****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400**** - Page 359 - Club Lexus Forums


     
Old 12-12-14, 04:39 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
 
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-14, 05:39 PM   #5371
Colt45Hall
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: TN
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

97 SC400
Wheel : 18x8 ISF Snowflake replica
Offset +40
Suspension : Completely stock
Tire: Falken Ziex 225/45/18 all around
Wheel review: Great qaulity , smooth almost flawless finish, and maintains oem ride quality.


Colt45Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 02:15 AM   #5372
brucelee1
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,034
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Very nice. Rare color as well!
brucelee1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 10:29 PM   #5373
Equalizir
Driver
 
Equalizir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 126
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi guys. I have a couple of noob questions. I'm sorry but I'm going to be buying new wheels for my 1999 Sc300 soon and I want to get it right. I just bought it last week and the previous owner lowered the car about an inch. I want to lower it another 1/2" to 3/4". I just want to narrow the fender gap but I don't want to have to do any fender mods. The wheels Im going to purchase are the Varrstoen ES7. I want to go with 18x9 up front and 18x10 in the rear. My first question is what offset would you guys recommend? If I go +22 will that be fine since Im not tucking the wheels in? I still like the wheels to come out but I don't want them to rub the fenders. My last question is with these wider wheels will I need to alter my wheel hubs? Will i need to put lug bolt extenders? Thanks guys in advance.
Equalizir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-14, 12:11 AM   #5374
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 1,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equalizir View Post
Hi guys. I have a couple of noob questions. I'm sorry but I'm going to be buying new wheels for my 1999 Sc300 soon and I want to get it right. I just bought it last week and the previous owner lowered the car about an inch. I want to lower it another 1/2" to 3/4". I just want to narrow the fender gap but I don't want to have to do any fender mods. The wheels Im going to purchase are the Varrstoen ES7. I want to go with 18x9 up front and 18x10 in the rear. My first question is what offset would you guys recommend? If I go +22 will that be fine since Im not tucking the wheels in? I still like the wheels to come out but I don't want them to rub the fenders. My last question is with these wider wheels will I need to alter my wheel hubs? Will i need to put lug bolt extenders? Thanks guys in advance.
If you would have read the first page it tells you how low of an offset that u can go without fender mods. But to answer your question. You will need to roll your fenders in order to get that rear wheel to fit on a +22 offset. You are going to need to find a higher offset if you don't want to roll your fenders. No, u don't need to alter your wheel hubs if u get the right bolt pattern. I do recommend getting hub centric rings. If you buy lugs from Varrstoen then you won't need extended lugs. Just to give you an idea, this is what a 10" wide wheel looks like with a +25 offset. So yours would stick out three more millimeters.
Attached Thumbnails
****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****-20140220_113518.jpg  
bigwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-14, 04:58 AM   #5375
Equalizir
Driver
 
Equalizir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 126
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwes View Post
If you would have read the first page it tells you how low of an offset that u can go without fender mods. But to answer your question. You will need to roll your fenders in order to get that rear wheel to fit on a +22 offset. You are going to need to find a higher offset if you don't want to roll your fenders. No, u don't need to alter your
wheel hubs if u get the right bolt
pattern. I do recommend getting hub
centric rings. If you buy lugs from
Varrstoen then you won't need
extended lugs. Just to give you an
idea, this is what a 10" wide wheel
looks like with a +25 offset. So yours
would stick out three more
millimeters.
Thanks for the info. Actually I did read the first page more than once. I wasn't sure if I needed to roll the fenders with a +22 offset since my car is only lowered an inch. I thought I'd have to do the fender mods only if I was going to lower the car much more. But now I know that if I go with that offset I'll have to do the fenders regardless of height. Also thanks for the info on the lug bolts.
Equalizir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-14, 07:50 AM   #5376
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 1,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equalizir View Post
Thanks for the info. Actually I did read the first page more than once. I wasn't sure if I needed to roll the fenders with a +22 offset since my car is only lowered an inch. I thought I'd have to do the fender mods only if I was going to lower the car much more. But now I know that if I go with that offset I'll have to do the fenders regardless of height. Also thanks for the info on the lug bolts.
Only at stock height you can run this setup without rolling your fenders. But since u want to go lower u will Need to roll them. My advice to you is get the wheels, rent a roller from a racing shop. And roll the fenders. It's not that hard. Jus time consuming. I was trying to do the same thing. I wanted wide wheels with a flush fitment while not having to do fender mods. And I realized that it's not possible. Just do it and get it over with. You will be much happier if you do.
bigwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-14, 08:21 AM   #5377
Equalizir
Driver
 
Equalizir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 126
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwes View Post
Only at stock height you can run this setup without rolling your fenders. But since u want to go lower u will Need to roll them. My advice to you is get the wheels, rent a roller from a racing shop. And roll the fenders. It's not that hard. Jus time consuming. I was trying to do the same thing. I wanted wide wheels with a flush fitment whi
le not having to do fender mods. And I realized that it's not possible. Just do it and get it over with. You will be much happier if you do.
Ok ill do it. Thanks again for the advice.
Equalizir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 08:46 AM   #5378
Kris9884
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
Kris9884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MO
Posts: 1,662
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I think I'm pulling the trigger, my bank account is going to be mad...

