm let me see I bought my house in irvine and work in garden grove nah thats not so cal.... i get hit up once a blue moon but all i do is roll up my tinted windows and ignore them.... they wanna race just snub em off there is no "you kinda had to" after all if the cops see you both and he impounds your car whats your excuse?? oh its cuz those kids there were hanging out the window and yelling to race so i kind of had to? what kind of answer is that??? to me my car isn't worth risking over some posers request to race
it is what it is bruh. Its too bad i am not as mature as you. I prefer the policy of having fun every so often. I grew up in Long Beach where there are true riders (and everything else) so as I said in my post, everyone rolls up wants to and I have only obliged ONCE. It wasn't a street race but just the take off up till 50. besides i didn't even mention speeds so how would you know what my speed was??? it was over by 50mph which is average speed for LA. I have only gotten one speeding ticket in my life, and that was in the Grapevine on my way to Humbolt county. i was going 95, just out of the rain and snow just past Gorman. I was crazy but in a lexus 95 feels like 75. Man i love the drive up to northern california in an SC4.
Are you telling me you have never got a speeding ticket? If so give me death over emasculation any day. I am not that fearful of police down here--its the Feds that worry me-lol. as i said in my post, i prefer smooth. I almost never weave in and out of traffic cause in LA the speeds are fast enough that you don't have to (not at rush hours).
From your response it SEEMS that you don't live in Southern Cal; to say that everyone in an SC races others and causes this scenario is ignorant of the reality of southern cal where everyone wants to race a good lookin' SC.

Last edited by lionscourt; 09-26-08 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-26-08, 11:01 AM
trill2go
Pole Position

i'm from cali, i don't see everyone racing on the streets lol.

in the 3 years that i've driven my modified acura cl (aggressive wheels/drop/exhaust), i've only been goaded to race once. it's easy to turn down and keep cruising.
Old 09-26-08, 11:04 AM
lionscourt
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tsoarer97
Just call it the way it is.... HATERSSSSSSS
Old 09-26-08, 11:08 AM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IonFeright
Drive the speed limit and dont weave in and out of traffic. Sometimes I can see people in my rear view trying to catch up to me, but when they do, and I dont give them the time of day, they always leave me alone. Its just something you have to up with in these neck of the woods...
+1 i agree with you ^^^^^^

I own some fast cars (see sig) and NEVER NEVER drive fast on the streets, also I NEVER street race anybody no matter how bad they ask for it.
And yes i live in SoCal.
Old 09-26-08, 11:31 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

it is what it is bruh. Its too bad i am not as mature as you. I prefer the policy of having fun every so often. I grew up in Long Beach where there are true riders (and everything else) so as I said in my post, everyone rolls up wants to and I have only obliged ONCE. It wasn't a street race but just the take off up till 50. besides i didn't even mention speeds so how would you know what my speed was??? it was over by 50mph which is average speed for LA. I have only gotten one speeding ticket in my life, and that was in the Grapevine on my way to Humbolt county. i was going 95, just out of the rain and snow just past Gorman. I was crazy but in a lexus 95 feels like 75. Man i love the drive up to northern california in an SC4.
Are you telling me you have never got a speeding ticket? If so give me death over emasculation any day. I am not that fearful of police down here--its the Feds that worry me-lol. as i said in my post, i prefer smooth. I almost never weave in and out of traffic cause in LA the speeds are fast enough that you don't have to (not at rush hours).
From your response it SEEMS that you don't live in Southern Cal; to say that everyone in an SC races others and causes this scenario is ignorant of the reality of southern cal where everyone wants to race a good lookin' SC.
who said anything over a speeding ticket?? street racing is just stupid not only you put your life at risk but you put others at risk as well..... I have lost friends from their stupidity doing street racing and I race my car as well as I used to race my motorcycle.......if your gonna race take your ***t off the street and do it where it belongs like buttonwillow,the drag strip at fontana,carlsbad, or streets of willow. The mentality of scared of the cops doesn't phase me as most my friends are cops so i'm not scared of them..... its knowing that if they have to do their job (which is if you pay attention to the laws being passed) if they catch you street racing your car gets crushed..... oh and btw the way I do have speeding tickets but no street racing tickets.... and fyi speeding and exhibition of speed (street racing)are different things......I like having fun just like anyone else only difference is I'll take it to the track and keep it there too
Old 09-26-08, 11:36 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

gas prices are too high to race hondas...mostly i just leave them alone, I know my car's faster...they know that too. My car is not a race car, they know that...
Old 09-26-08, 01:11 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the opposite problem. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle of Honda fan kids not bothering because they think that every 2JZ makes 1500whp, and Vette owners not bothering because they think there's no way a Lexus would even be worth the gas.
Old 09-26-08, 01:29 PM
32SC
Pit Crew

In the 3 years of owning my SC not one person has ever tried to race me. Maybe you have bad luck because I drive all over SoCal and once in a while someone will glance at my car but that's it.
Old 09-26-08, 01:36 PM
J:M
Pole Position

Quick Reply: Misnomer Calling a SC a sleeper