SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Picture Time!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-07, 12:01 PM
100mgbluep
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picture Time!

These pics were taken after i clay'd it and waxed it, surface is as smooth as a baby's butt and super shiny

New:

Last edited by 100mgbluep; 11-01-07 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-16-07, 12:03 PM
Rexn30
Pole Position

If your not looking to buy coilovers, You could always cut your springs down. But thats rigging it =p
Old 09-16-07, 12:05 PM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

if you cut your springs, you're a retard....

how much do you want to drop it? i dropped mine around 2" with Espelir springs.
Old 09-16-07, 12:07 PM
100mgbluep
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Black_SC
if you cut your springs, you're a retard....

how much do you want to drop it? i dropped mine around 2" with Espelir springs.

About 2 inches in front and about 1 1/2 in back, how much were the espelir springs?
Old 09-16-07, 12:15 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it. You should paint the orange part of your tail lights red. Yeah, I plan on lowering mine, too, eventually. I can't find many Espelir or Swift springs on eBay, though.

Last edited by SClean4; 09-16-07 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-16-07, 12:15 PM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

Looks nice, i always liked that color...where did you get your emblems?
Old 09-16-07, 12:33 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

Espelir's run $235-$250 depending on where you buy them. They lower a bit over 2" all around. Gives the car a great stance (slightly raked).
Old 09-16-07, 12:55 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

You CANT cut your springs. Theyre not designed so you can do that. The spring would no longer sit in its perch.

I have some Supra TT struts/springs, that will lower you about an inch. Direct bolt on. Ill take $150.
Old 09-16-07, 01:03 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am running Swift Springs for the Supra. They drop the SC 1.9F/1.5R. They are top of the world in durability, and the spring rates favor a very comfortable ride for a drop spring while still increasing cornering stability at the same time via progressive spring rates.

I can't speak highly enough about them. At ~$310, they are slightly more costly than the competition; but, they are worth every penny from my experience.

Click on the photo of my car in my sig to see the stance. There is a slight rake to favor the mean -rather than the luxury- side of the car's personality. The drop will change your love for your car completely.

Your car looks great. I like how you are keeping it simple.

As a side note, an MDX Antenna (~$30 at locustoms.com) will get rid of that stock antenna that stretches 75 feet into the air when you have the radio on. It will mesh well with your black badges.
Old 09-16-07, 01:05 PM
Fireblaze
Lead Lap

Nice car, but the pinstripes have to go
Old 09-16-07, 01:20 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Blizzy
I am running Swift Springs for the Supra. They drop the SC 1.9F/1.5R. They are top of the world in durability, and the spring rates favor a very comfortable ride for a drop spring while still increasing cornering stability at the same time via progressive spring rates.

I can't speak highly enough about them. At ~$310, they are slightly more costly than the competition; but, they are worth every penny from my experience.

Click on the photo of my car in my sig to see the stance. There is a slight rake to favor the mean -rather than the luxury- side of the car's personality. The drop will change your love for your car completely.
Yeah, I really like how those springs make your car look. It looks PERFECT! The only reason I've been thinking about Espelir springs is because I really wanted to lower the height of my SC as much as possible without having any problems, like rubbing, bottoming out all the time, etc. I really like the sleek look of cars that are low in height (except the Fiero ). But I may seriously consider Swift springs for the Supra. Also, I've thought about the Eibach Pro Kit springs but 1" is just slightly too little of a height reduction that I'm looking for.

Last edited by SClean4; 09-16-07 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-16-07, 01:42 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400-95
Yeah, I really like how those springs make your car look. It looks PERFECT! The only reason I've been thinking about Espelir springs is because I really wanted to lower the height of my SC as much as possible without having any problems, like rubbing, etc. I really like the sleek look of cars that are low in height (except the Fiero ). But I may seriously consider Swift springs for the Supra. Also, I've thought about the Eibach Pro Kit springs but 1" is just slightly too little of a height reduction that I'm looking for.
I appreciate the compliment very much.

I think Espelirs are clearly lower than the Swift Springs. If you want to go as low as possible, I would favor the Espelirs.

The Eibach kit for the SC does not lower the car much at all. Here is a photo from a CL thread that I saved as a good reference for the SC Eibach drop as the member took the photo a few months after the spring install when they "settled in": http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...fterEibach.jpg. From the sounds of it, you and the original poster want more drop.

Regardless, even on the Eibach kit, the car looks so much more sleek. I definitely agree on that one.

On my alignment after the Swift springs, I was able to get caster, toe, and rear camber all within factory allowable specs. Only in the front was camber too great to be correctible (~0.6 and the factory spec limit is 0.5). That being said, my tire wear is not even remotely an issue. Presumably 1.5" (rear drop) is not low enough to have to sway from spec; but, 1.9" (front drop) is too low...slightly.
Old 09-16-07, 01:58 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed that that car had been lowered by looking at it. Another reason I'm reluctant to go too low is because my driveway is gravel, on an incline and is uneven in spots so I didn't really want to bottom out but from looking under the car, it looks like there's a lot of space between the ground and the undercarriage, which is good.

Last edited by SClean4; 09-16-07 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-16-07, 02:45 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I too am running the supra spec Swifts, but mated to supra spec Bilsteins. I don't have alot to say since Blizzy has pretty much said it all heh.

Another question is how do you want the ride to feel? Smooth? Sporty?

Here are some of my experiences with different spring/shock setups:
The Swift setup will give your ride that sporty feel. The springs have a progressive rate so the ride isn't too harsh at all, but slightly bouncy going over uneven roads. As far as how low it sits, I have to be careful on driveways and speed bumps, but dips are no problem.

Another setup I have tried was the supra spec Tein H-tech mated to the same Bilsteins. Lowered it about f:1.2"/r:1". Ride was pretty rough and bouncy on uneven roads since the springs had a linear rate. I had no scraping issues on driveways, dips, or speed bumps with this setup.

A combo that I have never tried, but seems to be good on paper is the oem MKIV Supra TT springs mated to Koni Yellows Sport. The springs will lower the SC about 0.5" all around and the Konis have an adjustable spring perch so you can lower it even more f:20mm (~0.8")/r:15mm (~0.5"). It should give you a total drop of about f:1.3"/r:1.1" without sacrificing too much of that stock ride quality.

Theres alot of good info on this site so don't hesitate to search and hope you can share your thoughts on the setup you go with.
Old 09-16-07, 03:39 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400-95
I like it. You should paint the orange part of your tail lights red. Yeah, I plan on lowering mine, too, eventually. I can't find any Espelir springs on eBay, though.
not paint but remove it using like oven cleaner!! mask the whole body and yea..

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/body/pinstripes.html

check it out

Quick Reply: Picture Time!