RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Vaistech SLI installation instructions w/ pics for 04-07 RX

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-07, 09:34 PM
PDXRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished installing my Vaistech SLI unit today; it's in an RX350 with Nav (non-ML). So far I'm very happy with the results. The display on the NAV screen works well (in CD-MP3 mode). The sound quality is very good - no interference, whine, or hum.

LexusLover's instructions were fantastic and made the job very easy. Thanks for the great write up and photos!

kb.
Old 01-14-07, 06:37 PM
bnmintx
Driver School Candidate

Default Feedback Needed: SLI with RX-350 and ML

I'm getting ready to purchase and install an SLI in my RX-350 with the Mark Levinson (ML) audio system.

I'm hoping that someone on this forum can help me resolve a concern that I have. ScareyH22A posted that he ran into issues with whinning noise and ground noise on two seperate units when installing in an RX-350 with the ML system.

Has anyone installed the Vaistech SLI in an RX-350 with the Mark Levinson system with no noise issues.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
Old 01-19-07, 06:55 PM
DocTDC
Driver School Candidate

Default none here

Originally Posted by bnmintx
I'm getting ready to purchase and install an SLI in my RX-350 with the Mark Levinson (ML) audio system.

I'm hoping that someone on this forum can help me resolve a concern that I have. ScareyH22A posted that he ran into issues with whinning noise and ground noise on two seperate units when installing in an RX-350 with the ML system.

Has anyone installed the Vaistech SLI in an RX-350 with the Mark Levinson system with no noise issues.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

We have a 2007 RX350 w/nav, Mark Levinson and Rear DVD. Installed SLI about a month ago, no whinning or background noise what-so-ever. Perfectly clear.

DocTDC
Old 02-24-07, 06:01 PM
stanford88
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your reply. I had the same question!
Old 02-28-07, 05:10 AM
R3Wood
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome Instructions!

Will this work with the SoundLinQ (SLS) - Auxiliary Input Adapter with an SIRIUS Satellite Radio Interface? I only ask since there is a "Head Unit" connection.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 02-28-07, 05:31 AM
Ken's_RX
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I followed these directions (and they were a GREAT help). The install is pretty easy. Just be careful not to drop the 10mm radio bolts - that was the only scarey part. I used some duct tape rolled into a ball and stuck it into the end of the socket to hold the bolt as I removed it in case it hit something that would knock it out of the socket on the way out (or in). You could also use a magnetized socket (if you have one).

The time consuming part is just in routing the sirius antenna cable to the radio - not hard to do, it just takes time.

The SLS works fine (v4.36), and integrates very nicely into the nav system - no issues at all.

-Ken
Old 03-07-07, 07:29 AM
userdmx
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone had this done professionally...just trying to get an idea of the cost . I am in the chicago area thanks
Old 03-07-07, 09:05 PM
userdmx
Driver School Candidate

399 installed is that a fair price?
Old 06-22-07, 02:04 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here I go bringing up old threads again.

EXCELLENT DIY guide, thank you. A couple of years ago I did a very similar how-to on installing a nav deck in a GM truck/SUV. Yours was much better!

I'm 99% sure I'm going to proceed with this one. My only real concern is elegantly routing the iPod cable - there doesn't seem to be a good way to do this without taking drastic measures. Nonetheless, the product seems terrific and is just what I'm after.

A few questions that can hopefully be answered by fellow Gen5 nav users...

1. Any text issues?

2. Is the 'legal eagle' screen auto-bypassed after five seconds?

3. I don't foresee needing the aux input and have read on the VAIS forums that the SL2i offers better sound quality. Has anyone compared, or are there any SL2i customers that can offer feedback to this and the other two questions?

Thanks in advance...
Old 07-03-07, 11:56 AM
bstinton
Driver School Candidate

Smile Vaistech SLI Install Thank You

Thank you for the excellent instructions for installation. They were flawless. I did carlessly drop one of the bolts when I was putting things back together. I could see it on the bottom of the console unit and I was able to fish it out with a stick with tape on the end.

I kept the bolts from falling in when removing by folding a sheet of paper a few times and rolling it to create a trough around the bolt when removing it. The trough also helped to guide the ratchet end onto the bolt.

Thanks again, I never would have figured it out on my own.
Old 07-03-07, 01:38 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Any chance you're running the SL2i and can take a crack at my questions above?

I'm this close to pulling the trigger anyway (I'm on a heck of a spending spree this week!) but it'd be great to know for sure.
Old 07-03-07, 01:52 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

you are very welcome, glad to be able to help.

Vroom - regarding your questions... i don't have Gen 5 nav but i helped my cousin install the SLI on her 07 ES350 w/ Gen 5 and it works just fine. i think the only diff is you use MD emulation.

the i agree is fully functional, although i should warn you that the SLI is just doing a "ghost press" of the lower right corner, rather than actually saying I Agree. what this means is if your passenger or you inadvertently press I Agree before the 5 seconds are up, then the ghost press will press that lower corner and zoom out for you at the 5 sec mark.

i don't know much about the SLI2, but i can say that i have never used the Aux input at all on my SLI, so if i had the choice i would opt for the smaller and cheaper SLI2. but i also have the RSES so i have extra integrated AUX inputs in the back if i really need it.

hope that helps happy 4th of july everyone!
Old 07-03-07, 03:19 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

It does help - thank you! And thanks again for the how-to. Now, let's talk...I know my wife is going to want one for her '07 ES, so when will your how-to for that rig be published?

I think this thing is going to be purchased, and while I'm waiting for it I'll see if I can find an elegant way to route the cable into the center console. I did this on my Yukon and liked the solution - the entire setup was invisible to prying eyes.
Old 07-05-07, 03:17 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

hehehe i used the DIY posted by dreyfus in the ES forum to help my cousin:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234398

very good instructions. the scariest part is the removal of the vents - that part was really nerve wracking. it's similar to installing the SLI in the GS. the center stack is one unit so it's not as "easy" as the RX where you just pull out the radio assembly. plus the center stack is extremely heavy so you have to take extra care not to scratch things up.

yeah it would be nice to have an easy way to route electronics into the RX's center console. i usually have mine retracted all the way back though to make room for my purse on the floor down there, so i just hide my ipod under the floormat if i'm getting out. i thought of putting in glovebox, but i dont' want to reach over the connect/disconnect from that far away... what can i say, i'm lazy!
Old 07-05-07, 04:01 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Thank you for the link! I'm still scanning the area every time I get in the car, hoping some inspiration will come my way.

By the way - at some point it'd be great to talk Audi. I gave up my A4 Avant when buying the RX. While the RX is awesome and is the right vehicle for my needs....I miss my little red sled.

[/hijack]

Quick Reply: Vaistech SLI installation instructions w/ pics for 04-07 RX