RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Squeaks & rattles

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-10, 05:43 PM
BCRCornet
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ... In Which Car?

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
Wow, you guys who call the build quality **** on the RX should check out the MDX.

No squeaks or rattles here, build 1/10. Very solid car in nearly every respect.
Clarify, please: I assume your last sentence refers to the RX? Or the MDX?
Old 10-05-10, 05:45 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BCRCornet
Clarify, please: I assume your last sentence refers to the RX? Or the MDX?
My second sentence was in reference to our RX. My first sentence was meant to infer that the MDX is inferior in interior quality to the RX.
Old 10-05-10, 05:49 PM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default Clarification

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
My second sentence was in reference to our RX. My first sentence was meant to infer that the MDX is inferior in interior quality to the RX.
Thanks for the clarification!
Old 10-05-10, 05:51 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe these sqeaks and rattles are part of "breaking in" the RX. Kind of like a house that still settling?
Old 10-27-10, 05:40 PM
seaglass
Driver School Candidate

just bought 2010 rx in blk sapphire, noise when foot on brake or changing from park to reverse, sounds like pads rubbing againest rotors, has 48 miles on it, they said it is normal, never even took on faster hwy yet, they did however offer to take it back and refund all, mechanic said it may go away since rust develops on rotors from sitting, only have 24 hrs to keep or return for full refund, any advise??? only had it 3 days so far,just do not feel paying for a new car that claims luxury abounds and have to hear that grinding noise. no other probs so far, thought i did my research in choosing this over ml350 mercedes.

Last edited by seaglass; 10-27-10 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-27-10, 05:43 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dump it

sell it back quick
Old 10-27-10, 06:24 PM
seaglass
Driver School Candidate

thnx for advise, may I ask is it from experience that you think give it back?, I was impressed they offered full refund for not being happy with vehicle, never owned Lexus, have an infiniti 2001 q45t that is still a looker but 104k miles,never had so many miles on a car,it prompted me to buy, but still keeping the q, it never had a problem of any kind.
Old 10-27-10, 06:28 PM
seaglass
Driver School Candidate

never owned a Lexus, is there more surprizes with the rx350 forthcoming?
Old 10-27-10, 06:36 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My take

You dealer will have a number of the same color and configuration RXs. If you are having a problem with one and they will take it back I would return it now. If you still want an RX then you will find the same car with a different VIN available and hopefully without any delivery problems.

It is not uncommon for the North American build quality to vary car to car. Toyota does not seem have the same overall vehicle to vehicle quality as they do for the Japanese manufacturing lines. I have a Canadian build which is the poorest quality of any of my 5 Lexus products. Trust your initial option and limit your losses.

Just my take.
Old 10-27-10, 06:57 PM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

have dealer verify this tsb isn't needed https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...sb-0074-09.pdf
Old 10-27-10, 07:59 PM
seaglass
Driver School Candidate

thnx , clock is ticking, must make choice to keep or abort in am, will ask, the dealer and service have been very kind, to offer refund? never heard of that with out penalty.please may I ask is there any other surprizes over time to expect from this rx? I wanted the blk sapphire since everyone has the white or blk in my area and they went out of way to locate for me, gave me a fab deal fully loaded with all bells and whistles.
Old 10-27-10, 08:05 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
As a potential RX 450h purchaser in the next year or so the number of owners complaining of noises is very worrisome to me. It is the main problem that drives me crazy with cars, I am very sensitive to interior rattles and squeaks, they drive me mad.
Benny, my RX450h is a year old, no rattles or squeaks. That kind of stuff drives me nuts too.
Old 10-27-10, 08:33 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

if they are offering you a refund, then you should take it because you will always have that nagging feeling in the back of your mind that you are driving a defective product. Lexus has always been first in customer service and will do anything to make it right*

*may vary from dealer to dealer
Old 10-27-10, 08:43 PM
seaglass
Driver School Candidate

thanks to all who have tried to help me, never been on a forum before, you have all been very generous with your knowledge of this rx..thank you again......crossed fingers and kept it, love the black interior with the black sapphire, no more probs with noise, they said it should go away with use. so far so good.

Last edited by seaglass; 10-31-10 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-01-10, 05:27 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DunWkg
Benny, my RX450h is a year old, no rattles or squeaks. That kind of stuff drives me nuts too.
Thanks David for responding. It is good to hear some positive feedback on this issue.

Quick Reply: Squeaks & rattles