RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2014 Rx350 ?

Old 04-18-13, 09:11 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dolphin
Just like the F Sport widened the market appeal for the RX, IMO, the 3rd row seat would increase the market appeal even further. Of course, the tried and proven RX size would prob. remain unchanged as its Lexus best seller. Many people would enjoy the few extra feet of cargo, vs. the added seat capacity. I had a LC for years, removed all but 3 seats in the entire rig (one seat remained behind passenger seat), it was amazing how well this configuration served me. I often wondered why the makers have not considered removable 3rd row seats, vs. lay-flat only. More options = more buyers.
An RX in Highlander size, is still FAR from a Van....
It is true this will open up a larger market for Lexus, but hopefully they will still have the original 2 rows RX. I see this done with the Hyundai Santa Fe.

I am also very very interested in seeing how the NX will come out, and hoping that they will allow more after market stuff + upgrades, Mods to the NX. Hoping Lexus will once again lead the market into new direction.
Old 04-19-13, 11:00 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I would expect that the 2014 RX will be a mild update so it doesn't detract from the introduction of the NX. New color(s) and maybe a wider use of the 8 speed automatic. That leaves the 4th Gen intro for 2015. Based on the Highlander, expect a 3rd row availability, and a move upscale away from the NX. Engine could go to direct injection like the GS and 8 speed auto as standard. If this is the path they follow, it would lead to more luxe, better ride, and less sport. Leave the sport to NX.
Steve
Old 06-06-13, 06:46 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitigir
I have heard of the next RX350 will have the 3rd Row seats, which is plausible, since Lexus is coming out with a Smaller NX version of the SUV.

No, thank you. I love the RX350 the size it is now. Spacious Cargo space, and Spacious Passengers Space all around.

The one thing turned me away from the High Lander is it bigger, longer size, and 3rd row seats. I am sorry, but I wouldn't put a Neighbor Kid into that 3rd row Either

If I wanted a 3rd row so much, a Van would Serve me better.
I totally agree with you. If they squeeze a third row in the RX I'm done. I had a '07 HL that they put a supposed third row in. It was a total joke. 2- 5 yr olds maybe could sit back there. I never used it, except to open up for friends for a good laugh. I moved from a HL to the RX because I don't want or need a third row seat that is hard to get at and steals valuable storage. Besides if they stretch the existing RX any more it will be larger than I want. The NX is probably my next Lexus.
Old 06-06-13, 08:12 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

^^I feel the same way. There's no need for an RX school bus, LOL! The NX sounds promising and will probably be next on the list as long as it has some cool options.
Old 06-06-13, 08:19 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^ Count me in on those sentiments as well. 3rd row in a 4th gen RX and I would not even consider it. Like Anita, the NX may well be my next ride if it's got all the goodies in a smaller package.
Old 06-06-13, 08:31 AM
Dolphin
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think many car makers miss the boat here..... a few feet of additional cargo storage, with NO 3rd row seat is what many people desire. Fully agreed on the limited usefulness of most 3rd row, but the RX is a bit short on cargo space if the 2nd row is used. An extended RX (highlander size) would IMO extend the market reach of the RX.
Old 06-06-13, 09:15 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Agreed. I carry one and sometimes two Segways. It would be a whole lot easier if I didn't have to put the rear seats down to load the 2nd Segway.
Originally Posted by Dolphin
I think many car makers miss the boat here..... a few feet of additional cargo storage, with NO 3rd row seat is what many people desire. Fully agreed on the limited usefulness of most 3rd row, but the RX is a bit short on cargo space if the 2nd row is used. An extended RX (highlander size) would IMO extend the market reach of the RX.
Old 06-06-13, 10:00 AM
Dadikins
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The NX sounds promising and will probably be next on the list as long as it has some cool options.
Totally agree!

Anita, you're in tight with your SA (after all, you are a SUPER FABULOUS CUSTOMER... ) - has she heard any rumblings around the dealership about when the NX will be offered for sale, or even if it will come to the US? Can't wait to see the specs & official pics of it in November...
Old 06-06-13, 06:16 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

DanDevoe, my SA didn't mention anything last month when I was there. We were too busy talking about her wedding a few weeks earlier. I would go in and ask if the dealer wasn't so far away. Or pester my last sales guy at a closer Lexus dealer. But he left a few months ago In the meantime we can subscribe to this thread for any updates. There's bound to be some before November.
Old 06-07-13, 04:02 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

the 14 models have already come out in the UK. The F Sport models now get RED leather!!!!
Old 06-07-13, 04:58 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rayaans
the 14 models have already come out in the UK. The F Sport models now get RED leather!!!!
Pictures please....anything else changed ?
Old 06-07-13, 05:47 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Here's the current UK Lexus link http://www.lexus.co.uk/#/Introduction . Buried in there you can find 2013 model year but nothing new that I saw. The GSh test drive was a hoot to watch though . I'd like to go on one of those around here .
Old 06-07-13, 06:18 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

They are DEFINITELY the 2014 year vehicles. The brochure has changed and they are all on 13 UK plates.

Pics of the 2014 model car . Nothing else has changed. Oh and the UK site is a little outdated. Configurators still dont have the red option which is available in the brochure. Ive also attached a picture of the RX brochure which proves that this is no one off custom RX.

Last edited by rayaans; 06-07-13 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-07-13, 06:44 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome. Thanks for pictures. How is the pricing ? Is it the same still ?
Old 06-07-13, 08:30 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Pricing is still the same and red leather is a no cost option. Dealer said the 2015 model year will get the FLAXEN interior as a no cost option and said STARFIRE PEARL will no longer be available on the RX F SPORT. He said ULTRA WHITE will be the only white available on F SPORT models. He finished off by saying "expect a full redesign in JUNE 2015, so basically, 2016 model year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Rx350 ?