SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Need some info on racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-04, 11:13 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some info on racing seats

I've really been confused about what to do with my interior. My latest craze is racing seats. I know some ppl here have them so I have a few question for you guys. I do alot of driving and dont want seats that are literally going to be a pain in the a$$. Which seats are probably the most comfortable? The main reason for me thinking about race seats over Supra seats is weight. I've heard racing seats are around 15 each while Supra is 45. Really my main concern is that I want to maintain somewhat of a soft ride because I frequently go on long trips. Based on my need of having something comfortable that I can drive in, do you think racing seats are for me or should I stick with the somewhat heavy Supra seats? TIA
Old 11-05-04, 11:35 PM
Vitmn R
Rookie

I have heard the Supra TT seats are 27lbs each.. On racing seats, my 94 Cobra had 2 Corbeau non adjustable seats. They were very light weight and comfortable.. I drove to school and back 4 times with them which is 12 hours and 900 miles one way.. LOL VA to Chicago.. I would drive all it at once and only noticed a sore back after 7-8 hours of driving.. Personally, nice adjustable seats are kinda pricey if you get higher end ones.. Their are lots of nice adjustable, yet awsome seats priced between 400-600 each.. Yes must racing seats are under 20lbs each and some very expensive ones run under 10lbs each, but cost well over 1grand each.. Good luck
Old 11-06-04, 11:27 PM
2jz LEXURY
Driver School Candidate

well by ur sig ill say you have the money for mine M3 Swade Seats there cumfortable SWADE!!!! and Incredablly light there in the new M3 CSL <<< donno if thats right CSL bit but its the carbon fiber M3 Seats they are the best and look stylish still
Old 11-07-04, 12:20 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 2jz LEXURY
well by ur sig ill say you have the money for mine M3 Swade Seats there cumfortable SWADE!!!! and Incredablly light there in the new M3 CSL <<< donno if thats right CSL bit but its the carbon fiber M3 Seats they are the best and look stylish still
Hrmm... this post is missing something.....
Old 11-07-04, 02:29 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 2jz LEXURY
Shipping from Australia would kill.
Old 11-08-04, 06:00 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

honda s2000 seats bolt directly into the sc300/400 . the 2004 are made of alcantara suede and are amazingly comfortable light weight bucket seats. i have a pair on the way that i pair 1250 for.. but they are definately worth it!
Old 11-09-04, 09:08 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

I'm using recaro SRDs. Extremely comfy and good for daily driving. I used to drive 5 hrs straight in them when I used to travel from San Fran to LA all the time.
Old 11-09-04, 09:19 AM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i have Bride Brix and they keep you in place, i'll say this: if you have a large body frame, don't get brides, lol, you'll have trouble getting out, some of my husky friends said as much as they like them, they'd never buy them since they'll stretch the side bolsters LOL

btw, they are comfortable, but when i drove with mine for about 4 hours, my *** and left side got numb and tingly, maybe cuz it's like im sitting straight on the floor! hahahahahahaha, comfortable nonetheless
Old 11-09-04, 09:52 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

1993sctt.....I've read from others that the s2000 seats are NOT a direct fit into our cars... Anyone have a definite answer?
Old 11-09-04, 11:18 AM
drnkcarlos
Driver

It depends on what seat you get how comfortable they are, and what your personal comfort requirement are. I don't have many issues with comfort anymore.

I have an old Bride Ergo for the passenger side (used to be my driver seat) and I used to drive 3-4 hours away to go race quite often and it never felt anymore uncomfortable than any other seat I used. Only problem with Bride recliners in SC is that they sit VERY LOW!!!! I had to put cushions under me so I could literally see over the hood. Now if your used to the leather stock seats... they are no where in the same comfort zone, so don't do it if that what your looking for. Now I use a Bride Artis (Has one shorter shoulder support for easy use of side break for Gymkana) full bucket seat for the driver side its tight, since I'm not a thin man, but it holds me good and I've driven long distances in this seat with no problems in comfort. But I've been using these types of seats exclusively for my cars for the past 5 years so I've learned to give up some issues of comfort for control and safety, not too mention the drop in weight as well.
Old 11-09-04, 02:10 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

drnkcarlos, if you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?
Old 11-09-04, 03:15 PM
drnkcarlos
Driver

I'm 5'6" not the tallest, but I've had friends who were 5'11" tell me they couldn;t see over my hood as well..
Old 11-09-04, 06:57 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

BRIDE SEATS

Are these seats legit? I'm not too familiar with bride seats and my brother wants to buy them for his supra, so he asked me if these were legit and I told them i'd ask the people at my forum. To me they look straight, but if any of you guys could help i'd appreciate it. Thanks
Old 11-09-04, 07:03 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

if racing seats were too low for what you would like, is there a way to customize a bracket to raise it higher?
Old 11-09-04, 07:54 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I had some Recaro SRD's as well and I got rid of them because they sat me wayyyy too low...I'm also 5'6"...

What also happened was that the seat belt would also be too high (because the seat sat basically on the floor) and would get in the throat of my passengers...not a good thing...

So, I ditched the seats and maybe...if I can modify them to sit me higher, I'd get another set in a heartbeat.

Recaro & Bride brackets are "super-low" type brackets and will sit you basically on the floor of the car. I hear Sparco brackets will sit you a bit higher, but I don't like the looks of sparcos...

Anyways, it'd be nice to get a pair of CSL seats in, they're sure comfortable and grip you like no other...but...I'd imagine it'd cost at least $3k for them?

Quick Reply: Need some info on racing seats