RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

RX300 Front Passenger Window - switch or motor?

Old 12-19-16, 11:14 AM
titang9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well! I also need these relays. Any luck?

Is this legit?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CR2-...3-383e6a0323fd

Last edited by titang9; 12-19-16 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-22-16, 07:54 PM
Steeprock
Driver School Candidate

Default Nothing on my end. They always say their stock is bad and refund me.

Nothing on my end. Had no luck with aliexpress
Originally Posted by titang9
Well! I also need these relays. Any luck?

Is this legit?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CR2-...3-383e6a0323fd
Old 12-26-16, 09:36 AM
bhenuset
Driver School Candidate

I found these on ebay for $60 ea...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-El...JYKplU&vxp=mtr
Old 12-29-16, 10:49 AM
Steeprock
Driver School Candidate

Well I am going to try it seeing that this is the best I've seen!
Old 01-08-17, 07:29 PM
Steeprock
Driver School Candidate

I got the relay on Saturday and installed it. It was a pain getting the solder off. I had a desoldering wick but it would not "soak" the last amount of the solder up. I ended up pushing on the pins (two at a time) with the soldering iron and prying with a small prying "fork". Took a good hour. After I got the old one out I had to melt the solder and stick an ice-pick like tool through the hole on all seven holes so I could get the pins back through. The video on you tube mentioned a bad desoldering wick and he went and got some better stuff; maybe the stuff I had wasn't too great either. Oh, I had one of those devices to suck the solder off too and it worked okay on one pin; not so well on the rest. It might be my poor skills with soldering or my poor quality kit.

If anyone runs onto a cheaper option I wouldn't mind getting 3 more.

Oh and forgot to say the window worked (for now)!
Old 01-08-17, 09:29 PM
salimshah

Received 991 Likes on 896 Posts

Seldering and desoldering is a skill which you develop with time and having good equipment helps a lot. Right soldering iron (wattage and temp control), proper tip, and desoldering wick + suction pump can make the whole job easy. Glad it worked out for you and the traces on the board did not get lifted.

Salim
Old 01-09-17, 06:28 PM
Steeprock
Driver School Candidate

When you say traces do you mean the copper conductors running through the board? I had a good selection of tips. Soldering was literally 100 times easier than desoldering; almost looked as good as it was before I touched it. Maybe the flux on the desoldering wick had dried up; it seemed that it just didn't want to "suck" the solder onto the wick. For my 2nd solder job I would rather not work on a project that is a possible $800.00 boo boo. I am going to buy some 0.6 mm solder and try my hand at fixing the unlock button on the key fob.
Old 03-23-17, 12:48 PM
millerfdy
Driver School Candidate

2000 RX300 - Any thoughts on this?? Window initially would need to go all the way down before I could return it to the up/closed position. Then, it went down, and will not return up. Same clicking noise from FP switch and MS. Replaced motor. Only goes down. Figured it was the either the MS or the FP switch so I replaced them both. Same result. Called Lexus, suggested I "re-initiate" using the MS by holding the front passenger window toggle down for 3 sec, and then up for 3 secs. Same result of clicking and an no action. I don't believe it's the motor or the switches at this point. Any other thoughts or help is appreciated greatly.

Last edited by millerfdy; 03-23-17 at 12:49 PM. Reason: added info
Old 03-23-17, 01:37 PM
millerfdy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rodney79
Quick Update - the problem is in the switch on the passenger door. I have tried to re-flow all the solder joints to the connector pins on the circuit board, but that did not correct the problem. I have found, however, that if I disconnect the passenger side controller, I am able to operate the window from the driver's side master switch, so at least I can raise and lower the window. If I keep the passenger side controller connected, I cannot operate the window from either side. I'm going to give the circuit board one last look and try a few more solder joints before I break down and buy a replacement controller/switch assembly.
2000 RX300 - Any thoughts on this?? Window initially would need to go all the way down before I could return it to the up/closed position. Then, it went down, and will not return up. Same clicking noise from FP switch and MS. Replaced motor. Only goes down. Figured it was the either the MS or the FP switch so I replaced them both. Same result. Called Lexus, suggested I "re-initiate" using the MS by holding the front passenger window toggle down for 3 sec, and then up for 3 secs. Same result of clicking and an no action. I don't believe it's the motor or the switches at this point. Any other thoughts or help is appreciated greatly.
Old 03-25-17, 05:42 AM
millerfdy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GaryGriggs
My problem was the relay was sticking. I smacked the relay with my finger and the window UP switch worked immediately. So I was sure it was the relay. While I was in there I pulled the white plastic pins out of the Auto mode as I hate that the auto mode is too sensitive.
So now I can tap up and down they never go auto on me.

