ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015-212/)
-   -   Squeaks & rattles (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015/526586-squeaks-and-rattles.html)

stw2046 09-22-10 01:27 PM

Squeaks & rattles

I HAVE TOO MUCH OF THEM. I HAVE THEM COMING FROM THE CENTER CONSOLE CUPHOLDERS (EVEN AFTER I TOOK OUT THE DIVIDERS), THE TONNEAU COVER BAR, A BUZZ FROM THE DRIVER'S SEATBELT HEIGHT ADJUSTER AREA...ETC...

ANY OF YOU SUFFERING TOO?:sad:

Joeb427 09-22-10 01:52 PM

So far so good for me.
Though,winter cold will bring on some creaks and rattles.

RXSF 09-22-10 02:04 PM

there should not be anything coming from the center console nor the seat belt height adjuster. However, the tonneau cover is known for this, and has been a problem since the first RX in 1999. I removed mine in both of my cars, useless anyways.

as for the seatbelt adjuster, see if it is coming from the window seal. that is the most probable area. Does it only happen at higher speeds? if so, its most likely the seal.

iewiew 09-24-10 06:41 AM

Yep, the RX is squeeker and rattler. Shame on Lexus.

oldcajun 09-24-10 11:40 AM

I've had mine since November and the only rattle was from the part of the luggage cover that attaches to the hatch. I removed it and have had no other problems. My RX was built in Japan and that may be why no squeaks or rattles.

Steve

garfull 09-24-10 11:45 AM

yeah the rx is not up to lexus quality standards.
here is my list:
rear shocks (still not repaired, Lexus needs to hurry up and come up with a fix this)
tonneau cover (fixed once with felt tape, 80% better)
rear hatch (new rear seal, have not heard it yet, but i need to be in the back seat to hear and confirm its gone)
rear seat (two visits later and its fixed, was loose tracks)
passenger seat (replaced seat.

Joeb427 09-24-10 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by garfull (Post 5813688)
yeah the rx is not up to lexus quality standards.
here is my list:
rear shocks (still not repaired, Lexus needs to hurry up and come up with a fix this)
tonneau cover (fixed once with felt tape, 80% better)
rear hatch (new rear seal, have not heard it yet, but i need to be in the back seat to hear and confirm its gone)
rear seat (two visits later and its fixed, was loose tracks)
passenger seat (replaced seat.

Wow!
Sounds like an early build model.
Late builds are improved but from what I've read not perfect.
My 3/10 build has been pretty solid with no problems......yet.
I did take out the cargo cover from day one as I never used it on my last RX nor will I in the '10.

sightdev 09-24-10 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by stw2046 (Post 5808542)
I HAVE TOO MUCH OF THEM. I HAVE THEM COMING FROM THE CENTER CONSOLE CUPHOLDERS (EVEN AFTER I TOOK OUT THE DIVIDERS), THE TONNEAU COVER BAR, A BUZZ FROM THE DRIVER'S SEATBELT HEIGHT ADJUSTER AREA...ETC...

ANY OF YOU SUFFERING TOO?:sad:

did you purchase new? except for tonneau cover noise, there should not be any other noise/rattle. except for occational bodyflex noise on bumpy surface, i rarely ever notice any noise in normal driving/surface.

TorontoIS 09-25-10 08:31 AM

As a potential RX 450h purchaser in the next year or so the number of owners complaining of noises is very worrisome to me. It is the main problem that drives me crazy with cars, I am very sensitive to interior rattles and squeaks, they drive me mad.

stw2046 09-28-10 06:05 PM

Yes i did purhase new and it rattles too much. It drives me crazy!

MEP7557 09-28-10 07:32 PM

I do not have any squeaks or rattles in my RX. I have no problem with the tonneau cover. I do get the flexing noise first thing in the AM, it does it once when I back out of the driveway, I believe that is due to the uni-body construction. Build date is 04/2010.

w4rjd 09-28-10 07:53 PM

May be a nice driving Mommy car but it does rattle. Really hate paying $50K for Toyota / Canadian build rattles. Overall quality is only fair.

klopez3709 09-29-10 04:26 PM

No rattles or any other strange noises. Build is June 2010.

jskennedy 10-05-10 04:54 PM

i had rattles from rear cargo cover, so removed it

had rattles coming from window trim of doors, lexus replaced seat belt components on B-piller, but that didn't help, resolved problem w/ felt stickers from walmart https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...esolution.html

have rattles from cup holder when cups are in it, tried felt stickers w/o success

have rattles coming from oh-**** grips on both sides, tried felt stickers w/o success

have rattles coming from behind center console, this is the most annoying one

had rattles from roof liner next to sunroof just behind my head, went to dealer who said they couldn't reproduce issue, but haven't heard noise since dealer visit

lexus only tries to resolve issues they can reproduce, & none of my rattles are constant

disappointed owner :(

GoodRevs 10-05-10 05:28 PM

Wow, you guys who call the build quality **** on the RX should check out the MDX.

No squeaks or rattles here, build 1/10. Very solid car in nearly every respect.