RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Tornado

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-02, 06:52 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tornado

ok ok ok... this sounds silly and dumb and your asking DOES IT WORK?

its that good old www.Tornadoair.com

that little metal piece that goes into your intake and creates air in a way that you should get more...

I think its very stupid and does not work... but i'm kind of being a beliver...

My buddy just recently borrowed one from his buddy and instaled it in his 91 bmw... and he sais it PULLS. Its more torqueEEE and it keeps going. It keeps pulling and pulling... Maybe its because his car is older... i dunno but ihave to check out his car when he gets back next week... i wanna see if it really works...

He drives up to school alot and his car had a mpg meter... he improved and gained more then normal... i'm impressed and i didn't belive him much but i'm starting to become a believer...

my other buddy was sitting in his car and as a passenger he felt some improvements also... Its oemthing i'm thinking of considering now... I'm not sure tho but check it out guys...
Old 10-29-02, 10:00 PM
shmelvin
Driver School Candidate

Default BS

The physics make no sense...This is snake oil, don't waste your money. Buy something practical....A "Flowbee" for instance.
Old 10-29-02, 11:50 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tornado? I heard it does make a great french fry cutter.
Old 10-30-02, 03:26 AM
MGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Check out the review

http://autorepair.about.com/library/...afpr052002.htm
Old 10-30-02, 09:14 AM
Lexmexico
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For everyone's information, the Tornado will not even fit correctly within the RX. Even if you get the correct size there is already a plastic piece of blockage just past where the air would exit the air filter and go to the engine. South of the Border, the Tornados have some popularity, but most mechanics admit, better to get a K&N if you are going to waste that money on a Tornado.
Old 10-30-02, 05:25 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

This thread is prompting me to post a new idea I've had recently, and spinteews, it IS NOT intended as ANY offense to you as I'm just as guilty of what I'm about to describe.

I often get urges to make "stupid" or "retarded purchase" for my RX (and many other things for that matter) because they don't cost much and appear kind of cool. When I started adding all this money up, I started realizing I've spent a lot of money on stupid little stuff...

Hence I've started a "retarded purchase savings fund". Everytime I get the urge to make a stupid "inexpensive" purchase, I've been talking myself out of putting the money into an envelope which I will later use to buy something expensive and worthwhile. It's been going for over a month, and has been working PHENOMENALLY!

Please don't buy the tornado - as a Lexus owner you owe it to yourself to do a little bit of intelligent critical thinking - after all, you were smart enough to be able to make enough $ to afford a Lexus, and were smart enough to make a great purchase - apply that elsewhere!

Like I said, no offense intended. Spin, take that $75 bucks and stick it into a "Nitrous" or a "Turbocharger" or a "Weapon R ECU" fund for your RX - THEN you'd have something!

Last edited by CK1_RX3; 10-30-02 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-31-02, 06:00 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

hahha no feelings hurt... just wanted to see your reactions... i really didn't believe it my self but my buddy was going crazy about it HAHA... o well, just still waiting for that ecu... whenever it comes out and if it really works by weapon-r...
Old 11-05-02, 01:30 PM
Handogen
Driver

I did a lot of research on the tornado as well. Firstly, it doesn't fit right as mentioned above. Secondly your RX is designed much better than regular cars that may benefit from a tornado.

And I echo the sentiment to instead spend your money on a Weapon R Intake and a RMM exhaust system.

Good luck and watch out for that snake oil!

Hando