I got my relays from the USA in 3 days.
I tried mouser and digi-key and they are out of stock since 2010.
The guy at one of them gave me the number to Lakeland Logistics in NJ.
They had about 550 of them on the floor. Only problem is a $50.00 minimum order. So I bought 6. One for each window and 2 extra to sell. My total was $55.00 and I ordered Monday and they arrived Thursday.
I soldered one into the right front door and problem fixed immediately.
You can contact
Steve at Lakeland Logistics, Inc 300 Fifth St • Belvidere, NJ 07823 (P) (908)475-8282
The part number is CR2-12v
If you only want 1 or 2 I have two to sell to recoup some of the $50 minimum. I will sell one or 2 for $15.00 each + postage. Free postage for 2 and you dont have to wait 4-6 weeks for Aliexpress.
PS, there are panasonic parts.

Do you have them still?
Old 05-23-17, 10:10 AM
lech222
Driver School Candidate

Smile

I made an account just so I could reply and thank you all for you help! I had the exact same problem as OP (window would not roll up all the way, switch did weird stuff) and eventually the window just got stuck down. Took out the switch - the thing with the circuit board in it - following the instructions that were linked n this thread. Connected the drivers side board to the passenger wires and got the window rolled up! I've never done any sort of fixing on my car before so I was thrilled that it worked. Easy to do and a must try before you spend $ taking your car somewhere!
Old 05-23-17, 04:33 PM
Brcobrem
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Steeprock
I got the relay on Saturday and installed it. It was a pain getting the solder off. I had a desoldering wick but it would not "soak" the last amount of the solder up. I ended up pushing on the pins (two at a time) with the soldering iron and prying with a small prying "fork". Took a good hour. After I got the old one out I had to melt the solder and stick an ice-pick like tool through the hole on all seven holes so I could get the pins back through. The video on you tube mentioned a bad desoldering wick and he went and got some better stuff; maybe the stuff I had wasn't too great either. Oh, I had one of those devices to suck the solder off too and it worked okay on one pin; not so well on the rest. It might be my poor skills with soldering or my poor quality kit.
If anyone runs onto a cheaper option I wouldn't mind getting 3 more.
Oh and forgot to say the window worked (for now)!
A "desoldering iron" works well for this job. I used one just like this:
"ECG J-045-DS Electric Corded De-Soldering Iron, +420 Degree C Tip Temperature, 45W"
https://www.amazon.com/ECG-J-045-DS-Electric-Soldering-Temperature/dp/B00068IJSG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1495581462&sr=8-3&keywords=desoldering+iron https://www.amazon.com/ECG-J-045-DS-Electric-Soldering-Temperature/dp/B00068IJSG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1495581462&sr=8-3&keywords=desoldering+iron
Piece of cake and you get nice clean holes too.
Hope that helps.

Regards . . .
The following users liked this post:
steelgtr (08-07-17)
Old 08-07-17, 05:28 PM
steelgtr
Pit Crew

Thumbs up It Worked!!

Originally Posted by yuyangbit
I may have a similar problem : the rear driver side window stuck with noise when the main switch or door switch was pressed. In the end, I fixed the problem by :
" Close the door loudly while pressing the switch" as I searched.
Then the door switch worked fine since then.
My 0.02
OMG! This worked !!! Calling the dealer to cancel appt!!
Old 08-09-17, 07:07 AM
steelgtr
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by GaryGriggs
My problem was the relay was sticking. I smacked the relay with my finger and the window UP switch worked immediately. So I was sure it was the relay. While I was in there I pulled the white plastic pins out of the Auto mode as I hate that the auto mode is too sensitive.
So now I can tap up and down they never go auto on me.

I got my relays from the USA in 3 days.
I tried mouser and digi-key and they are out of stock since 2010.
The guy at one of them gave me the number to Lakeland Logistics in NJ.
They had about 550 of them on the floor. Only problem is a $50.00 minimum order. So I bought 6. One for each window and 2 extra to sell. My total was $55.00 and I ordered Monday and they arrived Thursday.
I soldered one into the right front door and problem fixed immediately.
You can contact
Steve at Lakeland Logistics, Inc 300 Fifth St • Belvidere, NJ 07823 (P) (908)475-8282
The part number is CR2-12v
If you only want 1 or 2 I have two to sell to recoup some of the $50 minimum. I will sell one or 2 for $15.00 each + postage. Free postage for 2 and you dont have to wait 4-6 weeks for Aliexpress.
PS, there are panasonic parts.

Do you still have any spares? Lakeland is out.

thx

bob
Old 08-09-17, 07:56 AM
steelgtr
Pit Crew

Is there a good source for the relays anymore?

thx

bob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RX300 Front Passenger Window - switch or motor?