RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

How do you guys like your current RX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-10, 06:18 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts
Default How do you guys like your current RX?

Hi,

I'm new here and have been lurking and reading up on posts for a while as I'm thinking of getting a new RX. For all you guys that has own the new RX for a the past year or so and put a few miles on it, how's the long term rigidity of the car? Does the structure feel loose? Does the interior trim (headliners, seats and etc) start making noises and feel and sound lose? When you go over rough roads does the floorpan "wiggle?" Let's just say the ES350 I currently have isnt the most well built car ever. Thanks.
Old 07-21-10, 06:24 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Have a '10 RX late build and love it.Only 4 months but not one issue so far.
The ride is smoother and quieter than the last generation RX we had.
Love the comfort,ride,quiet and feel of the '10.No creaks or rattles at this point.
Old 07-21-10, 07:45 AM
makalan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a "10 RX sport package. I like it so far but there is 2 thing annoying me is there is no cig lighter in front for my radar detector, and the A/C button is hidden in NAV manu.
Old 07-21-10, 07:52 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by makalan
Have a "10 RX sport package. I like it so far but there is 2 thing annoying me is there is no cig lighter in front for my radar detector, and the A/C button is hidden in NAV manu.
I just go with settings of 70 and 72 passenger side and use the 'auto' mode.
Old 07-21-10, 08:17 AM
situman
Pole Position

Do you guys feel the car shudders over big/small bumps? Or the floorpan vibrating?
Old 07-21-10, 09:34 AM
makalan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I just go with settings of 70 and 72 passenger side and use the 'auto' mode.
can you explain alittle better the theory behind it? how is that affect the air conditioning from switch on/off?

Originally Posted by situman
Do you guys feel the car shudders over big/small bumps? Or the floorpan vibrating?
Nop, I dont feel any rattle or any vibration.
Old 07-21-10, 09:39 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

can you explain alittle better the theory behind it? how is that affect the air conditioning from switch on/off?
No matter what the temp is outside,the 'auto' selections keeps the interior close to the set temps regardless if you need heat in winter or A/C in warm weather.I never fuss with heat or A/C buttons.
However,when you need defrosting,you have to go to defrost and then back to 'auto'.
I've used that setting with many vehicles with climate control over the years.
Old 07-21-10, 11:20 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

I leave the A/C on 365 days a year. Keeps moisture out of the car at all times. It may suck more gas to do that, but it beats having to turn it on/off all the time. I don't think AUTO turns the A/C on or off automatically, which seems ruhtarded to me.

FYI, we have all four seasons where I live, so even in January, the A/C is on, just set to 73 or whatever.

****the above statements are related to my 2008 GS...which I assume also apply to the way the RX is set up.
Old 07-21-10, 12:22 PM
situman
Pole Position

Speaking of which, does the dashboard creak a little over bumps? Is it considered normal or is it chasis flex?
Old 07-21-10, 12:30 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't buy a Canadian built one. The quality level is sub par to other Lexus models. The car has rattles, paint problems and other short comings for an expensive 'SUV.'
Old 07-21-10, 12:36 PM
euroja153
Driver

Speaking of which, does the dashboard creak a little over bumps? Is it considered normal or is it chasis flex?
I have this, more noticable during winter. Not sure what it is, the dealer says they cant hear it, what else would you expect from them?
Old 07-21-10, 12:36 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by w4rjd
Don't buy a Canadian built one. The quality level is sub par to other Lexus models. The car has rattles, paint problems and other short comings for an expensive 'SUV.'
Mine is fine....so far as was my '09.
Both made in Canada.Though,my '10 is a late build which may not have the issues of the early builds..
Old 07-21-10, 01:57 PM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

.... Does the interior trim (headliners, seats and etc) start making noises and feel and sound lose?

yes

the more i drive my rx the more it brings out new rattles, very annoying

rattles arise from cargo area cover, interior trim on front windows, headliner just behind sunroof on driver's side, oh-$h1t grips (unsure of technical name, it's the handles over the doors), behind center dash, & my latest is from the passenger door @ the bottom of the glass

everyone said lexus was as quiet as a vault, wish it were true
Old 07-21-10, 02:00 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jskennedy
yes

the more i drive my rx the more it brings out new rattles, very annoying

rattles arise from cargo area cover, interior trim on front windows, headliner just behind sunroof on driver's side, oh-$h1t grips (unsure of technical name, it's the handles over the doors), behind center dash, & my latest is from the passenger door @ the bottom of the glass

everyone said lexus was as quiet as a vault, wish it were true
So far,so good but I haven't had it in winter weather yet.
That's when more creaks and rattles may appear.
My '09 was very solid.
Old 07-21-10, 02:16 PM
zak21
Driver School Candidate

Nop, I dont feel any rattle or any vibration.
Regarding the AC, the RX and most other lexus models use a very sophisticated and efficient compressor that uses variable displacement (instead of cycling on/off) to control the amount of output needed from 0 to 100%.

http://www.globaldensoproducts.com/c...ompressor.html

That's why the AC on/off control is hidden because 99% of the time you don't need it. Just set it to auto and off you go.

Also our RX350 is an early build with 13K on it now and there is very little noises from the interior. The rear cargo cover squeaks a bit and I am considering spraying some silicone on the contact points to see if that helps. If not it will be sitting in the garage.

Quick Reply: How do you guys like your current RX?