RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Lexus Safety System+ (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-15, 05:22 AM
Judged678
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus Safety System+ (merged threads)

Hey all,

Got a couple spec sheets for F Sports at various dealers. Only one of them has the Lexus Safety System+
Looks like these f sports are coming with set packages. My question is:
I read one review that one of the test reviewers **** the safety system off since it kept vibrating if he didn't stay exactly in the center of the lane. Is this something that can be adjusted? See below spec sheet

Old 12-07-15, 08:22 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

The Lane Detect system has many customizable settings. You can change the sensitivity as well
as selecting steering wheel vibrate or sound warning. You can have it actually correct your path with
a bit of torque to the steering or just remind you to do it. Key to your understanding is...if you are paying
attention and in control the systems do nothing. Wander around or change lanes wo/signalling and
you will get chimed or buzzed.
Old 12-07-15, 08:38 AM
hon3kong
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is an amazing system. I used the all speed rader cruise control and LKA with center lane on during bumper to bumper traffic. All i have to do is use one hand to hold the wheel lightly. The car wil drive itself.
Old 12-07-15, 09:37 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

You definitely do not need to stay in the center of the lane. Mine will not shake the wheel until you are near or on the line. The whole system works great.
Old 12-07-15, 10:09 AM
oliver9
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hon3kong
This is an amazing system. I used the all speed rader cruise control and LKA with center lane on during bumper to bumper traffic. All i have to do is use one hand to hold the wheel lightly. The car wil drive itself.
Wow -- on the bumper-to-bumper traffic, after a full stop, do you have to press anything to get the Safety+ feature to work again?
Old 12-07-15, 12:05 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oliver9
Wow -- on the bumper-to-bumper traffic, after a full stop, do you have to press anything to get the Safety+ feature to work again?
No. The Safety+ services work full time unless you elect to turn them off.

I have already had mine warn me to brake when the person in front of me slammed on his brakes to make a almost missed turn. My question is if I had NOT applied brakes at that point would the RX have done it for me?
Old 12-07-15, 12:14 PM
oliver9
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXOwner
No. The Safety+ services work full time unless you elect to turn them off.

I have already had mine warn me to brake when the person in front of me slammed on his brakes to make a almost missed turn. My question is if I had NOT applied brakes at that point would the RX have done it for me?
That is awesome, with Subaru eyesight you have to press a button after a complete stop. I will try it while driving home tonight.

I wish Lexus provide us with a Lexus Safety+ drive test so we can try all this safely (using Lexus corporate cars of course)
Old 12-07-15, 12:56 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

That is awesome, with Subaru eyesight you have to press a button after a complete stop. I will try it while driving home tonight.

I wish Lexus provide us with a Lexus Safety+ drive test so we can try all this safely (using Lexus corporate cars of course)
Draft a letter to Lexus! They already have the F-Sport Experience driving event to showcase their performance line. It would be great if they offered some type of experience so people can see how these features work.
Old 12-07-15, 12:58 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Will the Safety + system actaully brake my car if I fail to do so?
Old 12-07-15, 03:38 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RXOwner
Will the Safety + system actaully brake my car if I fail to do so?
With pre collision system active, it will break for you with full force breaking, if u dont respond to the warning. Trust me, It's not fun when it brakes with full force to complete stop on highway, but at least it avoids you an accident
Old 12-07-15, 04:19 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

you have to press either cruise control stalk up or gas pedal tap to have it restart from full stop... it doesnt restart because you could be at a stop sign or at red light.
Old 12-07-15, 05:22 PM
oliver9
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spwolf
you have to press either cruise control stalk up or gas pedal tap to have it restart from full stop... it doesnt restart because you could be at a stop sign or at red light.
Thanks spwolf -- that makes sense
Old 12-08-15, 01:39 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

With pre collision system active, it will break for you with full force breaking, if u dont respond to the warning. Trust me, It's not fun when it brakes with full force to complete stop on highway, but at least it avoids you an accident
Avoiding the accident is always optimal. "Full force braking" sounds acceptable compared to rear ending the vehicle in front of me. If it works one time it paid for itself and more. No accidents or even a ticket in 30+ years but you never know. I can see myself looking in the rear view mirror if this ever happens.

Thanks.
Old 12-08-15, 05:06 PM
Judged678
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

out of 3 dealers that have the vehicle coming in, only one has the Lexus safety+ system

It is +$635?

[/QUOTE]
Old 12-08-15, 09:17 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Does the active cruise control need to be on for the pre-collision system to work?

Quick Reply: Lexus Safety System+ (merged threads)