RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

99 RX audio upgrade log

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-12, 12:15 AM
nnym4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh, looks clean. The only thing that bothered me about having it in the glove box would be leaving it open while driving, but having it closed and using the remote like you are doesn't seem like a bad idea after all. I haven't ruled it out yet, as I know any work that is going to deal with the actual dashboard will most likely cost more money. I'm keeping all options open right now.

Thanks for the input once again!
Old 03-01-12, 12:52 AM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice system setup you have going on but i have one question why the glove box and why not a single din radio kit?

Old 03-01-12, 05:13 PM
Sturds
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrations?

Wow great work with the molding in the tweeters , just a few questions in the photos was there an amplifier for each speaker? Why not just use one central one? Also do the door speakers cause and vibrations and rattling being mounted to the door cover and not the frame itself or do the screws go through and mount to the frame as well?
Old 03-05-12, 10:52 PM
RXdriver11
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nnym4
Ahhh, looks clean. The only thing that bothered me about having it in the glove box would be leaving it open while driving, but having it closed and using the remote like you are doesn't seem like a bad idea after all. I haven't ruled it out yet, as I know any work that is going to deal with the actual dashboard will most likely cost more money. I'm keeping all options open right now.

Thanks for the input once again!
Good luck with your choice, keep us informed on what you end up doing.

Originally Posted by sgv_bum
nice system setup you have going on but i have one question why the glove box and why not a single din radio kit?

The real reason is because my factory amp was on the fritz. I wasnt going to use the changer anymore so I decided to use that space. Besides the aftermarket single din kit requires movement of some stock components that didnt need to be moved.. you have to have the gear shift out of park to access it.. and I wanted my cockpit to still have that classy stock look.

Originally Posted by Sturds
Wow great work with the molding in the tweeters , just a few questions in the photos was there an amplifier for each speaker? Why not just use one central one? Also do the door speakers cause and vibrations and rattling being mounted to the door cover and not the frame itself or do the screws go through and mount to the frame as well?
Thank You, thank you. As for the speakers there is one 4 channel amp for the front speakers. I will be adding a signal processor soon, waiting on some electrical upgrades first. And the sub woofer currently has one amp, but it is going to have 2 amps running it. It is a dual voice coil that is going to have 1 amp per coil. If you arent a big audio person then it will make way more since when you see it. Im waiting on a custom alternator thats being built before I can continue, but I will load some pics of the current amps soon.