RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Positive for a Change

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-08, 01:32 PM
Junkxus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Positive for a Change

Thanks all for putting up with my constant crying about Lexus. You all allowed me to vent, that was great. After taking some time to think things over, I have concluded that no other manufacturer, Benz included would have done and continue to provide support to a customer as Lexus has done for me. They have been very supportive and responsive to me regarding the issues with my RXs and after thinking things through their customer support is the best. I am sure if my other cars had issues of this magnitude and quantity (they have not) the manufactures would have walked away. Any comments on a GX, as they would like me to try one. Maybe I can be a happy Lexus owner after all.
Old 06-14-08, 02:04 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 106 Likes on 72 Posts

Junk, are you wanting an SUV because you need one or because they seem to be "hot" type of vehicle to own today ? The reason I am asking is that SUV's are bigger, heavier, less agile and more gas thirsty than a regular passenger car. I have dogs, fish, hunt, need light hauling for my yard, e.g., as pine bark,mulch, small shrubs/trees, etc. Also need the room to carry 3 or 4 people and their golf clubs. Use AWD for Arkansas and Colorado winters. I choose the Lexus brand as I am getting older and I like the reliability that Lexus vehicles have given me in the past and also love the luxury that comes with the Lexus brand. I considered the GX but I don't need that big a vehicle to accomplish what I have all ready mentioned. Even the LX is too much. Like it or not with the price of gas going up and you will never see $3 gas again, I have to consider gas mileage. I am very pleased with my RX giving me 26 mpg on the highway at Interstate speed limits. The GX is very nice, but it will cost you a lot more to drive it than the smaller RX. If you can afford it, go for it. You have never seen a armored truck driving behind a hearse as you can't take it with you.
Old 06-14-08, 02:20 PM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought maybe at one time JunkXus was kicking himself for not waiting on the 2010 RX (Not sure I would want the first year of any car redesign though). It sounds like Lexus will continue to at least try to get a very dissatisfied customer "taken care of".

We all need a car we can depend on and enjoy. So we should never give up getting our cars to perform as we expect them to. Other posters have mentioned that Lexus and no other car makers are 100%perfect. So as long as Lexus continues to listen and work towards a solution I would stick with Lexus. When Lexus turns a deaf ear it is time, past time, to move on.

If you do move on I as others want to know what is found that takes the place of the Lexus. It would be a car to consider for my next purchase if it meets or exceeds your expectations.

For now the RX350 performs as expected for me. I have not measured the noise level in the cabin of the RX350 so I can not complain about that downside that JunkXus has experienced. Again when Lexus stepped up and replaced JunkXus RX350 number one that was great customer service news to me. Perhaps Lexus will be open to replacing JunkXus 2nd RX350 with a 2010 model. It seems that might work if JunkXus could wait for that model year.

Last edited by SCRXOwner; 06-14-08 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-14-08, 02:50 PM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

You may be getting in deeper water with a vehicle which is more pricy. I would suggest look at need and don't be steered into something you dont need. If RX is the vehicle that suits your needs, then work with Lexus to get the wrinkles out. If even a perfect RX (if that exists) will not work out for you, then punt on Lexus. Market is full of alternatives. Unfortunatley, the whole experience may end up costing you but at the end it has to be the "peace of mind".

Salim
Old 06-14-08, 03:38 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Please Do Not Get Another Lexus--please Move On, Please
Old 06-14-08, 03:40 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

OMFG---

THE BENZ WILL BE A PERFECT FIT FOR YOU --TRUST US We will follow all your stories on the Benz forum--By..By

Last edited by Booyah; 06-14-08 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-14-08, 05:26 PM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the latest JD Power Quality Surveys first before buying an MB. They are pretty good but certain models are not where they should be
Old 06-14-08, 06:24 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Nah...MB are great! I love them..lol
Old 06-16-08, 07:21 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Junkxus, I just traded in my GX470 4 months ago and I had a RX as well. The GX is a great car, great in the snow and the ride is super smooth. Very quiet on the highway and built to the highest quality. I had the GX for 3 years and not one single rattle or squeek from the chassis and not one single mechanical problem. The GX470 is one solid trunk, but keep in mind that it is a trunk with a solid rear axle and the ride is different from the RX.
The draw back to the GX470 were poor gas mileage, poor handling when driving above 75 MPH or in high wind, no HID headlights offered, the trunk is too high and the passenger seat is not comfortable for long ride, needs more adjustments.
Old 06-22-08, 12:21 AM
d6500k
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Junkxus, I don't think Lexus will work for you after reading all your posts.

