RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Crystal eye v2 tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-17, 10:55 AM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

It should not be hard to determine.

Determine which light bulbs are in the new assembly [ex: running lights, backup lights, turn signal, brake light]

Determine what is the existing [OEM] assembly [ex: running lights, backup lights, turn_signal] ... I am sure brake lights are not there.

Now establish how you would get the missing energy source. ... Closest brake light source is in the hatch door --top .. so you have to tap into that.

Fishing a wire all the way to the pillar mounted lights is going to be tedious and should be avoided if possible. If you must then use the existing flex conduits and make sure you leave enough slack in there to allow movement as the trunk opens and closes.

Salim
Old 05-23-17, 11:01 AM
salimshah

Originally Posted by vince22
using t-tap should work but overall build quality was my main reason for returning it, keeping 2013 tail lights for now.

Can you elaborate on the build quality.
Camera can not tell the details, but does the color of the plastic lens match well with the existing pillar mounted assembly.
Top to bottom sizes?
Mounting issues and alignment with the holes and after assembly do the lines match
If you ever get to the point where you can see the thing letup ,,, how it matches to the lit up pillar lamps.
Water proofing
Packaging
??

Salim
Old 05-23-17, 11:50 AM
Denzo
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I have just ordered a set of red clear. (JDM) veeeery expensive.
I hope it is worth the money.
First I wanted to order version "1" (without running light)
These were sold out and cristaleye did not want to deliver those NEW Version 2, so i ordered it from JDM http://www.japanparts.com

im interested also for Salims Questions ! please reply.. thank you

Last edited by Denzo; 05-23-17 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-23-17, 10:19 PM
vince22
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Denzo
I have just ordered a set of red clear. (JDM) veeeery expensive.
I hope it is worth the money.
First I wanted to order version "1" (without running light)
These were sold out and cristaleye did not want to deliver those NEW Version 2, so i ordered it from JDM http://www.japanparts.com

im interested also for Salims Questions ! please reply.. thank you
Japanparts.com and Crystal -Eye are just both resellers selling New Version 2 and they are made from Taiwan, I know iPhones are made in china but Apple used quality materials, you can buy exactly the same set from USA reseller for half the price ($360+tax) japanese companies are over-charging including shipping ($850 shipped to USA), these lights are not repairable IMHO, pretty close as sealed units.

Last edited by vince22; 05-24-17 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-24-17, 11:23 AM
Denzo
Driver

hi vince
I've been looking for two weeks for an USA or Chinese reseller

cannot find any Shop , trader.. in alibaba.com, or aliexpress, taiwan google etc.. thats cheaper and send to international!?
and those cristaleye with turning "running lights" are hard to find for the Moment.. later i think they are on Ebay and little Cheaper later. But i dont want to wait.

first i have tried to order at: http://www.crystal-eye.jp/shopdetail...X/page1/order/
open a new account on tenso (shipping Management), but http://www.crystal-eye.jp , They had no interest to sell.. and no help is to be expected from the shop

what i found (directly from Taiwan):
http://www.twl.tw/tw/products/?method=detail&aid=5733
~ 630.00 USD + TAX ! if someone find a cheaper trader... Please publish the link

I hope the order on Japanparts.com works and the tail lights will be delivered sometime, then i can publish a full review with install an Pictures here (
I am prepared that the Tail Light Material quality will be low)

Last edited by Denzo; 05-25-17 at 02:48 AM.
Old 06-02-17, 11:18 AM
Denzo
Driver

A short Info before installation in about one week..

-Today the package has already arrived (very fast from japan to switzerland)!
-The customs/local Post Office has cost me another 90 dollars (I thought it would be 100-150), 90 Dollars ..aniway too much for do nothing!?
-The package is very good, around each component is a foil
-On the backside of the tail lights are not sealed, electronic Parts (Housing with open holes), I hope the seal on the housing holds the rain off, I know I will seal it with hot glue!
- The lights are heavy and feel stable.

I think positively

ok... more after install.

