RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 12-15-14, 03:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

TPMS reset switch - easy way to find without looking

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-17, 10:01 AM
danielngho
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms

Good Day All,

I would like to know, if is possible to enable TPMS on the 2013 Lexus RX450h, my car didn't came with one, but would really like to have that option enable.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks
Old 05-23-17, 07:34 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 132 Likes on 122 Posts
Default 2015 RX450h TPMS

Last week-end I installed summer tires/rim. Without doing anything Tire pressures on the dash display works?????? My understanding was to push the reset button for TPMS and
relearn the TPMS ids. I am confused now. Also if anyone uses Autel MS401 can it do the programming after scan? Or is it just TPMS scanner?
Old 05-25-17, 06:06 AM
jrfiero
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are your winter wheels/tires stored nearby?
My 2013 reads my winter tires stored in the garage and starts to complain when I'm quite a way from home.

Do you have a reset button?
i don't - I thought those went away with the 3rd gen.
Old 05-25-17, 09:22 AM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Iwhen I was swapping tires, I removed winter ones , stacked them them one by one as I install summer ones. Then I moved winter ones away to tool shed.
Yes there is reset button under the driver side dash, right behind floor illuminating light. I did not push the button yet. At least no display for TPMS warning.
I will just drive like this and when winter tires are put back will see what happens. I suspect it is still reading winter tire TPMS(?).
Old 05-25-17, 03:38 PM
tn7con
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Getting new wheels & tires w/ no TPMS sensors

I'm thinking about getting new set of wheels & tires for my 10RX but I don't care or want TPMS sensors (more trouble than it's worth) is there an option to turn off the TPMS monitoring in the car?
Old 05-26-17, 08:56 AM
salimshah

Received 992 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by TN7CON
I'm thinking about getting new set of wheels & tires for my 10RX but I don't care or want TPMS sensors (more trouble than it's worth) is there an option to turn off the TPMS monitoring in the car?
You may have a personal preference, but I humbly disagree. If I am not mistaken it is a federal requirement for the vehicles [manufactured after certain date] to have TPMS. Why and its benefits will impact this thread, so lets leave them out.

Share your trouble and lets see if we can address it.

Salim
Old 05-26-17, 09:22 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by TN7CON
I don't know how to turn them off, but during the winter months when the other rims/tires are on the car, I use electrical tape to hide the light. I'm not bypassing anything or disabling the system. I even checked with my insurance company because I get a discount for winter tires and they said if I don't want TPMS, I don't have to have them as far as they are concerned. I do however check the pressure often during the winter months. Trac control and all other functions work whether TPMS is getting a reading or not.
Old 05-26-17, 04:39 PM
Centurion
5th Gear

Originally Posted by kitlz
lexusblood, just to let you know the 3RX does not have a full spare or sensor. It's also located under the cargo floor. I believe in Europe though they get a full spare. Not sure about a sensor. The 2RX did and was outside.

ribster, TPMS is usually triggered when the pressure drops 6 PSI. It also depends on the pressure when reset. Try overinflating the tires a bit, hit the reset button, then adjust to the desired level. This way it doesn't drop dangerously low. The cold temps will definitely affect the pressure, In rare cases, the light can be caused by a bad sensor.
Very true on spare - Just bought a 2014 yesterday and during home inspection today the spare pressure was 40 (spec is 60). Not too bad for 3 years. But there was no nasty grams on the dash about spare pressure.
Old 05-31-17, 04:40 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Figured it out what's going on. Yes the car was reading winter tire TPMS stored in a tool shed in the back yard. From the front attached garage to the shed is quite a distance but I proved it by
letting air out on one winter tire which caused warning light. In a hurry I installed a copy of Techstream on my laptop and double checked it. When I drive away from the house PSI indication disappears and "Checking tire pressure" message but no warning light. When I tried to read TPMS id, with Techstream there was none. When I come home PSI readings start showing up and Techstream shows the TPMS id. I am waiting for Autel T501 to trigger and read summer tire TPMS ids. TP401 will be enough since I have Techstream now but TP501 was on sale for good price.

Last edited by Htony; 06-14-17 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-14-17, 02:32 PM
jrfiero
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just had my Tpms reset for summer tires by a local independent shop FOR FREE.
Thought I'd ask if they could do it, and the tech said "sure," pulled out a SnapOn kit and did it. I didn't have the serial numbers with me - he scanned each wheel then plugged in the scanner.
I'd recently taken two other cars there for service but today I was just driving by.

And to reiterate a 2013 RX450h does NOT have a reset button.

Jonas
Old 06-14-17, 03:02 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jrfiero
Thought I'd ask if they could do it, and the tech said "sure," pulled out a SnapOn kit and did it. I didn't have the serial numbers with me - he scanned each wheel then plugged in the scanner.
I'd recently taken two other cars there for service but today I was just driving by.

Jonas
Mine is same vehicle 2015, the switch is right behind floor light (square lens) on the right side of steering column under the dash. I never bother pushing it. I use Autel T501 which does same thing the tire shop does. Read TPMS in this order; LF > RF > RR > LR then plug in the tool using OBD II cable came with the tool. With car ignition in accessry mode,execute TPMP relearn menu. Done. Or you can use Techstream if you know the TPMS ids. Pressure reading display on dash is in the order of described above left to right..
Old 06-15-17, 12:32 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

In my area I find America's Tire very helpful. These guys will rotate, repair, air up, or whatever within reason without charge even if you did not buy the tires from them. Their goodwill had worked for me bc I bought multiple tires from these guys for the last several years. I used to get my tires from Costco or Sam's Club. But no longer. Better service and these guys will match any legit competitor's price anyway.

Originally Posted by jrfiero

Jonas
Old 08-27-17, 10:06 PM
09lives
Driver School Candidate

Default I have a RX 450h 2010 the TPMS warning light stays on

The TPMS warning light won't turn off/reset on my Lexus RX 450h (2010). I have check all 5 tires including the spare and all are at/slightly above 35 lbs. I even tried the reset button under the dash. The light flashes when I first start the car and then stays on.
Old 08-28-17, 04:30 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Seems like ur tpms battery need to be replaced.

Try that.
Old 08-28-17, 07:09 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

WHEN TIRE PRESSURE WARNING LIGHT IS LIT

(a) When the tire pressure warning light does not go off, or when it comes on during driving, check tire pressure. If the tire pressure warning light comes on after adjusting the tire pressure, the tire may have a slow air leak.

(b) The system will be disabled in the following conditions: (When the condition becomes normal, the system will work properly.)
  • The tires without tire pressure warning valve and transmitters are used.
  • The ID of a tire pressure warning valve and transmitter has not been registered in the ECU.
  • The tire pressure is abnormally high (absolute pressure: 600 kPa (6 kgf/cm 2 , 87 psi) or more; relative pressure: 500 kPa (5 kgf/cm 2 , 72.5 psi) or more).
  • The battery of the sensor has been depleted.
The following users liked this post:
Oscar58 (08-28-17)

Quick Reply: TPMS reset switch - easy way to find without looking