RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

non ML stereo quality?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-13, 01:51 PM
Packrat1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I am not sure, but I think also the key to the good subwoofer sound is that it is inputed directly into the Kenwood DNX890HD via the subwoofer input on the deck. I don't think the sound would be as good if I still had my factory Sound System and just had wired it in without adding an Ipod interface.

Last edited by Packrat1; 11-23-13 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 11-23-13, 02:27 PM
Packrat1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as getting a good subwoofer sound on a 2008 RX350 with Premium sound while keeping with the factory stereo I would highly recommend installing at least the following.

Parrot Bluetooth Kit PAR3100 and usa spec USA PA15TOY (Ipod interface cord for toyota/lexus) They both installed perfectly and would be a great upgrade with a powered subwoofer. I think that running the sound via the USA Spec cord/charger and using Itunes or Pandora, Iheart radio you will notice a great improvement in sound. It runs off the CD changer disc #7 if I am not mistaken.
Old 04-22-14, 07:29 AM
Eliaquim
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RX330iPad
Just dynamat the doors, change out all the speakers, throw a 12 inch sub in the back, add 2 amplifiers and then custom build the double din kit for the iPad Mini and win. Easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgYhhy1jdvQ
Hello!
i am adding two amps as you suggest here, but I am having a small setback. Can you tell me if there is a crossover between the front door speakers and the dash speakers? Because they seem to be fed by the same wires from the stock amp. I planned to feed them with different frequencies.

Thank you!
Old 04-22-14, 10:29 AM
RX330iPad
Rookie

Originally Posted by Eliaquim
Hello!
i am adding two amps as you suggest here, but I am having a small setback. Can you tell me if there is a crossover between the front door speakers and the dash speakers? Because they seem to be fed by the same wires from the stock amp. I planned to feed them with different frequencies.

Thank you!
See if this answers it:
Old 04-23-14, 02:38 AM
Eliaquim
Driver

Originally Posted by RX330iPad
Thanks! It was a good video.

However, it did not answer my question. In the video, they say there are 4 woofers and 2 tweeters only. I have 2 more speakers near the windshield. Do those speakers handle frequencies from 80hrz and up so that I can feed them the same frequencies as the door speakers? Or should I cut the wires and feed them separately? Or maibe feed all from 100 and increase the cut off point for the subwoofer? Any help apreciated.
Old 12-19-15, 12:26 PM
Lexcel
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spacecraft
That's exactly my point.
You didn't actually name a better system, but rather a more silent car (both for the LS and the A8).
Btw, I know perfectly the A8 system, and while I agree that the final result is pretty good for in-car music listening, I don't think it's really better than the ML on our RX, if you would listen to it while parked.
In other words, most of the final result does NOT actually depend on the components quality, and improving them is in most cases just a waste of money and time.
Even in a concert hall, you couldn't enjoy a proper listening if anyone around you would chat loudly...
Honestly just about every car I've had has had a better stock stereo compared to Lexus. I've owned two RX series, and both stereos were woefully inadequate. Even the 'upgraded' stereo head unit from Lexus was weak. Weak bass and just muted mids & highs to be quite honest. I agree with some other posts here that Lexus should be beefing up the stock stereo on these high end vehicles, its ridiculous quite frankly. They could learn alot from Honda and some other auto makers.
Old 12-19-15, 04:53 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexcel
Honestly just about every car I've had has had a better stock stereo compared to Lexus. I've owned two RX series, and both stereos were woefully inadequate. Even the 'upgraded' stereo head unit from Lexus was weak. Weak bass and just muted mids & highs to be quite honest. I agree with some other posts here that Lexus should be beefing up the stock stereo on these high end vehicles, its ridiculous quite frankly. They could learn alot from Honda and some other auto makers.
FWIW, I went through the process of testing the frequency response in my RX350. I used a test dvd and an Audyssey mike. The results were quite good and flat across a 30-20k spectrum. Unless you are a boom and thump lover the system pretty accurately reproduces what is recorded.