RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

all my upgrade for my lover~~~

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-11, 09:01 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

You are one brave and handy. Congratulations for the final product.
Old 12-01-11, 09:46 AM
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank a lot man~
Originally Posted by GoHuskers
You are one brave and handy. Congratulations for the final product.
Old 12-02-11, 05:09 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Holy ****!!!! MAd respects for all the work!!! That side camera is awesome. Props for posting the pics too.
Old 12-02-11, 09:10 PM
Rookie

thanks of the replay, haha1~~
Originally Posted by happy1977
Holy ****!!!! MAd respects for all the work!!! That side camera is awesome. Props for posting the pics too.
Old 12-02-11, 09:43 PM
LXGXSAM1
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, I would like to add the Radar crusise control on mine, is it possible?
Old 12-03-11, 08:21 AM
Rookie

definitely possible, but it will cost a lot....the radar is very expensive.... for the RX350 there may be some re-wired, but I found there was already pre-wired for the steering wheel main switch.
Originally Posted by LXGXSAM1
Hi, I would like to add the Radar crusise control on mine, is it possible?
Old 12-03-11, 08:32 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

u should post a video too..but they all loo nice..
Old 12-03-11, 09:21 AM
Rookie

I wanted to post a video, but I actually do not know how to post a video.......
Originally Posted by imherenow
u should post a video too..but they all loo nice..
Old 12-03-11, 09:39 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Did I miss it or where is the HUD install?

A practical question, do you work on this stuff "live" or do you disconnect the battery? If live, is there a concern for toasting a computer(s) or are they protected with relays? If you disconnect the battery is there much reprogramming. Or does the telestream store all that?

What's your day job? Watchmaker, consumer electronics, rocket scientist? Not this kind I hope:
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/09/...hannel_pr.html
Old 12-03-11, 03:59 PM
Rookie

not need to discount the battery, but after finish the job, I use tech stream to clear the DTC code, and clear any error codes. I was not do them at once, totally cost me around 3 month to finish them all. For the HUD, I did not do it, because it is really hard to do it, if I want to do it , I have to replace a lot of parts. And the most important thing is to remove the whole dash cover........that is a tough job......

I found there is a lot of difference between HUD model and non-HUD model, like dash cover, communication wire between HUD and Navi, and so on.....

Originally Posted by DunWkg
Did I miss it or where is the HUD install?

A practical question, do you work on this stuff "live" or do you disconnect the battery? If live, is there a concern for toasting a computer(s) or are they protected with relays? If you disconnect the battery is there much reprogramming. Or does the telestream store all that?

What's your day job? Watchmaker, consumer electronics, rocket scientist? Not this kind I hope:
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/09/...hannel_pr.html
Old 12-03-11, 05:11 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Parking sensors etc

Hello 16487356

I know we have chatted about this before....It infuriates me that Lexus Canada does not allow Canadians to add options to their vehicles as the US customers can. Parking sensors are an additional $500.00 if added as an option in the USA from the factory but Lexus Canada would rather allow their dealers to charge their "guests" some $800.00 for aftermarket sensor that look like crap and work about as well after 2 years and they do not integrate with the display. I once had a conversation with someone in Lexus Can headquarters and he told me that for us to be able to do that we would need option x, y and z --and I told him point blank not to try and feed me that crap that there is little difference between a US and CAN RX350....Anyway thats my rant....but i do have a few questions for you....(1) how hard was it to figure out the locations for the parking sensors--was their location already marked on the back of the bumper?? I knew the main harness was already present because i watched carefully when I toured the Cambridge plant on the bumper installation between ones with sensors and those without --but i did notice that the main harness from the vehcile seemed to be present at the rear.
(2) Did you just have to add the right hand mirror with the camera or was there a lot of additional wiring needed? ( I don't think that camera is available with Ultra Prem 1 for 2012 but I stand to be corrected) (3) was the mirror switch with the auto folding buttons the only part necessary to make the mirrors fold?? I am asking these questions as I wait for the specs to be released for the refresh for 2013 that I hope will include a heated steering wheel but at this time I do not know for certain--if not there will be no 2013 for me. Currently I have a 2010 Ultra Prem (made in Japan - which would be a 2) but there was only 1 Ultra for 2010 --partly because of my complaining about the inclusion of the rear DVD they added the Ultra Prem 1 --made in Canada for 2011 and 12. (4) Is there a reason that the guidelines are not offered in North American on the rear camera display?? --again Lexus is asleep at the switch - Nissan Murano has it as does Lincoln and those 2 both have heated steering wheels and are about $20K less expensive. It seems to take Lexus a long time to add items that other manufacturers have had for ages....GM had parking sensors way back in 2002 and even in 2004 they were not available from the factory on an RX!! Hmmm, is there a reason sales are down??

