RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Question about features on RX 350

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-06, 07:37 AM
bigsmooth4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about features on RX 350

Hi. I'm in the market for a new RX 350. 2 Dallas area dealers are telling me that the Mark Levinson audio system is only available on a separate package that includes rear seat DVD. According to the Lexus website, the 6,090 luxury package includes ML audio, however when you go to build/price the vehicle, ML is not listed as one of the options in the package, but neither is rear seat DVD. What is the correct feature for the package below? I want ML audio, but I don't want to spend another $4000 for it on top of the $6000 for the package below!

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Package - Luxury Value Edition - $6,190 [2]

- Leather-trimmed interior
- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- Lexus Memory System to control power driver’s seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
- Illuminated entry system
- Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling
- Roof rails/roof rack
- Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System [4] with backup camera [5] and Bluetooth® technology [6]
- Mark Levinson® [7] 11-speaker 210-watt [8] Premium Audio System with in-dash, single-feed, six-disc DVD/CD auto-changer featuring DVD-audio and DVD-video playback
(Total MSRP value of options $7,090 [2])

Thanks!
Old 07-18-06, 11:42 AM
jamesfabin
Driver

Default Packages

You can get the vehicle without the rear DVD Nav (My Lexus dealer actually had to hunt to find one WITH it for me a few weeks ago). The one problem I ran into with the Lexus vehicles is that they tend to send certain configurations to certain areas. It could be that the majority of the RXs in your area/region all are packaged with the rear DVD. I tried so hard to find one that had the air suspension, but it appeared they were all on the East coast.

Once I connected up with Westminster Lexus (Orange California) they did a search and brought in an RX that had all the features (except the air suspension & Laser Cruise) that I wanted. I ended up with a totally loaded RX350 AWD (Nav, Rear DVD, Chrome Wheels, Sirius, Tow Prep w/ Hitch, etc.). I'm still waiting for the Sirius to be installed and it's been ROUGH going three weeks without it, but it should be in this month according to the dealer. If it wasn't for this dealer finding exactly what I wanted (Sirius, Nav, Rear DVD, Chrome Wheels, matching the interior and exterior colors, etc.) I wouldn't have purchased Lexus. See if your dealer can do a search - if not, give Lexus a call and have their consumer affairs do a search (I used them numerous times in my quest for the Air Suspension and Laser Cruise).

Good Luck!
James
Old 07-18-06, 12:38 PM
Lexibabe
Driver School Candidate

I'm in the DFW area also. I'm wanting a Bamboo w/ light gray interior, performance package w/ heated seats AND made in Japan. Was going to negoitate price via internet. Do you think it will be harder to get the price I want when specifying that it come from Japan and get the colors I want? Or should I try for the right price then specify that it come from Japan? Thoughts???? Just wondering since certain areas get different packages.
Old 07-19-06, 02:59 PM
jamesfabin
Driver

Default Negotiating

I would recommend negotiating on the options you want, then specify the color and origin for them to locate that vehicle. The Internet manager can search the regional inventory to find the vehilce once you've set the price. I went thru CarTV.com and had an outstanding experience (and I'm not just plugging it because I work there).

James