RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 12-15-14, 03:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

TPMS reset switch - easy way to find without looking

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-17, 09:26 AM
Macabee86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS reset switch

Originally Posted by MachineMan
I found the easy way to locate and reset the TPMS (tire pressure monitor system):

Turn on ignition, place your palm face up at the bottom of the dash exactly half way between the gas and brake pedals, slide arm straight back under dash 10", press and hold button a couple seconds, orange tire pressure warning light on dash flashes 3 times to confirm recalibration (establishes new base pressure after you change your tire pressure).

Car came with 35-36 psi; reset to 32 psi cold per door sticker. Rides much smoother.

Thanks for those that helped me locate it. The manual's description is not clear on the location.

i cant locate my toms switch I looked on the driver and passenger side and it’s not there? I have a 2007 is250. I need help pls and thanks
Old 10-13-17, 09:30 AM
Macabee86
Driver School Candidate

Default TPMS switch

Originally Posted by tpyyc
I was so frustrated when I could not find the reset button despite everyone saying it's there. Finally, thanks to the post here by MachineMan I found my reset button. But I thought a visual aid may be very helpful to people still not able to find it.

here you go.

your picture is is not showing where it’s at? And I’m having the same problem and getting very frustrating. I looked and can’t find it I have a is250. I need help finding it pls and thank tou
Old 10-29-17, 08:09 AM
LouisV
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

hello everyone,

I performed the steps mentioned to reset the sensors but after doing that, I have 2 tires indicating I have an issue. Are there any other steps I can perform?

thanks
Old 11-19-17, 07:09 PM
pam1980
Driver

Default RX 450h Tire pressure

I saw the sign and had nitrogen filled when I got the tires rotated today, but the sign didn't go away. Is this something that only a Lexus or Toyota dealer can reset? Thanks
Old 11-19-17, 10:10 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

If the car is still under warranty, then I would go to the Lexus dealership.

Otherwise, any reputable capable tire shop should be able to reset it.

Another possibility is the TPMS battery is dead and will need to be replaced.

Originally Posted by pam1980
I saw the sign and had nitrogen filled when I got the tires rotated today, but the sign didn't go away. Is this something that only a Lexus or Toyota dealer can reset? Thanks
Old 12-03-17, 07:53 PM
magicgsm
2nd gear

Originally Posted by MachineMan
I found the easy way to locate and reset the TPMS (tire pressure monitor system):

Turn on ignition, place your palm face up at the bottom of the dash exactly half way between the gas and brake pedals, slide arm straight back under dash 10", press and hold button a couple seconds, orange tire pressure warning light on dash flashes 3 times to confirm recalibration (establishes new base pressure after you change your tire pressure).

Car came with 35-36 psi; reset to 32 psi cold per door sticker. Rides much smoother.

Thanks for those that helped me locate it. The manual's description is not clear on the location.
Thanks, you made my day!!!
Old 12-11-17, 10:28 AM
thurmudge
Driver School Candidate

Default tire pressure monitor light flashes and stays on

Replaaced tires. battery low on 3 of 4 tire pressure sensors. Replaced all 3. 4th was replaced when damaged on previous tire replacement 2 years ago. Tires correctly inflated including spare. Sensors all checked and working properly but light still flashes and then stays on. What do I do to fix.
Old 12-11-17, 01:18 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,095 Likes on 934 Posts

Look at posts 6, 7 and 8 of this thread. Post 8 in particular shows where to find the TPMS reset button, which you need to do to hopefully resolve your issue.
Old 12-11-17, 02:03 PM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

Originally Posted by thurmudge
Replaaced tires. battery low on 3 of 4 tire pressure sensors. Replaced all 3. 4th was replaced when damaged on previous tire replacement 2 years ago. Tires correctly inflated including spare. Sensors all checked and working properly but light still flashes and then stays on. What do I do to fix.
Is this recent .. as the weather became cooler or you have had this problem for long.

The process in a nutshell is setting up a reference.
Once the pressure drops below the ref the light should come on and all you need is air-up. Trick is finding which one (or ones) are sending the low pressure signal. Just check all.

Salim
Old 12-11-17, 02:48 PM
Gampa
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could also be the computer does not recognize the new TPMS codes. Maybe you need to reprogram all the codes. The installers should have done this... if not they need to be programmed in.
Old 12-12-17, 01:50 PM
thurmudge
Driver School Candidate

Default tpms

You mentioned in your post that The ID of a tire pressure warning valve and transmitter has not been registered in the ECU. What is the ECU?

I tried doing the reset but that didn't work. Mechanic says all sensors are good. Pressure is as prescribed. he thinks problem may be that 1 sensor brand is different that the other three and wants to replace the sensor in the 4th tire. All tires are new, 3 sensors are new.
Old 12-12-17, 11:58 PM
Robertcave
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

They need registering to the car with techstream but you will need the ID of the sensor to do this Dealer Job methinks
The following users liked this post:
thurmudge (12-13-17)
Old 12-14-17, 01:44 PM
Gampa
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tpms for Lexus in that year is a Direct system, and have individual codes. Those codes must be programmed into the ECU. You need a special tool. If you do not have one your Lexus dealer has one. He will be happy to program them in for about $70. He should also have the special tool to read the codes if you do not know them.
Check other threads for more information such as this one:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...g-light-2.html

Try calling a local tire shop and they may be able to help you for less $.

How do I know this... I have the special tool to reprogram my ECU when I swap Winter/Summer tires x2 a year.

The tool I use is ATEQ TPM Quickset. If you only need it one time, it might be less cost to have the local tire shop to do it.
The following users liked this post:
mcomer (12-15-17)
Old 12-08-18, 04:38 AM
pomdog
9th Gear

Default Tire pressure system reset

Is it possible to reset the low pressure system on my 2011 RX450h? The light stays on and it says low pressure, check tires. All of the tires are new and same exact size as previous ones.
Old 12-11-18, 12:52 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts
Default TPMS blinking light

Have no doubt this been discussed before...

Wife's 2011 RX350 tossed low pressure light about a week ago.
I drove there after work - she does night shifts - with bought along tire inflator. All tires were 23-25. Inflated them to 34, light went away.

Yesterday she mentioned that "pot with exclamation mark" came back up. I checked all tires, still holding 34. I tried to reset light - with the under the dash button - to find out that TPMS light blinks for one minute and goes solid. What, in Lexus terminology, means "there is problem with TPMS system, please, see your dealer".

She went to Discount Tire couple hours ago. All four sensors were dead. They replaced them to the tune of $349 for all four.

Quick Reply: TPMS reset switch - easy way to find without looking