RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Can't open trunk door on my 2004 RX330

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-13, 12:59 PM
Lashante
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't open trunk door on my 2004 RX330

Hi guys,

My problem is that I can't open trunk door on my 2004 RX330, it is impossible with key, auto button from inside and also from outside. I did it only manually from inside trunk and after than I find out that
auto button responsible for closing trunk door also not working.

Any helpful ideas will be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
Old 06-26-13, 04:26 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Lashante
Hi guys,

My problem is that I can't open trunk door on my 2004 RX330, it is impossible with key, auto button from inside and also from outside. I did it only manually from inside trunk and after than I find out that
auto button responsible for closing trunk door also not working.

Any helpful ideas will be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
You might try manually opening and closing the door from the outside. Then try the key fob or interior button. This seems to correct the occasional failure in my RX330.

You might also have a blown fuse.
Old 06-27-13, 02:43 AM
Lashante
Driver School Candidate

unfortunately it is impossible to open it manually from outside, interior button and key also not working
Old 06-27-13, 04:16 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

unfortunately it is impossible to open it manually from outside, interior button and key also not working
You didnt engage the power door lock by chance?

Do I understand you correctly, you can't release the latch with the back door opener located under the chrome lip on the rear door? Two things from the manual jump out t me in your case. I've bolded them below.

Per the manual: KEYS AND DOORS tab pgs 34 & 35
To open the back door, push up the back door opener and raise the door. If the back door will not open even pushing the back door opener, push it again.
When opening the back door, make sure that the back door will not come down by itself.
The back door can be opened when the vehicle is stopped.

The back door can be locked or unlocked in the following ways.
• Operate the power door lock switch. (See “Side doors” on page 29.)

• Operate the wireless remote control. (See “Wireless remote control” on page 20.)
• All the side doors and back door are locked and unlocked simultaneously with the driver’s door. (See “Side doors” on page 29.)

If the battery is disconnected or run down, the back door will be automatically locked after you reconnect, replace or recharge the battery. Be careful not to lock your keys in the vehicle.
See “Stowage precautions” on page 545 for precautions when loading luggage.

When closing the back door, use the inside handle for easier reach to the back door.
To close the back door, lower it and press down on it. After closing the back door, try pulling it up to make sure it is securely closed.
Old 06-27-13, 06:37 AM
Lashante
Driver School Candidate

So I tried with key, interior button and from outside under the Lexus emblem. It only opened inside the trunk, after that close button on trunk door also not working. I replaced assy junction block which is under driver side rear seat but it stil not working, there is no problem with blown fuse too.
Old 06-27-13, 06:53 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

So I tried with key, interior button and from outside under the Lexus emblem. It only opened inside the trunk, after that close button on trunk door also not working. I replaced assy junction block which is under driver side rear seat but it stil not working, there is no problem with blown fuse too.
Would check to see if you are getting power to the motor for the hatch release and work your way from there. From the looks of that junction block you replaced you might have other problems along that line to include other burned out components and wires.