Would you happen to know if the power folding mirrors can be added to an IS350 convertible?? That option is not available in North America but I recall you have connections to China..

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Old 12-04-11, 01:34 PM
Rookie

thanks for the replay. Generally, most feature can be added. For the RX, no matter is produced in US or in Canada, or in Japan, the basic things are the same, so adding factory feature(I mean the features, that will appear on the top package) is just a wiring and electronic problem. To adding them we need consider 3 ares: 1. ECU program(does this ECU have this feature or does this ECU designed for this feature), 2. wiring diagram and ECU pin definition(means, if you want this ECU or this feature working, then you have to give this ECU what it is want, like power, communication signal, speed signal, steering signal, and so on. After all the conditions were given to the ECU then this feature will works) 3. Parts(Find the right parts). For your questions: 1. There has the location on the back on the bumper. And no matter what kind of package does your car has, parking sensor will always prewired(if the top package one have it). For me, I drugged the sensor wholes without disassembly the bumper, but after i take off the bumper I found that the wholes I drugged is exactly at the same location, only a little little little bit different with the marked location on the back of bumper, so that is not a problem. And like you said, I told you before, you do not need to wiring anything, only need to buy the part and connect them, totally will cost you 1 hour.
2. I bought the whole outside mirror assembly include right and left, totally cost 1200, and the left one came with power folding, the right one came with power folding and camera. For the switch, there are two parts number for the switch for RX, one with "auto and power folding", the other one does not have. The auto folding is controlled by the LH and RH mirror control ECU, it just the one on you car now, so you do not need to replace it because this is only one part number the this ECU, so every RX will comes with it and the auto folding was already programed in this ECU, the only reason it is not working is because you do not have the power folding outside mirror and the switch, so just simple put them on, then the auto power folding will works.
3. Auto power folding is a factory programed in the mirror control ECU, I have answered in question2. Do not consider the package,it is just a describe for you car, like I told you, the standard car can be upgrade to the top package car by ourselves, but some features are really hard to added, like Rear sit DVD, HUD, pre-crashed system, and so on, because this kind of features needs to add a lot parts, a lot wires, disassembly a lot of thing, and cost a lot of time and money.
4. For the guidence line, it was decided by LEXUS company depends on a lot of elements, but we can still add them because a lot of person did that in China, the only reason I did not add it is because I bought the wrong ECU(but this ECU is the right one in NA, I should bought the one in China or in Europe), and if I have the ECU with guidance line feature, I will just simply replace the present ECU, and do some easy setting, but I do not want spend that extra money because my purpose is to my make my car be the same as the Ultra-premuim 1 package(Canada). For LEXUS in NA, only LS comes with the guidance line, but for IS ES GS RX GX LX CT HS, it can be special ordered because saw some CT and GS came with guidance line in NA.

For the heated steering wheel, it is up to the LEXUS company, but we can move this feature from LS, GX or LX. I have looked up the LS GX LX electronic wiring diagram, this feature is very simple, just a switch, some wires, a small ECU and a heated steering wheel.

