SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

spoiler IS really on the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-05, 07:14 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaotiq
BABY POWDER???? Is this a ghetto version of powdercoating? I think the spoiler being in a different color is tacky. It kinda makes you look like you couldn't afford to paint it and just could not wait to put it on....almost like those ricer civics who put on their unpainted body kits.

"I wish I had 4 hands, so I can give it.... 4 thumbs down "

However, what ever tickles your pickle man. It's your car.
Some of them might have just put on the bodykit to test fitment and didn't have time to take it off =)....some
Old 03-10-05, 07:51 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I'm interested in this baby power thing as well. I'm only 32 so I might be too young since I never heard of it. Then again, I'm not too knowledgeable about painting either although it is something I want to learn. That is why I'm curious about the reasons and/or techniques in where baby powder would be used.
Baby Powder is a powder used on babies' behinds and diapers to prevent chafing and to help absorb some of the wetness.

It's also really fun to empty the powder into a napkin, tie it into a small ball, and to throw it at someone. Instant smoke screen.
Old 03-10-05, 07:56 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not completely sure, but I believe the baby powder in the paint technique goes back to the rodding days of the late fifties and early sixties, where primer paint jobs were the norm. I think it was an inexpensive DIY technique to add texture to primer (and possibly actual paint). I know I heard something like this once but for the life of me I cannot remember where. It may have also been used to create a primer appearance while using a gloss paint.
Old 03-10-05, 09:26 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by verylost
It's also really fun to empty the powder into a napkin, tie it into a small ball, and to throw it at someone. Instant smoke screen.
Dude SHUT UP!!! I'm dying over here!!! Blah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! I gotta try that one. Sometimes I need a good smoke screen.

Man, all you dudes saying "props for being different" are cracking me up. You must be some really REALLY nice dudes because you just don't want to say "it's ugly" and I understand that. I give props for being different if/when I like some aspect of the project. In this case I don't like ANY aspects of this project, so no props, sorry.

Again, as long as you like it then what we think doesn't matter...but I think the consensus is that it's tacky and the method used was ghetto. Maybe if you did add black rims and some cf pieces it might look better, or even go with a cf spoiler instead of a textured black...who knows...
Old 03-10-05, 10:25 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by verylost
Baby Powder is a powder used on babies' behinds and diapers to prevent chafing and to help absorb some of the wetness.

Well, besides its use for that. Maybe I can learn something new and use all the extra baby powder from my baby later in a paint project. Or at least learn and practice and old technique.
Old 03-10-05, 12:53 PM
floridaken
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
My age doesn't matter, it's about as relative as my annual income or the square footage of my home in this case. You asked what people thought of your spoiler project and asked for real responses, I gave you one...and so did many others. You like it and that's all that matters, just like people driving around with hideous stickers all over their car or grapefruit launchers for exhausts like those things whereas I think it's hideous, period. I think a large part of your giddiness over this distasteful experiment is based on your previous love affair with a Ford vehicle

baby powder goes on the asses of babies, not the asses of cars...
wow , such a emotional person , relax and get over it .. My spoiler looks great, and thanks for your opinon.. remember.. as far as (ASSES GO) Your always trying to get some, Beat some, or Be ONE!! so peace out , get over it Mike. and be well!

Later.
Old 03-10-05, 03:48 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Dude SHUT UP!!! I'm dying over here!!! Blah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! I gotta try that one. Sometimes I need a good smoke screen.
Try crushed pepper instead of baby powder. That's guaranteed to either cause burning eyes or rediculous sneezing fits. Make sure you can run fast.

Another prank I know but have never tried is to empty a bottle of baby powder under the crack of a door. Then place a fan and blow the powder into the room. If you leave the fan long enought, you should be have covered the locked room in a fine white powder.
Old 03-10-05, 03:49 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by floridaken
wow , such a emotional person , relax and get over it .. My spoiler looks great, and thanks for your opinon.. remember.. as far as (ASSES GO) Your always trying to get some, Beat some, or Be ONE!! so peace out , get over it Mike. and be well!

Later.
Such "an" emotional person. And sorry if I hurt your feelings but I believe in being honest as you asked. Friends don't let friends do things like this to their cars. Also, there's nothing for me to get over actually (I notice you mentioned that twice, redundant wouldn't you say?). Your spoiler project is what it is and the masses have spoken and given it a HUGE

Next time you do something like this ASK US TO LIE and you'll get your desired positive response of, "wow! Looks great! Good job! Can I do that to my car for under $10 too?"

I think you're taking this personally Ken, all I said was I didn't like the spoiler project (like tons of others have said), nothing more. If you like it then you shouldn't have to defend it to me, simple as that.

Last edited by mikeloc24; 03-10-05 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-10-05, 03:58 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

remember.. as far as (ASSES GO) Your always trying to get some, Beat some, or Be ONE!!
https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...ew/2160/1/126/

Response to Comments
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, do not respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility puts you in jeopardy, and puts you at risk for action against your account even if it is another member’s fault. Members have two options of recourse:

Email the moderators of the forum in which the offensive comment is posted, directing them to the individual and thread in which the problem occurs. Use the "Notify a Moderator" button on the bottom of the offensive post to accomplish the same thing. Moderators will look into the issues and take the appropriate actions.
Resolve the problem between both of you via email or Private Message (PM).

Personal Attacks
While we encourage lively debates and discussions, we will not tolerate personal attacks of any kind. Any person attacking another forum member will receive a warning
and have their offenses removed. One more offense and the offending member will be permanently suspended from ClubLexus. Any member that physically threatens another member on ClubLexus will result in an automatic suspension immediately
Old 03-10-05, 04:12 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Lol, that little part of his post made me chuckle actually

I'm done with it B.
Old 03-10-05, 05:06 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Jeez! Someone didn't get their baby-butt powdered this morning.

Either that or someone's doing lines of baby powder off their spoiler.

Either way, some funny stuff!

~Alan
Old 03-10-05, 06:59 PM
floridaken
Driver School Candidate

Default Last word!!

Word!!! Lmao