Try something else, try the Audi Q7 or the Porsche Cayenne if you want to go german.

If you want to stay with japanese, why not try the MDX or the FX?

Some brand and some people never get along. It's like with people.
Old 06-22-08, 12:35 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by d6500k
Junkxus, I don't think Lexus will work for you after reading all your posts.

Try something else, try the Audi Q7 or the Porsche Cayenne if you want to go german.

If you want to stay with japanese, why not try the MDX or the FX?

Some brand and some people never get along. It's like with people.
lol..talk about complaining, let him get ahold of an Audi or Cayenne...the Audi/Cayenne forum boards will be on fire
Old 06-23-08, 10:17 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

People who drive german cars have a love hate relationship with their car. I actually read one guy in Edmunds who owned a Audi A6 said " I had my Audi now for 4 months and its been the best car I have ever owned, its been pretty much problem free except for having to replace the push button starter relay 3 times in the 1st 3 months"

Old 06-23-08, 10:56 AM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

German/euro manufacturers have established "performance, safety and elite" status. So as long as the combination of those three is more than "over all reliability" and "value for money (counter to elite status)" the German/euro cars will have the venerable status.

Note: I am not claiming that German/Euro cars have made no attempt to improve reliability. At the same time Lexus has not reached 100% in reliability .. reason to start the thread.

Salim
Old 06-23-08, 03:01 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 06 BMW 550 and am about to get out of it. You want to talk about a nightmare that cost me 71k? The I Drive computer has had 6 software updates with each one taking 2 days to program it and then you have to worry about the random computer crashes and reboots which shuts down the radio and bluetooth. The Tranny shifts like a go cart and the run flat tires make the car ride worse than my 911 CS. The engine sounds like a disel and the AC sucks in the summer. That was my 3rd and last BMW. My cousin bought the 07 BWM 750il and he cant wait to get rid of his car for a LS460. Service at any BMW dealership totally blows and they never give you a loaner car. Good luck going German unless its Porsche which has been one of my most reliable cars to date. I am so happy to be back with Lexus. I do have the Mercedes GL 320cdi on order just because I do like have a diesel engine as a choice in a full size SUV. Before any of you start in about how high diesel fuels are check this site out and compare two vehicles the same make and model one with gas and one with diesel and the diesel is comparable to a Hybrid in efficiency.

www.fueleconomy.gov
Old 06-23-08, 10:54 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tony
I have a 06 BMW 550 and am about to get out of it. You want to talk about a nightmare that cost me 71k? The I Drive computer has had 6 software updates with each one taking 2 days to program it and then you have to worry about the random computer crashes and reboots which shuts down the radio and bluetooth. The Tranny shifts like a go cart and the run flat tires make the car ride worse than my 911 CS. The engine sounds like a disel and the AC sucks in the summer. That was my 3rd and last BMW. My cousin bought the 07 BWM 750il and he cant wait to get rid of his car for a LS460. Service at any BMW dealership totally blows and they never give you a loaner car. Good luck going German unless its Porsche which has been one of my most reliable cars to date. I am so happy to be back with Lexus. I do have the Mercedes GL 320cdi on order just because I do like have a diesel engine as a choice in a full size SUV. Before any of you start in about how high diesel fuels are check this site out and compare two vehicles the same make and model one with gas and one with diesel and the diesel is comparable to a Hybrid in efficiency.

www.fueleconomy.gov
Wow thats crazy Tony!

My wife has been wanting a 335IX ever since they have come out--I think its a matter of time befer she gets one, I just hope its troubel free--well almost

Quick Reply: Positive for a Change