SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Post pics of your 5spd Shift Knob (aftermarket)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-09, 08:51 AM
djb5118
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
Hey Red what Dash kit is that for the HU ? .... Also i dont the whole weighted or counter weigh thing ? I am currently auto but I am going to go 5-speed soon so thats why I ask sorry if it sounds noob
Originally Posted by jadu

^^ mines is the gun blue. first mod i did. Ill post pics when Im home
yea def post pics...i really like that ****!
Old 07-09-09, 01:00 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by roxanne
Damn. Super clean interior paco
thanks man, what did you ever do with your sc? end up keeping it?

----------------------------------------------

I think those with short shifters a weighted **** would probably help even more since you lose some leverage it takes a little more to get it in gear.. i dunno i love my TRD though.. i have a project mu which has some kind of torque dampner in it but i just don't like the ****.
Old 07-09-09, 08:20 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Ive got a Greddy Trust diamond shaped **** that looks just like the TWM ****. Im looking for a GS/LS shift **** to fit on the SC. Does anyone have any pics of that?
Old 07-29-09, 08:07 AM
djb5118
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Ive got a Greddy Trust diamond shaped **** that looks just like the TWM ****. Im looking for a GS/LS shift **** to fit on the SC. Does anyone have any pics of that?
do you have pics of the greddy ****?
Old 07-29-09, 12:13 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

lol.

it came off my 5spd scion tC since a sponsor on our forums made a few. my short throw in the tC made the shifts pretty hard, so the leverage from this **** helped a bunch.
Old 07-30-09, 12:02 AM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Bad picture, buts its a Greddy ****, I have had this same **** on my last 3 cars! Only downfall is that it gets hot as hell when its warm outside!

Old 07-30-09, 04:33 AM
djb5118
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CLNSC3
Bad picture, buts its a Greddy ****, I have had this same **** on my last 3 cars! Only downfall is that it gets hot as hell when its warm outside!

I'm thinking either this style or the TWM ball-style one. Either way, Crown Royal bags do wonders on hot days!
Old 07-30-09, 07:26 AM
v-empire
Driver

Originally Posted by djb5118
"Why is a heavier shift **** better you may ask yourself? The answer is simple and relates to basic physics. A heavy shift **** carries with it more kinetic energy and has greater momentum than a less massive (lighter) shift **** travelling at the same speed. Kinetic energy is defined as the energy possessed by a body because of its motion, equal to one half the mass of the body times the square of its speed. Momentum is defined as the product of the mass times the velocity of an object. Since kinetic energy and momentum are directly proportional to an objects mass, the more massive (heavy) an object is the more kinetic energy it carries with it through it's movement, and it has a greater momentum than a less massive object travelling at the same speed.

This theory applies to a shift **** in the following manner. While shifting, the shift **** is set in motion by the driver. While the shift **** is travelling between gears, it has a certain velocity and carries with it kinetic energy. The additional kinetic energy the heavy shift **** carries with it helps it to engage in to the next gear. Essentially, the shifter with a heavier shift **** is more "difficult" to stop because of the added kinetic energy, which actually helps it engage in to the next gear with less direct effort from the driver. The net result is a smoother engagement in to the next gear with less effort put in from the driver on the shift **** to get it in to gear. It is for this reason that a heavier shift **** feels much smoother to shift than a shifter with a stock shift ****."

from
http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shift-****.html
not knocking on you by any means, so dont take it personally.

but whoever came up with that must have tried to convinced him/herself that was the best reason to keep their weighted shift ****.. lol

driving is about feel, thus, preferrence. there is no right nor wrong, or better or worst, coz at the end of the day, its either track time that matters, or how much you enjoyed your drive, may it be for leisure or agressive.

i prefer a shiftknob that gives me feedback from my gears and synchros, even tho it nice to slap a short heavy shifter so effortless during a leisure trip. therefore, i believe implying ithat its a better shifter, is a flawed statement.

anywyas, here mine.

DSG Rally-shiftknob

Last edited by v-empire; 07-30-09 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-30-09, 07:33 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
Hey Red what Dash kit is that for the HU ?
Thats the Metra kit. It snot bad, a little plastic-like, but finishes the look.
Old 07-30-09, 07:56 AM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

Old 07-30-09, 10:21 AM
roxanne
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aka paco
thanks man, what did you ever do with your sc? end up keeping it?
Yeah I kept it...long story lol. I guess I should post pics since she's been fixed.
Old 07-30-09, 10:40 AM
djb5118
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by v-empire
not knocking on you by any means, so dont take it personally.

but whoever came up with that must have tried to convinced him/herself that was the best reason to keep their weighted shift ****.. lol

driving is about feel, thus, preferrence. there is no right nor wrong, or better or worst, coz at the end of the day, its either track time that matters, or how much you enjoyed your drive, may it be for leisure or agressive.

i prefer a shiftknob that gives me feedback from my gears and synchros, even tho it nice to slap a short heavy shifter so effortless during a leisure trip. therefore, i believe implying ithat its a better shifter, is a flawed statement.

anywyas, here mine.

DSG Rally-shiftknob

no offense taken....well it was written by a company that sells weighted *****, so take that as you will haha
Old 07-30-09, 10:52 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SO basically better feel is why a heavier shift **** would be good
Old 03-03-10, 06:31 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump. Post more pics people!
Old 03-03-10, 07:02 PM
Tylerw1
Rookie

Here's a crappy pic. I bought this off ebay for my 300zx, but I decided I wanted the OEM shifter for the 300. This **** has very good quality leather. I just needed to rethread it to the sc300.

Sorry for the crappy pic/lighting. I could get another pic if anyone is interested.

Just found a pic of it on the web.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your 5spd Shift Knob (aftermarket)