RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Fsport or Appearance pkg?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-17, 08:12 AM
zac3ne2nr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fsport or Appearance pkg?

Hi everyone,
New to the community and while I don't yet own an RX350 I am currently in the market for a used (obv lol) 2013-2014 - hopefully Fsport.. MY wife has always had the better car and it's time to put on my adult pants and stop with the tuner shenanigans. I've been reading threads here for a few months and have learnt a lot.

I'm looking at this one , you'll notice the upper girlle. I'm waiting to hear back from the owner but he lists it as an Fsport model.
Should I be able to negotiate down as it's not really an Fsport and should I be afraid of 200k km = 120k miles?

Fsport or Appearance pkg?-26clhwh.jpg
Fsport or Appearance pkg?-7i4afhe.jpg
Fsport or Appearance pkg?-xmmxdor.jpg

Zac
CANADA
Old 06-27-17, 08:55 AM
MikeInOr
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My personal feeling on high millage cars is that it depends on the model of car. I would expect a RX to easily go 240K mi if the previous owners maintained it well and you maintain it well. So about half or less of the useful life of the RX has been expended.

Five years ago I purchased a Crew Cab Duramax diesel with 180K mi on it. It now has 240K mi and I still couldn't be happier with this truck! It is now my daily driver while I am shopping for a replacement for my 2003 Maxima that has finally given up. That replacement will be a RX 450h and the one I believe I will be buying has 86K on it and will be my new daily driver putting my Duramax back to weekend hauler duties.

I can't help you on the F-Sport identification.
Old 06-27-17, 10:51 AM
F250
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm another high mileage buyer. Of the 16 vehicles I've purchased (or directed the purchase) in the past 10 years (I have six kids), only 3 have been below 100K miles (a one year old Jett TDI, a 5 year old I35, a 4 year old Excursion, and the '10 RX450h we bought last August. Several have had 225K miles when we bought them. My own DD is a F250 diesel which had 114K when I bought it 10 almost 11 years ago and it now has 292K miles on it, and I would not hesitate to drive ti cross-country tomorrow. We've generally gotten at least 5 years out of each vehicle (except for the several which were totaled by one of my sons). In every sense, I not only am in complete agreement with Mike's input above, I testimony to the fact that it really works.

Again, like Mike, I'm not fluent with the F-Sport.
Old 06-27-17, 02:28 PM
phlorida
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The picture of the vehicle shows the the F Sport badge fairly clearly.
Old 06-27-17, 03:03 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Weird, the steering wheel doesn't have the paddle shifters. Besides the rims and badge, the F-sport also has a black headliner and 8-speed. Those are good visual clues.

The RX is pretty dependable. Check out the high mileage thread.
Old 06-28-17, 12:49 AM
roy7777
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Appearance pkg does not have any F-sport badge, of course you can add it on fender or tail easily, but not on steering wheel. I have no idea this is a real F-sport or appearance pkg.
Old 06-28-17, 04:34 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Weird, the steering wheel doesn't have the paddle shifters. Besides the rims and badge, the F-sport also has a black headliner and 8-speed. Those are good visual clues.

The RX is pretty dependable. Check out the high mileage thread.

x2. Have the owner snap another picture of the paddle shifter to confirm they're there. In many photos online, the paddles can be blocked out if the photos are taken too closely to the steering wheel.
Old 06-28-17, 01:29 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,098 Likes on 937 Posts

I think the VIN if decoded would let you know if it was an F Sport or just the appearance package, or an added on couple of labels.
Old 06-29-17, 10:12 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

OP - As already posted the VIN would be the best way for you to find out if it's a "real" F Sport.

Also as already mentioned, the grill and missing paddles are the first clues to it not being an F Sport. All F-Sports came with an 8 Speed with paddle shifters, perf dampers and VDIM. In addition, besides the black headliner, if the interior is black, it should be black leather with white perforations and have white contrasting stitching on the seats, doors and console. This and the (Cabernet interior for MY2015) were exclusive to the F Sport.

IMO if this turns to be a fake F Sport, and the seller is misleading people, I wouldn't buy it because it would make me wonder what else the seller is lying about that you can't easily see. Good Luck..

Last edited by JT4; 06-29-17 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-30-17, 03:30 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Is this a hybrid RX450h with the FSport Appearance Package??

Originally Posted by zac3ne2nr
Hi everyone,
New to the community and while I don't yet own an RX350 I am currently in the market for a used (obv lol) 2013-2014 - hopefully Fsport.. MY wife has always had the better car and it's time to put on my adult pants and stop with the tuner shenanigans. I've been reading threads here for a few months and have learnt a lot.

I'm looking at this one , you'll notice the upper girlle. I'm waiting to hear back from the owner but he lists it as an Fsport model.
Should I be able to negotiate down as it's not really an Fsport and should I be afraid of 200k km = 120k miles?

Zac
CANADA
Old 06-30-17, 05:02 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

I don't believe Lexus offered the F Sport package on the 3RX 450h models.
Old 06-30-17, 05:32 AM
Airbalance
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I think it is a FSport , it has the F sport pedals
here a picture I took Of our wheel , it does not show the paddle shifter , but they are there
Attached Thumbnails Fsport or Appearance pkg?-image.jpeg  
Old 06-30-17, 06:26 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Good point, from that angle you're right in that you can't see the paddles. And yeah it has the pedals, but the seller could have bought the pedals as he did with the F Sport badges.. I guess what has me skeptical is the grille, it's not the F Sport grille, and if the original grille was damaged why not put the F Sport grille back on instead of the Sport Appearance grille. I wish the OP had a better pic of the interior.
Old 06-30-17, 02:12 PM
Airbalance
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
Good point, from that angle you're right in that you can't see the paddles. And yeah it has the pedals, but the seller could have bought the pedals as he did with the F Sport badges.. I guess what has me skeptical is the grille, it's not the F Sport grille, and if the original grille was damaged why not put the F Sport grille back on instead of the Sport Appearance grille. I wish the OP had a better pic of the interior.
F sport pedals are nice but I wouldn't do it as a mod
I guess the OP should take for a drive and see if it an 8 speed tranny
also in Canada the 2013 came with HUD standard on all F Sports ,
Old 07-01-17, 04:54 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I said:

"Is this a hybrid RX450h with the FSport Appearance Package??"

I have the above in my 2013 RX450h.

Mine is not a "FSport". In the RX450h, mine is called"FSport Appearance Package". Yes, Lexus makes it very confusing.

Originally Posted by JT4
I don't believe Lexus offered the F Sport package on the 3RX 450h models.

Last edited by lexusrus; 07-01-17 at 06:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Fsport or Appearance pkg?