RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2011 RX Luxury Package / Sport Package Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-10, 06:59 AM
MCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 RX Luxury Package / Sport Package Question

Hello, first post here. Considering a 2011 RX350. I have a question about the luxury package and the sport package. I see that power folding mirrors are only available as part of the luxury package and that the chrome wheels are only part of the sport package. Is it possible to get both the luxury package and the sport package and if not any way to get the power folding exterior mirrors and the chrome wheels? Thanks!
Old 09-22-10, 07:16 AM
JoyceLe83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MCF
Hello, first post here. Considering a 2011 RX350. I have a question about the luxury package and the sport package. I see that power folding mirrors are only available as part of the luxury package and that the chrome wheels are only part of the sport package. Is it possible to get both the luxury package and the sport package and if not any way to get the power folding exterior mirrors and the chrome wheels? Thanks!
Hello,

Hope my answer will help you. I myself will be getting the luxury package this sat. More like picking the car up this sat. There is no way you can get both the luxury package and sport package as one. But if you want the chrome wheels with the folding mirrior I don't see why you can't put the chrome wheels over with the package that has folding mirriors. Try to negotiate it into your deal.
Old 09-22-10, 07:17 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Anything is possible with $$$. You could get the Luxury package which would include the auto-folding mirrors, and order the "chrome" wheels normally supplied with the Sport package, separately. It won't be cheap though; if you're patient enough, you could wait until some of these show up on Ebay, and they will eventually...
Old 09-22-10, 08:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny
Anything is possible with $$$. You could get the Luxury package which would include the auto-folding mirrors, and order the "chrome" wheels normally supplied with the Sport package, separately. It won't be cheap though; if you're patient enough, you could wait until some of these show up on Ebay, and they will eventually...
agreed. wait for chrome wheels from take-offs is pretty much best bet
Old 09-22-10, 09:22 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Luxury Package with the Chrome Rims. The dealer took them off another car and put them on mine for $1250. I also made sure I got the Michelins too.
The Chromes look sharp and I really do enjoy the power folding mirrors, especially in parking lots. It's also a good way of verifying the car is locked.

Good Luck.
Old 09-22-10, 10:15 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

must be nice I asked if the RX450h that I order did not come in with Michelins on it and if they had a 450 there at that time that did could they be put on my new car. I was told that they did not change wheels or tires out what ever it came with was they way it would go out. Thank that it sucks that you still can not order a car that is being made for you with the tires that you want it to have.
Old 09-22-10, 11:03 AM
MCF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MEP7557
I have the Luxury Package with the Chrome Rims. The dealer took them off another car and put them on mine for $1250. I also made sure I got the Michelins too.
The Chromes look sharp and I really do enjoy the power folding mirrors, especially in parking lots. It's also a good way of verifying the car is locked.

Good Luck.
Well, I would definetely try this, but like others said majority of dealers refuse to take items off one new car and put them on another new car...if it's on the lot 99.9% of the time it is as it is....this is unfortunate as the folding mirrors really should be a standard feature on just abuot every car made, especially mid size and full size SUV's and chrome wheels should be a stand alone option these days.
Old 09-22-10, 11:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by billy44bo
must be nice I asked if the RX450h that I order did not come in with Michelins on it and if they had a 450 there at that time that did could they be put on my new car. I was told that they did not change wheels or tires out what ever it came with was they way it would go out. Thank that it sucks that you still can not order a car that is being made for you with the tires that you want it to have.
i have to say it's most definitely about what the dealership is willing to do for you rather than they can/can't do
Old 09-22-10, 11:40 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

the superchrome/graphite finish that lexus does is certainly nice, it was the reason why I got the performance package on my 2gen RX. I wish they did it with all their models.
Old 09-22-10, 12:08 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have seen a wheel exchange set up on e-bay. They send you the Chrome Plated wheels and you send back your wheels. They include shipping both ways. You would have to have the tires and pressure sensors changed over, I personally would only trust Lexus to do the swap as they work with these all day. I have had some bad experiences at the tire shops.
Old 09-22-10, 12:11 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i have to say it's most definitely about what the dealership is willing to do for you rather than they can/can't do
Agreed Henry, mine did it - told them the car was not leaving their lot without them, and the papers had already been signed. They whined, tried to charge me for it, but I dug my heels in. A half-hour later, the job was done!

Originally Posted by MEP7557
I have seen a wheel exchange set up on e-bay. They send you the Chrome Plated wheels and you send back your wheels. They include shipping both ways. You would have to have the tires and pressure sensors changed over, I personally would only trust Lexus to do the swap as they work with these all day. I have had some bad experiences at the tire shops.
Yes, but that's for real chrome. The OP wants the graphite Sport wheels and they are painted!
Old 09-22-10, 12:40 PM
MCF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Johnny
Agreed Henry, mine did it - told them the car was not leaving their lot without them, and the papers had already been signed. They whined, tried to charge me for it, but I dug my heels in. A half-hour later, the job was done!

Yes, but that's for real chrome. The OP wants the graphite Sport wheels and they are painted!
I believe the 19" wheels that come with the sport package are chrome, not painted.
Old 09-22-10, 01:30 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I dont know what process they use to make the graphite finish, but at least on my 04 RX with this type of chrome, its this black metal underneath. I have really bad curb rash on one of my rims and after being scraped a few times, it reveals a black material.
Old 09-22-10, 03:30 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

The superchrome rims are definitely darker so being painted black underneath makes sense like RXSF said. I liked the look on my 330 with the performance package, even more on the 450h with the sport package. It is definitely not your typical chrome finish.