BC coils
Varrstoen ES6
19x9.5 +12 or 22
19x11 +15 or 25
Undecided on tires so far and I don't want to have to run any spacers.

Think they'll fit flush with a roll or shave? Which would be best?

Last edited by Kris9884; 08-28-14 at 08:52 AM.
Kris9884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 06:46 PM   #5379
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 1,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris9884 View Post
I think I'm pulling the trigger, my bank account is going to be mad...

BC coils
Varrstoen ES6
19x9.5 +12 or 22
19x11 +15 or 25
Undecided on tires so far and I don't want to have to run any spacers.

Think they'll fit flush with a roll or shave? Which would be best?
Go with the 22 and 25
bigwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 08:42 AM   #5380
Kris9884
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
Kris9884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MO
Posts: 1,662
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwes View Post
Go with the 22 and 25
That's what I was thinking, I don't want to have to run hella camber to drive around. Just a slight stretch and rolled or shaved fenders is ideal for me..
Kris9884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-14, 01:36 PM   #5381
KayGeeCee
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 34
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wanting to a bit lower on my coils, currently have IS250 18" staggered rims (forgot the exact measurements)
Rear tires are 245 45 18
fronts are 225 40 18.
Currently car is dropped 1.5" and wanting to go a bit lower, but just by looking at it seems like the rears will rub.
I'm no fitment expert though, some feedback would be appreciated (:
suspension is tein basis coils
KayGeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-14, 01:13 AM   #5382
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 1,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGeeCee View Post
Wanting to a bit lower on my coils, currently have IS250 18" staggered rims (forgot the exact measurements)
Rear tires are 245 45 18
fronts are 225 40 18.
Currently car is dropped 1.5" and wanting to go a bit lower, but just by looking at it seems like the rears will rub.
I'm no fitment expert though, some feedback would be appreciated (:
suspension is tein basis coils
What's the offset?

If there is any rubbing it Will be from it hitting the top of the wheel well
bigwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-14, 09:25 AM   #5383
durps
Lead Lap
iTrader: (8)
 
durps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jersey
Posts: 622
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry guys, haven't dealt with fitment since my last wheels, but whats the best offset for a flush fitment on a 9.5inch wide wheel, 10 inch wheel, and 10.5 inch wheel? Thanks.

More or less flush.
durps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-14, 12:08 PM   #5384
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 1,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durps View Post
Sorry guys, haven't dealt with fitment since my last wheels, but whats the best offset for a flush fitment on a 9.5inch wide wheel, 10 inch wheel, and 10.5 inch wheel? Thanks.

More or less flush.
if you can find a set of wheels with a +25 offset all around then you should be sitting pretty flush with the fenders. same goes with the 10.5 inch wheel as well. if you get an offset lower than +22 then you will have to pull your fenders to get them to fit.
bigwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 11:09 AM   #5385
Equalizir
Driver
 
Equalizir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 126
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwes View Post
if you can find a set of wheels with a +25 offset all around then you should be sitting pretty flush with the fenders. same goes with the 10.5 inch wheel as well. if you get an offset lower than +22 then you will have to pull your fenders to get them to fit.
But if you stay at +22 offset on a 10.5" wheel in the rear you only have to roll the fenders? What tire size would you recommend on a wheel that size and offset?
Equalizir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TIEN Street Advance Z cuongiee Suspension and Brakes 16 03-23-17 06:07 PM
Quick wheel figment thread 2jznosht The Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels & Brakes Forum 3 07-01-13 09:17 PM
Wheel question experts please help!! :) 1Gis300 IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) 3 04-04-13 11:51 AM
IS-F Wheel Fitment Guide (pics/specs only) MjThind IS F (2008-2014) 5 09-14-12 04:10 PM
FS Rays Volk Racing AV3 18" set + 1 spare RayGS3 Wheels and Tires Classifieds 16 06-19-08 10:56 AM


Tags
20x10, 40, 5x1145, back, bolt, fit, kdw2, pattern, sc300, sc400, size, stretched, stud, tire, wheel, wheels, widest

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send