RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Loose Front Bumper From Canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-09, 04:59 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

this is not good.
Old 07-11-09, 05:49 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by afpj
Doggonit, you guys made us look. Our Japan made 10RX350 has the 1/4 inch separation of the passenger side only. Push it in, and it comes back out after driving for a little. Driver's side looks OK. Man, ignorance really is bliss.
afpj, thanks for pics.

I was complaining this since Day 1, but because mine isn't that bad, I don't really try hard to look for solutions. That's why I said I have the similar issue when this thread started.

Here are my pics...

Attached Thumbnails Loose Front Bumper From Canada-p1100726-1.jpg   Loose Front Bumper From Canada-p1100727-1.jpg   Loose Front Bumper From Canada-p1100729-1.jpg  
Old 07-11-09, 11:09 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

if both the canadian and japan rx have this problem, then there's something seriously wrong with the design process. did lexus engineers overlooked the need to have clips for the front bumpers?!?!
Old 07-12-09, 07:36 AM
craysv1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those photos confirm the same issue I'm having.
Old 07-12-09, 09:20 AM
LexFather

It almost seems like something is not connected or it keeps popping out slightly.
Old 07-12-09, 11:12 AM
RXSF

makes you wonder if that discovery channel video really tells the story...
Old 07-12-09, 12:00 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
makes you wonder if that discovery channel video really tells the story...
That's my point, too. Well, it seems RX350 from Canada or Japan could all have this type of issues. It could be the common issue, and the inspection teams in both of sites are all aware of this, their instructions tell them to ignore it...

No wonder why Lexus satisfaction and quality are going down and we can see Hyundai is going up.

I don't think mine is early-built, but this could be part of early-built issues. Wish Lexus could fix it soon from their factories.
Old 07-12-09, 12:51 PM
RXSF

well, the other thing is that the lexus assembly line only checks for visual problems. and maybe their simple road test for each vehicle doesnt cause the bumper to come off. This might be a pot hole issue or something, which they cannot control on the assembly line. Im sure if more people are reporting this to their dealer, they will fix the clips that are holding the bumper in place
Old 07-12-09, 01:24 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

don't you wonder if someone from Lexus monitors these websites to see how to handle the "pursuit of perfection"
Old 07-12-09, 03:04 PM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Everyone with this issue needs to call Lexus Consumer Affairs. Dealers generally don't do squat to repair these types of problems. Customers need to call Lexus directly and communicate their dissatisfaction. Enough people do it, they issue a fix.
Old 07-12-09, 04:43 PM
Miralex
Driver School Candidate

Picked up my Canadian RX 350 this week. I noticed the chrome trim strip on the bottom of the side windows did not flow smoothly from front to rear door - there was a good half inch step. I grabbed the rear window strip and it came right out. Will be fixed at the 30 day visit - but disappointing for a Lexus. Between that and a half inch paint imperfection (which in fairness could be transit/dealership damage), two initial defects already.
Old 07-12-09, 05:39 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Miralex
Picked up my Canadian RX 350 this week. I noticed the chrome trim strip on the bottom of the side windows did not flow smoothly from front to rear door - there was a good half inch step. I grabbed the rear window strip and it came right out. Will be fixed at the 30 day visit - but disappointing for a Lexus. Between that and a half inch paint imperfection (which in fairness could be transit/dealership damage), two initial defects already.
Welcome to the borad.

Unfortunately your car has issues like those. Maybe you can show us some pics here. Thanks.

Some of my RX's chrome parts are loose, too, which are supposed to adhere well to the window frames or front grill/HIDs. I'll try to take a few pics tomorrow.
Old 07-12-09, 11:16 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by tazdevl
Everyone with this issue needs to call Lexus Consumer Affairs. Dealers generally don't do squat to repair these types of problems. Customers need to call Lexus directly and communicate their dissatisfaction. Enough people do it, they issue a fix.
+1, agreed. you guys with defects, time to talk softly, but carry a big stick!
Old 07-14-09, 07:09 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

so i went by my dealership again (for the umpteenth time). i checked out the showroom RX350 - yup, the gap is evident (and only because i knew what to look for). i showed my salesman this, and he was surprised about this. it is very evident that there's a QC problem here; fyi, this RX350 is made in japan (not cambridge).

i also checked out the RX450h, and i have mixed feelings. if you want to be really **** about this whole gap thing, it's also evident as well but extremely minute. probably a few strands of hair stacked on top of each other minute. for most people (ignorance is bliss), they will not notice this at all. even looking at it in person, i had to spend a good 5 minutes looking at the left and right headlight/bumper edge to see if there were any differences. the 450h is put together much better, and any gap seen is probably within manufacturing tolerances (i assume). because hybrids go through a much more stringent QC procedure, it is probably the reason why there is no reported cases of gaps (yet). those of you who have the 450h, i wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited by Stormforge; 07-14-09 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-14-09, 07:35 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
so i went by my dealership again (for the umpteenth time). i checked out the showroom RX350 - yup, the gap is evident (and only because i knew what to look for). i showed my salesman this, and he was surprised about this. it is very evident that there's a QC problem here; fyi, this RX350 is made in japan (not cambridge).

i also checked out the RX450h, and i have mixed feelings. if you want to be really **** about this whole gap thing, it's also evident as well but extremely minute. probably a few strands of hair stacked on top of each other minute. for most people (ignorance is bliss), they will not notice this at all. even looking at it in person, i had to spend a good 5 minutes looking at the left and right headlight/bumper edge to see if there were any differences. the 450h is put together much better, and any gap seen is probably within manufacturing tolerances (i assume). because hybrids go through a much more stringent QC procedure, it is probably the reason why there is no reported cases of gaps (yet). those of you who have the 450h, i wouldn't worry about it.
Even on the Japan models, I think the 450h is made in a plant that only produces Hybrids if I read a previous string correctly. That may be a difference.

Quick Reply: Loose Front Bumper From Canada