Old 06-03-17, 02:11 PM
roy7777
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I will seal it with hot glue!
I think silicone sealant might be a better choice.
Old 06-05-17, 06:18 AM
F250
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Before you seal it, I would store it in a box with a desiccant for at least a week to remove ambient humidity. Otherwise, as temperature conditions change, you will eventually get condensation in the housing.
Old 06-05-17, 08:37 AM
salimshah

hmmm

I always thought the lens should have a seal on the top edge to prevent water entry (rain/car-wash) and must have drain. The drain is typically not a straight out (to prevent dust and insects to get in), but still have a way to drain any condensation and minute amount of water entry.

If any one wants to really seal, then make sure to seal when the humidity is very low and think about the seals around the bulbs [also bulbs may need to replaced down the road]

Salim
Old 06-05-17, 10:15 AM
Denzo
Driver

Thank you very much for the valuable information.
I will document the install well and take photos from the back of the tail lights..
Too bad that no other user writes about his install experience with those crystal tail lights V2 , Or I have not found anything

I thank you guys ..Bye for now
Old 06-10-17, 06:41 AM
Denzo
Driver

Default everything is installed

OK everything is installed

Those tail lights are really "plug n play"
No cutting of the other cables necessary
Quality is good!
The installation guide looks difficult with all this Japanese character. you could use google´s online translate App on iPhone, but it is not necessary!
(If you have installed it once you can only laugh that you have been afraid.)

Only the long cables must be pulled through the trunk lid and connected to the upper lights
Old 06-10-17, 07:02 AM
salimshah

OK everything is installed

Those tail lights are really "plug n play"
No cutting of the other cables necessary
Quality is good!
The installation guide looks difficult with all this Japanese character. you could use google´s online translate App on iPhone, but it is not necessary!
(If you have installed it once you can only laugh that you have been afraid.)

Only the long cables must be pulled through the trunk lid and connected to the upper lights
To clarify ..
Are there extra 'Brake light' in each assembly and that needs to be tapped from 3rd tail light wire?

Also if you can please review [my questions in post #17]

Salim
Old 06-10-17, 08:34 AM
Denzo
Driver

hi salim

i have some pictures and videos on my PC (but to large to upload ..., have to resize first), i have a lot to say about this mod (my english is unfortunately not the best)
break lights are in the inner and outer assembly yes, looks much better.
you have nothing to connect to the third brake light in the middle. Only one large kabel (3 or 4 Pin´s in it) from the inner Light..over the trunk.. to the outer light.
the red colour of the tail light lenses does not exact mach with the bottom mist lights in the rear bumper.. the glasses/lens i will darken with spray..

the only lamp you have to use again are the reverse light bulps, i will change it with LED´s maybe

the housing are not exact close to the caar´s body.. nobody see that.. only if you know they are aftermarket..

I can answer any further question, (In the meantime you can order the lamps without fear)

PS: I have not sealed anything! The openings are all within the isolation inside the car!, We will see it in the next rain, at the latest in the winter
The following 2 users liked this post by Denzo:
Alpy64 (06-28-17), salimshah (06-10-17)
Old 06-11-17, 03:49 AM
Denzo
Driver

Default Pictures: "Cristaleye Tail Light V2 RED CLEAR" on RX450h 2013 F-Sport

for any questions please contact me
Attached Thumbnails Crystal eye v2 tail lights-1-copy-.jpg   Crystal eye v2 tail lights-2-copy-.jpg   Crystal eye v2 tail lights-3-copy-.jpg   Crystal eye v2 tail lights-4-copy-.jpg   Crystal eye v2 tail lights-5-copy-.jpg  

Crystal eye v2 tail lights-6-copy-.jpg   Crystal eye v2 tail lights-7-copy-.jpg   Crystal eye v2 tail lights-8-copy-.jpg   Crystal eye v2 tail lights-9-copy-.jpg   Crystal eye v2 tail lights-10-copy-.jpg  

Old 06-11-17, 03:53 AM
Denzo
Driver

Attached Thumbnails Crystal eye v2 tail lights-back.jpg  

Last edited by Denzo; 06-24-17 at 04:09 AM. Reason: The finished conversion
The following 4 users liked this post by Denzo:
Alpy64 (06-28-17), apiro (01-03-19), MightyP (08-12-18), vince22 (06-11-17)

Quick Reply: Crystal eye v2 tail lights