SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

super messed up spare wheel well.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-07, 08:20 PM
vietstuh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super messed up spare wheel well.

So guys.. one of my tires had a nail in it and was starting to deflate so i put in one of my old rims and tires. and put the one with the nail in my spare wheel well. i drove over to a local tire shop (la puente tires on Valley blvd) and they jacked up my car when i wasnt looking and he did it with 5-6 full pumps with a hydraulic jack and i was like wtf. ok this guy is good for getting my lowered car up that easily.. and then he put on my wheel with a new tire mounted on and lowered my car off the jack. and then when i go and try to put my spare in the wheel well, i noticed the well is bulged up, and then i look under the well and noticed it is all dented up.. that was when i realized that he jacked my car up using the wheel well..... and then i brought it to the manager's attention. and him and all of the workers were the biggest bull****ters alive... they kept saying they never even touched my trunk when in fact one of the guys pulled my wheel+tire out of the wheel well where it was seated perfectly level.. and then 2 guys look under my car and start talking in spanish.. and tell me that my wheel well has been damaged for days.... i was just like how can you know for sure if its been a few days.. there is no sign of aging to a wheel well there will be the same amount dirt there before you put a jack under it, and after you put a jack under it... i was so mad.. i wasn't mad at the fact that they damaged my wheel well because i dont really carry a spare around anyway, but it pissed me off how they were all straight out lying and talking **** about me in spanish thinking i couldnt understand anything
anyway.. you guys see for yourselves..
sorry the picture is a bit dark.. but that's my wheel well..

so.. what can i exactly do about it?
Old 04-03-07, 08:30 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

if they wond fix it, i would start beating it with a hammer
Old 04-03-07, 08:31 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Visit the place at night...
Old 04-03-07, 08:49 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

yea go back.

a friend of mine did it to my friends s2k.. o man.. i was laughing ..

but yea if they dont fix it. put a shoe on and pound that sucker back. hah
Old 04-03-07, 09:48 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

um...don't cry over spilled milk? LOL

But seriously, get a jack and do it yourself next time. This is one of the reasons I don't ever take my car to a shop.
Old 04-03-07, 10:00 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

On any normal car that would have been a gas tank.
Old 04-03-07, 10:33 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

go back and ask them to fix it..
if they dont fix it.. this what I would do....
fix it.. then finish some "business" thats just me...

or.. if they made you pay anything.. tell them to refund ur money..
yea
Old 04-03-07, 10:48 PM
vietstuh
Pole Position

yeah i originally went to the shop just to get 1 tire mounted and balanced, but i'm not really mad about the wheel well itself, i'm just really mad about how they're still charging me for the mounting and balancing even though they clearly straight out lied.. i mean.. no way they could jack up the differential with full pumps.. everytime i jack up my car, i ALWAYS have to inch it up before i get enough clearance to do full pumps.. oh well.. i guess i'll just have to buy a tire mounting a machine and computer balancing machine and do it myself haha i really would love to "visit the place at night", but no point in making such a big deal out of a wheel well... well anyway, thanks for all your replies guys.
Old 04-03-07, 11:33 PM
ant1k
Lead Lap

id put on my steel toe shoes and go back and pound an equal dent into their heads . but thats just me haha dont follow my example. try take it to their corporate office and complain, unless its a standalone shop.
Old 04-05-07, 07:33 PM
shlounek
Lead Lap

It happens to me all the time.

1. Take out tire
2. Get in the trunk
3. Start jumping inside the wheel well Jump hard, so u straight it up with one jump

Like New
Old 04-05-07, 07:36 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

a body shop did that to my car lol.. they fixed it for free of course
Old 04-05-07, 08:21 PM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Just walk into their shop with a sledge hammer and ask them to fix it, if not then "fix" every car in there with a equal size dent.

Last edited by DryBlaze; 04-05-07 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-05-07, 10:54 PM
vietstuh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ant1k
id put on my steel toe shoes and go back and pound an equal dent into their heads . but thats just me haha dont follow my example. try take it to their corporate office and complain, unless its a standalone shop.
lol believe me, i've thought about that so much hahaha but it is a small standalone shop though and it's almost impossible to report them or even try and prove it at a small claims court due to the fact that they don't even give invoices or receipts so its pretty hard to even prove that they worked on my car at all..

Originally Posted by shlounek
It happens to me all the time.

1. Take out tire
2. Get in the trunk
3. Start jumping inside the wheel well Jump hard, so u straight it up with one jump

Like New
this looks like my only option rite now. my other option is to jack up the other parts of the wheel well so it's equally dented up... if wheel well was 5-6 inches up, that's less of the car to scrape rite ? lol but i think i'm gonna go with the first optino though. haha

Originally Posted by HoeBag
a body shop did that to my car lol.. they fixed it for free of course
well these guys chose to do nothing except talk shizzle about me in spanish and saying how they never touched it ..

Originally Posted by DryBlaze
Just walk into their shop with a sledge hammer and ask them to fix it, if not then "fix" every car in there with a equal size dent.
hahaha i just love CL violence dude lol..
Old 04-05-07, 11:46 PM
rodel
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DryBlaze
yeah, do was he says and damage other customers' cars.

I've gone to La Puent tires too. They are cheap, but I have to admit, they don't do the best work. Next time, just pay a little more. There is a Discount Tire a few miles down the street in Walnut.
Old 04-06-07, 09:18 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Bastards!

vietstuh, call immigration services and have them DEPORTED!

Quick Reply: super messed up spare wheel well.