RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-19, 08:14 AM
Gottspd
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

try a reset on the box first...
Old 07-01-19, 08:29 AM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gottspd
How? Do you mean turning the car off? I do not have any access to the box since I put it behind the infotainment system. I can not unplug it.
Old 07-01-19, 09:14 AM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

I connected a computer mouse to USB 1 and was able to navigate to the app settings. The picture shows the broken app. Do you know any way to restart the system without unplugging the power? Which bottom in our car serves as the power button for the box. There must be one since the home and back button exist for it.

Old 07-01-19, 09:19 AM
jjj666
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SADAF
I connected a computer mouse to USB 1 and was able to navigate to the app settings. The picture shows the broken app. Do you know any way to restart the system without unplugging the power? Which bottom in our car serves as the power button for the box. There must be one since the home and back button exist for it.

Does “delete app data” help?
Old 07-01-19, 09:24 AM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jjj666
Does “delete app data” help?
I did. It does not help. I also uninstalled the update but no progress. It really needs to be rebooted.
Old 07-01-19, 09:33 AM
Gottspd
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

press mode and track up at the same time and it resets the box.
The following users liked this post:
SADAF (07-01-19)
Old 07-01-19, 09:35 AM
jjj666
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did. It does not help. I also uninstalled the update but no progress. It really needs to be rebooted.
under factory, there is a setting for Cross option, does changing this have any impact?
Old 07-01-19, 10:13 AM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

press mode and track up at the same time and it resets the box.
Worked Perfectly. Thanks "Gottspd"
So, let me summarize my experience here: I updated an app called "MovingDotService". After the update, the cursor dot got disappeared. To resolve this issue you have to restart the box by pressing "mode" and "Track up" button at the same time for 1-2 seconds.
A little cool experience to share: In the meanwhile that the cursor was invisible, I attached a computer mouse to USB 1 to navigate through the settings. (I knew it would work since I used a mouse with my android tablet before). I believe working with a computer mouse is a lot easier than the Lexus mouse/****/joystick, etc especially if your passengers from rear seat want to control it while you are driving. I will try a wireless mouse and let you know if it works. I tried a wired mouse and it worked.
The following 4 users liked this post by SADAF:
Gottspd (07-01-19), jjj666 (07-01-19), Lepapeherm (09-07-20), thompkb (10-04-19)
Old 07-01-19, 01:37 PM
leedoobert
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How? Do you mean turning the car off? I do not have any access to the box since I put it behind the infotainment system. I can not unplug it.
OMG you mean I have to open the infotainment system again and unplug the box?????
I also had the same problem...I just turned off the car and the box will eventually power off

When i started my car back up, the red dot re-appeared again
Old 07-01-19, 06:19 PM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

One more problem:

Did anyone have the audio delay problem in Facetime or watching a video on Youtube?

Thanks

Last edited by SADAF; 07-01-19 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-01-19, 06:38 PM
zaibrock
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Black screen Android box interface on AUX Source

Can anyone help me what needs to be done. Black screen Android box interface on AUX Source. But if I use hangup button on steering wheel it switches to Android interface. What should I do to make AUX work and car boots directly to Android box Source

Video

Has anyone had same issue and how to resolve this ?
Old 07-01-19, 10:35 PM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by zaibrock
Can anyone help me what needs to be done. Black screen Android box interface on AUX Source. But if I use hangup button on steering wheel it switches to Android interface. What should I do to make AUX work and car boots directly to Android box Source

Video YouTube video

Mark Levinson? I think there is a widespead issue with the AUX method on Mark Levinson. I cannot enter Android through AUX menu, so I just use the hang up button all the time. The engineer looked into it and had no idea what's wrong, so they collected the model number of my headunit.
The following users liked this post:
zaibrock (07-02-19)
Old 07-02-19, 05:25 AM
kmare
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by qvtruong
Mark Levinson? I think there is a widespead issue with the AUX method on Mark Levinson. I cannot enter Android through AUX menu, so I just use the hang up button all the time. The engineer looked into it and had no idea what's wrong, so they collected the model number of my headunit.
Non ML unit here. I can only access Android by holding hangup.

I actually prefer this because it let's me listen to Android box and maintain original map/climate controls etc.
Old 07-02-19, 05:56 AM
kri
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zaibrock

Video YouTube video

Originally Posted by qvtruong
I have the same problem. Plugin the 3.5mm jack loop-back didn't solve the problem. I have ML.
Old 07-04-19, 05:29 AM
emhriv
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Routing the USB cable to armrest box

Folks, got a few requests to do a quick DIY how to rout the usb cables to the armrest box.
Hope this is helpful. Takes about 10 min.
NOTE: 2016 RX 350 NON-NAV system. I think the nav will be similar.

1. Start by taking off the two side covers. I only use my fingers to gently pry them out. Most of you have done this step as part of the box install

2. Take out the console with the head unit controls - open the arm rest box, grab the console back with your hand and gently pull the back up to release it from the clips. Once the back is up, the console slides backwards and out

2a) unplug the connector - same connector as the car start button connector, squeeze and unplug

3. Take out the trim round the head unit - again I am using my fingers to gently pull it out. Always starting from the bottom passenger side

4. Unscrew the shift gear ****

5. Take out the armrest box USB/power panel - at this point you have access to the back of the panel. Find the red clips on both end and push them out.

5a) disconnect the connectors - squeeze the clip lips and disconnect

6. Unscrew the two screws that’s you see here.

[img]blob:https://www.clublexus.com/df155b31-9dcf-4cdd-8608-43379c109f4b[/img]

7. Once the screws are out, slide the whole center console backwards.

8. Lift the back and disconnect the drive mode control button first. Then there are three more connectors at the front - seat temp control, hand brake, break hold buttons. Once everything is disconnected, lift the console up over the shift gear stick.

I routed the box USB cables behind the shelf that is under the head unit and then along the center console.

The android box is behind this shelf. I routed the cables behind and under without removing the shelf

[img]blob:https://www.clublexus.com/3d7dff2d-aaec-4f46-9a8a-184d981a39b2[/img]

9. Last - take a fine round file and file the armrest box plastic where the cables come out. I did the driver side corner.

Put everything back in reverse order
The following 5 users liked this post by emhriv:
Ditze (06-25-20), hjk (07-05-19), jjj666 (07-04-19), leedoobert (07-04-19), ravenuer (07-04-19)

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350