SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC400 Grounding Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-04, 01:37 AM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone have instruction how to install these things? I want to know how to install it before I buy it. Please help my ignorance
Old 07-16-04, 03:19 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at the pics I posted. It's pretty easy to figure out. Just start at one point and make the ground connection and just keep going until all ground points are made. Each piece is connected to another piece at a ground point. All you have to do is remove a bolts/nuts at the ground points and attach the ground cables and reinstall the bolts/nuts. Go for it, it's easy.

Jeremy
Old 09-03-04, 01:58 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

sorry to bring this thread back up.
does anyone know if this company is still making kits for the sc400? their website doesn't have it listed and i've emailed them twice (4 months and 1 month ago) but have yet to hear anything from them.
Old 09-03-04, 02:19 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by hellasboy
sorry to bring this thread back up.
does anyone know if this company is still making kits for the sc400? their website doesn't have it listed and i've emailed them twice (4 months and 1 month ago) but have yet to hear anything from them.
shoot a pm to teCKis300 and ask him....he's the one making the kits...
Old 09-03-04, 03:07 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had my kit on now for around 1000 miles and I love it. It has improved my shifts greatly and it actually does make the car feel like it’s taking off a bit faster. It's a lot like what LexAnt said it makes it feel as if the car has just started up and still strong. Over all I am happy with the mod and I think its worth the $$, If any of you guys are interested I think you should give it a chance. Oh yea and I could swear that my system is sounding clearer and hitting better than be4

Tommy
Old 11-28-04, 08:40 AM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to revive an older thread again, but I was really wanted to get a grounding kit. There's on on eBay, but I think it only has four wires (but a cool TRD terminal block....is this kit really TRD? Anyone know for sure??). Please let me know what you think of this grounding kit & it's price.

1.eBay auction #1 for TRD grounding kit (SC300/400)

2.eBay auction #2 for TRD grounding kit (supra)

NOTE: I can't believe that the seller has two different auctions, for the same dang thing, and is charging so much more in auction #1 (well...$15 more) just because he has the word Lexus in the title...argh...

teCKis300 I PM you, incase you still have a SC4 grounding kit / can still make one for me...please let me know...thanks!
Old 11-28-04, 10:20 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

jdm style.........
Old 11-28-04, 12:05 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

You can just get a grounding kit from Daizen. Contact Todd at tmengineering.net

Link
Old 11-29-04, 03:09 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Dude stay the hell away from "Queen Racing" for your own good. I was about to buy some stuff from them a while back and I got a bad vibe from the person I spoke to on the phone. They're right in La Puente, not hella far from where I live, so I was planning to drive there to pick up my stuff. They said I'd still have to pay shipping fees (almost the same price as the grounding kit!!) AND pay sales tax since I'm in Cali. I said there's no way in hell I'm paying $19 shipping AND sales tax and that was the end of the deal. Just be careful who you deal with on ebay, I'd just get one from TM if I were you. But that's just my opinion...QR came off to me as a shady seller.
Old 11-29-04, 03:17 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Originally posted by mikeloc24
Dude stay the hell away from "Queen Racing" for your own good. I was about to buy some stuff from them a while back and I got a bad vibe from the person I spoke to on the phone. They're right in La Puente, not hella far from where I live, so I was planning to drive there to pick up my stuff. They said I'd still have to pay shipping fees (almost the same price as the grounding kit!!) AND pay sales tax since I'm in Cali. I said there's no way in hell I'm paying $19 shipping AND sales tax and that was the end of the deal. Just be careful who you deal with on ebay, I'd just get one from TM if I were you. But that's just my opinion...QR came off to me as a shady seller.
Thanks for the warning. I think I'll just order one directly from the company - either Daizen or Apexi...dunno yet.
Old 11-29-04, 05:22 PM
setwire
Pole Position

Default Hyper Grounding Kit

I ordered the SunAuto Hyper Grounding Kit and the Sunauto Hyper Voltage Kit from Carson Toyota, one of the sponsors here.
Installed them both this morning and am very happy with the results.
SC 400's idle is smoother, shifts are a little more positive and the car feels to have a little more power.
Don't know about the increased mileage yet but will be monitoring it and see how it goes.
Took me a little over an hour to install both Kits.
Tools required 10mm wrench, 10mm socket, 12mm socket and extensions.

Rob

Last edited by setwire; 11-29-04 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-29-04, 07:31 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Default Re: Hyper Grounding Kit

Originally posted by setwire
I ordered the SunAuto Hyper Grounding Kit and the Sunauto Hyper Voltage Kit from Carson Toyota, one of the sponsors here.
Installed them both this morning and am very happy with the results.
SC 400's idle is smoother, shifts are a little more positive and the car feels to have a little more power.
Don't know about the increased mileage yet but will be monitoring it and see how it goes.
Took me a little over an hour to install both Kits.
Tools required 10mm wrench, 10mm socket, 12mm socket and extensions.

Rob
How much did the two kits cost you from Carson?
Old 11-29-04, 08:05 PM
setwire
Pole Position

Default Hyper Ground and Hyper Voltage Kits

cheungsta

Hyper Ground Kit---------------------$115.00US
Hyper Voltage Kit---------------------$118.00US
These are SunAuto Kits from Japan and they are the same price as offered on the Sunauto site.
Carson Toyota is a big sponsor of theis site and I always if possible buy from site sponsors.
Here is the link to Carson Toyota page.

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/st...id=25&cat_id=1

Carson Toyota has some of the best prices for Aftermarket accessories and genuine Lexus Parts.
Steve Gantz is the parts manager and an active member on these forums.

Rob

Last edited by setwire; 11-29-04 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-29-04, 08:11 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Thanks for all the info setwire! I've read Steve's name and Carson Toyota on a few previous threads, but now that I know a bit more info, I think I'll be ordering things from them too

Thanks for posting feedback about what kinda gains / benifits you got from installing the two kits. Also much apprecitated.
Old 11-30-04, 07:27 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmmm

You guys do know wht TMengineering has grounding kits made specifically for the SC400 and SC300 right?

IMO they are pretty much the best constructed grounding kits I've seen to date for just about any model.

www.tmengineering.net and they are clublexus sponsor as well.

Quick Reply: SC400 Grounding Kits