RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Zaino Waxes

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-11, 05:36 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Zaino Waxes

So I washed my car today and put another coat of Zaino wax on it. I can not believe how rediculously shiney it makes the paint. I put a coat on a few weeks ago when I got it and it makes the water bead like crazy. It is not really a wax but a polymer paint protection that bonds to the paint. The car looks like its wet all the time.

If you have not used this stuff and you like to detail even a little bit I can not recomend it any higher. If it is sunny tomorrow I will take some pictures.
Old 12-21-11, 06:09 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been using Zaino since I bought my RX. Great stuff, I even use the leather cleaner and conditioner. The conditioner gives the RX that new car smell. I have tried most of their products on my other vehicles and they work great.
Old 12-21-11, 06:48 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

I have the leather stuff, have not used it yet. I love the smell of the wax, sort of like fruit bubble gum. I also used the Stoners glass cleaner and the Optimum No RInse and it works very well.

It is winter here so I went to the wand wash and got most of the dirt off. Drove home and parked in garage and used Optimum and sheepskin to make sure car was clean. Dried with microfiber cloths and then put on Zaino. Waited an hour, buffed with Microfiber and put on second coat. buffed out and I swear the garage got brighter with the reflection. The ONR was awsome and no rinsing and minimum water wastage or drippings on the floor which is nice as they would freeze.

I put in on my clear bra and it works great. I had polished my car prior to installation and the color just jumps through.
Old 12-21-11, 07:26 PM
cfl350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, love the stuff. Been using it on each of my last 4 vehicles. In fact, I just bought a new batch of supplies to do the first polish of my new RX this weekend starting with z-pc.
People would be surprised and how much even a new vehicle finish can be improved with a good polishing.
Old 12-21-11, 09:19 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

I have a RO porter cable polisher and use the McGuires 105 and 205 to polish. It is stupidly simple and a trained monkey could do it without screwing it up and WOW what a difference!

Then you put on the Zaino and Kaboom: big shine.

Last edited by InRBigness; 12-21-11 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-21-11, 10:14 PM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

I am a huge fan of Meguiars car care and I have had pretty amazing results with their M105 and M205 stage 1 and stage 2 cut and polish. I have a black RX350 and the black shows swirls very easily, usually after a few washes.

I might give Zaino a try when I am finished with my Meguiars NXT since I've heard raves about the Zaino.
Old 12-22-11, 06:42 AM
Viognier
Driver School Candidate

Where do you buy the Zaino in Canada?
Old 12-22-11, 07:08 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

There is a store in Toronto that I ordered it from.

http://www.zainostore.ca/
Old 12-22-11, 05:25 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

So my 450 is done and it is still warm out, okay realatively for Winnipeg (-2C) so I thought I would do the girlfiends 2007 Edge. She is a big fan of the $5 car wash with gas. You know the one that uses brushes that are made of plastic and have cleaned the street before they get to the car wash for thier retirement.

Needless to say there were so many swirl marks you almost can not see your self. This was: wash car, clay car, cut with McGuires 105 then polish with 205 with Porter Cable RA polisher. Buff out with microfiber, then Zaino Z2 with zfx and buff with microfiber cloth. A little Zaino Z6 gloss enhancer and buff again with microfiber.

Total time from start to finish including wash with Optimum no rinse was 3 hours. You only need to cut and polish once or twice a year so next time will be under an hour.
Attached Thumbnails Zaino Waxes-patti-s-truck-1.jpg   Zaino Waxes-patti-s-truck-2.jpg  
Old 12-22-11, 07:45 PM
LXGXSAM1
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by InRBigness
So my 450 is done and it is still warm out, okay realatively for Winnipeg (-2C) so I thought I would do the girlfiends 2007 Edge. She is a big fan of the $5 car wash with gas. You know the one that uses brushes that are made of plastic and have cleaned the street before they get to the car wash for thier retirement.

Needless to say there were so many swirl marks you almost can not see your self. This was: wash car, clay car, cut with McGuires 105 then polish with 205 with Porter Cable RA polisher. Buff out with microfiber, then Zaino Z2 with zfx and buff with microfiber cloth. A little Zaino Z6 gloss enhancer and buff again with microfiber.

Total time from start to finish including wash with Optimum no rinse was 3 hours. You only need to cut and polish once or twice a year so next time will be under an hour.
InRBigbess, did you buy the OEM LED lights then replaced the stock HID lights? If you did, how much did it cost you? Thanks.
Old 12-22-11, 07:53 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

OEM lights where? I replaced all the bulbs inside the vehicle including the rear cargo area, overhead, under dash lights, door lights with LED's. I also did the puddle lights in the mirrors, the reverse lights with CREE bulbs, rear turn signals with CREE bulbs, fog lights with LED fogs from VLED. I replaced the high beams with PIAA superwhite bulbs and have LED lights for lows as standard. My brake lights were already LED.

Total including the PIAA lights that are very expensive ($120) was about $300. I would put HID lights in for highs but they work as my DRL at half power and that creates issues as HID does not work well as the DRL.
Old 12-23-11, 05:09 AM
cfl350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by InRBigness

Looking good. Shiny is addictive.
Old 12-23-11, 05:57 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've been using Zaino for over 10 years.
Great stuff.
Old 12-23-11, 10:04 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

+1 Joeb427 and others. I've been a Zaino guy since the late 90's when I switched from Zymol carnuba, to the point I bring each new car home, strip off the dealer wax and apply 3 coats of Z-5/Z-2 before the first trip around the neighborhood.
Old 12-23-11, 01:29 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Mike Phillips, formerly with Meguiar's currently with AutoGeek, said, "Find something you like and use it often".

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...use-often.html

Quick Reply: Zaino Waxes