RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Thinking of buying brand new Lexus 2017 Rx 350 f-sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-18, 07:32 AM
johnhey
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by minusplus
I personally wouldn't let the vibration issue sway you from buying an awesome vehicle.
i don't even believe vibration is an [major] issue for these reasons
  1. not a single RX review mentioned this as an issue
  2. there are only few people (like tdjacw ) posted hundreds of comments for this, not hundreds of people
  3. if there was a real issue lexus would issue a recall, ( TSB is different, check difference of TSB vs recall)
  4. noise and vibration is subjective, some people are more sensitive. period
Every car with internal combustion engine will have some noise and vibration. this is mechanic.
if you want to have none, go get an electric car.

Last edited by johnhey; 02-13-18 at 07:36 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by johnhey:
CharmCtyIS (02-13-18), Cocal (02-13-18), tomtom74 (02-13-18)
Old 02-13-18, 08:10 AM
Cocal
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by johnhey
  2. there are only few people (like tdjacw ) posted hundreds of comments for this, not hundreds of people
  3. if there was a real issue lexus would issue a recall, ( TSB is different, check difference of TSB vs recall)
Every car with internal combustion engine will have some noise and vibration. this is mechanic.
Right On! These vibrations have been dealt with (so to speak) by improving motor-mounts. One can't eliminate vibration from anything moving, but we can reduce the amount of perceived vibration through those mounts.
Old 02-13-18, 10:22 AM
minusplus
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed. CL represents a small percentage of RX drivers. If you have a problem, take it to the dealership for warranty repair. There are good dealerships out there. Every OEM has their share of problems. When I had my Infiniti G37, I had to replace the steering wheel and interior panels twice because of paint chipping. The Infiniti HR motor had a major flaw where they used oil gaskets that were made out of paper. Within 60k-90k miles the paper gaskets would explode, causing an internal leak in the engine. The part itself is about $2.00, but it required 14 hours of labor.
Old 02-13-18, 11:50 AM
DaytonaV
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mx5mike
I have a 16 RX 350 F Sprot. I have had the hesitation issue; Fixed under warranty with a TSB. .
mike,

can you post mention the TSB number. I think I also notice some hesitation.

thanks.
Old 02-15-18, 12:38 PM
nextcar
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bchydro604
No experience with excessive noise and vibration ??
my main concern. Thinking either going with the 2017 or the 2018 model.
To truly determine whether the RX has the vibration, the car needs to be at a stop, and you accelerate moderately, preferably going up hill, and I believe most 16-17 RX 350 models will have some degree of vibration/drone.

Some people are not very sensitive to this vibration/drone and not be bothered at all, like my wife.

To be on the safe side, you should get the '18.
Old 02-15-18, 05:35 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by nextcar
To truly determine whether the RX has the vibration, the car needs to be at a stop, and you accelerate moderately, preferably going up hill, and I believe most 16-17 RX 350 models will have some degree of vibration/drone.

Some people are not very sensitive to this vibration/drone and not be bothered at all, like my wife.

To be on the safe side, you should get the '18.
Folks should not try to do the above. Why look for a problem that you don't even know or care you have? Nextcar's wife is a lot happier than Nextcar on this issue. I am being bothered by some super low volume ticking noise in my car. My wife doesn't care. She is a lot happier than I am right now. Just stating the obvious
Old 02-15-18, 05:49 PM
nextcar
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The vibration/drone thread has over 1200 posts, and is the longest thread on this forum. It's not just a few people posting hundreds of times, it's many unique users. Some are bothered a bit, and others are bothered a lot. Every person has different perceptions and sensitivities, so the only good advice is for each potential buyer to thoroughly test drive the vehicle.
Old 02-15-18, 09:57 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by nextcar
The vibration/drone thread has over 1200 posts, and is the longest thread on this forum. It's not just a few people posting hundreds of times, it's many unique users. Some are bothered a bit, and others are bothered a lot. Every person has different perceptions and sensitivities, so the only good advice is for each potential buyer to thoroughly test drive the vehicle.
or buy an Australian one as ours don't have this problem at all...
Old 02-16-18, 04:52 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
or buy an Australian one as ours don't have this problem at all...
guessing shipping might be expensive, lol
plus not sure about the exchange rate.
Old 02-16-18, 04:54 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Drone is audible , vibration is well a vibration.
i felt the vibration on my test drives, and knew it wasn't for me. Don't recall if i heard the drone or not.