Additional info: My friends want to send me a newest Parking assist ECU, this ECU have a lot features, and it is the newest ECU of TOYOTA. This ECU can be added 4 cameras, 8 parking sensor, guidance line for each camera, auto parking feature. He wants me help him test this ECU because he is so busy.
Originally Posted by dentate
Hello 16487356

I know we have chatted about this before....It infuriates me that Lexus Canada does not allow Canadians to add options to their vehicles as the US customers can. Parking sensors are an additional $500.00 if added as an option in the USA from the factory but Lexus Canada would rather allow their dealers to charge their "guests" some $800.00 for aftermarket sensor that look like crap and work about as well after 2 years and they do not integrate with the display. I once had a conversation with someone in Lexus Can headquarters and he told me that for us to be able to do that we would need option x, y and z --and I told him point blank not to try and feed me that crap that there is little difference between a US and CAN RX350....Anyway thats my rant....but i do have a few questions for you....(1) how hard was it to figure out the locations for the parking sensors--was their location already marked on the back of the bumper?? I knew the main harness was already present because i watched carefully when I toured the Cambridge plant on the bumper installation between ones with sensors and those without --but i did notice that the main harness from the vehcile seemed to be present at the rear.
(2) Did you just have to add the right hand mirror with the camera or was there a lot of additional wiring needed? ( I don't think that camera is available with Ultra Prem 1 for 2012 but I stand to be corrected) (3) was the mirror switch with the auto folding buttons the only part necessary to make the mirrors fold?? I am asking these questions as I wait for the specs to be released for the refresh for 2013 that I hope will include a heated steering wheel but at this time I do not know for certain--if not there will be no 2013 for me. Currently I have a 2010 Ultra Prem (made in Japan - which would be a 2) but there was only 1 Ultra for 2010 --partly because of my complaining about the inclusion of the rear DVD they added the Ultra Prem 1 --made in Canada for 2011 and 12. (4) Is there a reason that the guidelines are not offered in North American on the rear camera display?? --again Lexus is asleep at the switch - Nissan Murano has it as does Lincoln and those 2 both have heated steering wheels and are about $20K less expensive. It seems to take Lexus a long time to add items that other manufacturers have had for ages....GM had parking sensors way back in 2002 and even in 2004 they were not available from the factory on an RX!! Hmmm, is there a reason sales are down??

Would you happen to know if the power folding mirrors can be added to an IS350 convertible?? That option is not available in North America but I recall you have connections to China..

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Old 12-04-11, 01:39 PM
Rookie

If you want to add the parking sensors, I can help you, and I also have a parking sensor ECU on my hand disassembled from mine. If you are car is black or white or some common color, you easily buy them second hand from Ebay for a very cheaper price.
Hello 16487356

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Old 12-04-11, 01:50 PM
Rookie

sorry, forgot to answer the IS mirror question to you. The answer is definitely yes, it is a option in China and other countries. You need to buy two power folding mirrors, and a switch, and I have looked up the TIS for pars number, there is only one part number for the mirror control ECU for IS converitable, so it should equipped with auto folding(only from 2010 model)
Hello 16487356

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Old 12-04-11, 01:59 PM
Rookie

here is awesome example. It was finished by a very famous Chinese TOYOTA engineer. He added navigation(also change it to Chinese), front camera and side camera for a standard LX570.
Attached Thumbnails all my upgrade for my lover~~~-20100927_fc8819c7e7e81064d904uwc1il74lk5x.jpg   all my upgrade for my lover~~~-20100927_3a99a863a17a491c4bb5zncrpby2d5ti.jpg   all my upgrade for my lover~~~-20100927_3fc0c648c932bd9b7dd4cwtee4hre1ke.jpg   all my upgrade for my lover~~~-20100927_4362a86552e02eb5a7d8coag950ojthf.jpg   all my upgrade for my lover~~~-20100927_6268701a6741822355b4x3u4wsd9u4v2.jpg  

Quick Reply: all my upgrade for my lover~~~