RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Front Bumper Popped out... HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-13, 07:44 AM
chuckGS350
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevn86
maybe someone tried to steal the bumper cover while it was parked for the night?
Same thought here.
Old 03-09-13, 01:50 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

The photo makes it appear that more than bad bumper cover clips is going on here. Other than that, the OP/owner just needs to go to the dealer and or insurance company to settle what happened and how to proceed. We can all speculate till the cows come home but we can not accurately tell what happened. He 'knows' what happened what ever that is. We 'not being there and only one photo' can not predict the outcome with any authority. Too many unknown factors + the pulled out tow plug.

Stockbabe, you were taking the car in next week for the fix discussed with Lexus. Please follow up with us.
Old 03-12-13, 11:05 AM
stockbabe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
The photo makes it appear that more than bad bumper cover clips is going on here. Other than that, the OP/owner just needs to go to the dealer and or insurance company to settle what happened and how to proceed. We can all speculate till the cows come home but we can not accurately tell what happened. He 'knows' what happened what ever that is. We 'not being there and only one photo' can not predict the outcome with any authority. Too many unknown factors + the pulled out tow plug.

Stockbabe, you were taking the car in next week for the fix discussed with Lexus. Please follow up with us.
Received the call from Lexus, they sided with the dealer. Took it to Insurance and they found not sign of "hit". So, insurance asked him to take it to collision shop. Will know more tomorrow.
Old 03-12-13, 11:07 AM
stockbabe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chuckGS350
Same thought here.
It's Michigan and a Lexus. Who knows what might have transpired. A decade back, deep scratches used to appear mysteriously in my friends Honda's & Toyota's. Thought people would have grown up .
Old 03-12-13, 12:02 PM
ecr72
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was parked in a secure garage and this happened, I could see the logic behind the issue being with the vehicle.

If the car was parked outside, I don't understand why the owner's first thought was the vehicle being defective in some way. My first thought would have been someone was trying to rip off the bumper in the middle of the night. I actually feel bad for the Lexus dealer and corporate having to deal with such an assumption by the owner.
Old 03-12-13, 02:31 PM
stockbabe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ecr72
If it was parked in a secure garage and this happened, I could see the logic behind the issue being with the vehicle.

If the car was parked outside, I don't understand why the owner's first thought was the vehicle being defective in some way. My first thought would have been someone was trying to rip off the bumper in the middle of the night. I actually feel bad for the Lexus dealer and corporate having to deal with such an assumption by the owner.
He lives in a gated community and has a 3 car garage. He had bought a Kayak recently and was in the Lexus parking spot hence the SUV was parked outside.

But the insurance company hasn't found any indication of HIT until this afternoon.
Old 03-12-13, 02:47 PM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

I believe my insurance would have covered that immediately. It looks like a hit from another car,pole, whatever.
Old 03-12-13, 03:20 PM
ecr72
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stockbabe
He lives in a gated community and has a 3 car garage. He had bought a Kayak recently and was in the Lexus parking spot hence the SUV was parked outside.

But the insurance company hasn't found any indication of HIT until this afternoon.
Gated community means nothing. Since it was parked outside, my first thought would have been it was tampered with.
Old 03-12-13, 06:03 PM
chuckGS350
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGiantsNJ
I believe my insurance would have covered that immediately. It looks like a hit from another car,pole, whatever.
Comprehensive coverage should cover it less deductible.
Old 03-12-13, 09:35 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr72
Gated community means nothing. Since it was parked outside, my first thought would have been it was tampered with.
Looking at the pic that was my initial reaction too. I also agree gated means nothing. I get into gated communities most of the time, if I'm visiting someone and don't know the access code to open the gate. Just drive behind someone who has access. I kinda find it weird someone wanted a front bumper. The tow cover shouldnt have popped out like that if the clips holding the bumper came out. Was it parked on the street in front of the house? Maybe someone or something backed into it. This is so weird.
Old 03-20-13, 12:56 PM
stockbabe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Looking at the pic that was my initial reaction too. I also agree gated means nothing. I get into gated communities most of the time, if I'm visiting someone and don't know the access code to open the gate. Just drive behind someone who has access. I kinda find it weird someone wanted a front bumper. The tow cover shouldnt have popped out like that if the clips holding the bumper came out. Was it parked on the street in front of the house? Maybe someone or something backed into it. This is so weird.
No, just a Kayak was parked in the Garage in front of this RX. The Collision shop charged $1250, insurance took care of this after his deductible.

The report from collision shop couldn't find any scratches or dents that would have caused this Bumper to Pop. I asked my friend to write to Lexus Japan, let's see what happens.
Old 07-10-21, 08:51 AM
miquoe
Driver School Candidate

Default Same thing happened to me

Hi thing same happened to me but mine was within the warranty but they refused to cover it. Are there any class action lawsuits for the sale of rx 350

Originally Posted by m1964
Honestly, it does look like an accident to me...
Old 07-10-21, 03:03 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

Not for issues with the bumper. Note that yours is the only complaint to revive this thread after 8 years. Thus, this must not occur very often and I suspect most cases involve an impact that was not known about by the owner as indicated by the thread above. People lie all the time when selling a used vehicle and CarFax does not tell you everything.
Certainly, there are not enough valid complaints for Lexus to do anything and especially on a vehicle that is now at least 6 years old.
Have you tried an insurance claim?
Old 09-28-21, 04:38 PM
miquoe
Driver School Candidate

I just bought the car also cooling system is faulty and the drivers light would not come on so it in the shop they think it’s electrical are there any recalls … I feel like I going back instead of forward
Old 09-28-21, 04:41 PM
miquoe
Driver School Candidate

Yes they did nit give me the full car fax I just found out that was in a front car accident…get the full car fax

Quick Reply: Front Bumper Popped out... HELP!!