RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2013 RX350 F-Sport Feedback from owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-14, 08:01 PM
KushinGS4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2013 RX350 F-Sport Feedback from owners

Hey guys, Just sold my 2010 ISF the other day, got a baby on the way and was thinking I would definitely benefit with more vehicle space.

Hoping some of you RX owners could advise me on what to look for and common problems with 2013 RX350 F-sport & also any positive feedback would be great as well.

I've posted the picture for the vehicle i'm looking to purchase below :

2013 rx350 f-sport white on black leather fully loaded

asking $50,889 with 46,000 kms

any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.donvalleynorthlexus.com/p...X_350/20850570

Old 09-15-14, 08:51 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Mine is not an F Sport so I won't comment on the specifics. I just wanted to say congrats on becoming a parent! It's so hard but so awesome!

We have a 3 year old daughter and a boy on the way this winter, and our RX has proven itself to be a wonderful family car.
Old 09-16-14, 03:37 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not had a single problem with mine.

Its a fantastic vehicle, mine is a daily driver and have just hit 22k miles (35k km) with no issues so you can be sure its pretty much bulletproof.

Coming from an IS-F you'll probably find it very relaxing to drive and the ride won't bother you as its less stiff in comparison.
Old 09-16-14, 05:34 AM
dwlink
Driver

For the US market, that price is definitely way too high - but it looks like you live in Canada so I really can't accurately comment on what it should be selling for.

Keep in mind that the F-Sport is 90% cosmetics - the only extra you are really getting in terms of a sportier ride is the stiffer suspension.
Old 09-16-14, 06:02 AM
Barry45RPM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dwlink
For the US market, that price is definitely way too high - but it looks like you live in Canada so I really can't accurately comment on what it should be selling for.

Keep in mind that the F-Sport is 90% cosmetics - the only extra you are really getting in terms of a sportier ride is the stiffer suspension.
...and a transmission with more forward gears.

Be aware some people find the F Sport suspension too harsh.
Old 09-16-14, 06:54 AM
KushinGS4
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all for the Reponses so far, I will be testing driving the vehicle today.
Old 09-16-14, 07:17 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Suggest you drive all three models on the same route. (Base, F-Sport, 450h) as all three are very different rides.
Old 09-16-14, 02:49 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

As a near 2-year owner, of an F-Sport from your neck of the woods, overall I've been very satisfied.

My 2-year lease comes up in November and I've ordered the NX since the RX is a tad too big for our needs as our kids have grown out of the diaper, stroller, play pen, and "bring all toys wherever you go" phase.

I also owned an 08 IS so I can relate. From a size-perspective, it's obvious day and night here with the RX far larger on the inside, let alone the cargo capacity. Also note, you can put three baby seats across the rear if you ever get to that!

The RX F-Sport's appeal is in its exclusivity (very rare) and sportier look as well as flatter cornering. Yes it is stiffer than the regular RX but you only notice on rougher roads. Though not nearly as stiff as the ISF.

Other positives include the sportier drive from the paddle shifters and 8-speed auto which I use in manual mode every time I drive the vehicle. It's certainly not as quick shifting as the ISF's but it's smoother. So if it's something you're accustomed to on your ISF, you'll surely want the F-Sport just for this. Add to that the Heads-Up Display and the driver engagement is further elevated. (However, keep in mind this is still an SUV and nowhere near the ISF from a performance standpoint)

Other nice features include the solid sounding ML sound system, Nav, power folding mirrors, memory package with easy exit, sunroof, all black interior/headliner (if that appeals to you), and so on.

Takes 87 regular gas unlike 91 of past RXs or your ISF. Real-world fuel economy to date is 13.3 L/100km. Not bad considering it's 70% city driving. This is probably better than what you're getting in the ISF.

Some negatives for the '13 RX F-Sport (Canada) include the lack of any driver aids like blind-spot monitoring and park assist though the tilt-down mirrors are nice safety feature when reversing.

Only issues I've had were a couple of minor squeaks/rattles that I got resolved and a battery that drained on me though that was my fault.

$50K is what the asking price is for a CPO F-Sport (again, the dealer has leverage due to the vehicle's exclusivity), BUT their markup is at least 10K so you have some wiggle room. I know that based on my RX's buyout versus what I see as an asking price out there in Ontario.

Any more questions, feel free to post or PM. Good luck in your decision

Last edited by corradoMR2; 09-16-14 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-17-14, 06:16 AM
KushinGS4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
As a near 2-year owner, of an F-Sport from your neck of the woods, overall I've been very satisfied.

My 2-year lease comes up in November and I've ordered the NX since the RX is a tad too big for our needs as our kids have grown out of the diaper, stroller, play pen, and "bring all toys wherever you go" phase.

I also owned an 08 IS so I can relate. From a size-perspective, it's obvious day and night here with the RX far larger on the inside, let alone the cargo capacity. Also note, you can put three baby seats across the rear if you ever get to that!

The RX F-Sport's appeal is in its exclusivity (very rare) and sportier look as well as flatter cornering. Yes it is stiffer than the regular RX but you only notice on rougher roads. Though not nearly as stiff as the ISF.

Other positives include the sportier drive from the paddle shifters and 8-speed auto which I use in manual mode every time I drive the vehicle. It's certainly not as quick shifting as the ISF's but it's smoother. So if it's something you're accustomed to on your ISF, you'll surely want the F-Sport just for this. Add to that the Heads-Up Display and the driver engagement is further elevated. (However, keep in mind this is still an SUV and nowhere near the ISF from a performance standpoint)

Other nice features include the solid sounding ML sound system, Nav, power folding mirrors, memory package with easy exit, sunroof, all black interior/headliner (if that appeals to you), and so on.

Takes 87 regular gas unlike 91 of past RXs or your ISF. Real-world fuel economy to date is 13.3 L/100km. Not bad considering it's 70% city driving. This is probably better than what you're getting in the ISF.

Some negatives for the '13 RX F-Sport (Canada) include the lack of any driver aids like blind-spot monitoring and park assist though the tilt-down mirrors are nice safety feature when reversing.

Only issues I've had were a couple of minor squeaks/rattles that I got resolved and a battery that drained on me though that was my fault.

$50K is what the asking price is for a CPO F-Sport (again, the dealer has leverage due to the vehicle's exclusivity), BUT their markup is at least 10K so you have some wiggle room. I know that based on my RX's buyout versus what I see as an asking price out there in Ontario.

Any more questions, feel free to post or PM. Good luck in your decision

Thanks for the info corradoMR2, too bad the vehicle got sold when I went to go see it after work ... I'll still be on the hunt .. test drove a 2013 Gs350 awd f-sport was nice, but trunk space was an issue .. will make a trip out this weekend and see what else I can find .. really appreciate all the information provided ... this forum is awesome