RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

2000 rx gps navigation upgrade project

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-13, 04:21 PM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes it is working perfect with ipod touch 4th gen. You could watch YouTube for my videos. Thanks.
Old 11-15-13, 07:18 PM
jayonejay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi bro Gazi,
I have 1999 Rx300 I wants to install Kenwood Navigation system DNX5150 ? Can it possible, if you can yu please help.?
Thanks
Old 07-07-14, 07:37 PM
andyhleu
Driver School Candidate

Hello, gazi001

may I ask where did you buy the navigation mount(fascia)? I searched everywhere, they don't look the same like the one you have. the first pic you sent.

thank you,
Old 11-22-14, 04:53 PM
maorsela
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Gazi,

any idea where I can get a navigation kit for my 2002?

I have the pioneer stereo as well.

Thanks!
Old 11-23-14, 07:19 PM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by maorsela
Hi Gazi,

any idea where I can get a navigation kit for my 2002?

I have the pioneer stereo as well.

Thanks!
I PM you. Check your messages.
Old 12-23-14, 12:54 AM
Patron
Driver School Candidate

I also was wondering where I could buy the kit and or the wire harness to make a GPS Navigation Head Unit work in a Non GPS Navagation 1999 RX300.
Old 05-05-15, 07:51 AM
LondonLex
Driver School Candidate

Default M4 blue connecte

Originally Posted by gazi001
Here is few pics of back of 2001 Rx with nav multi display screen and radio. First pic of radio (different than 2000 rx w/o nav) with harness: 1.R6 (20 pins) for Radio/cassette assembly (connected with battery, illumination, TX+, TX-, Mute, ACC ANT etc.), 2. R7 ( 12 pins) Radio/cassette assembly (connected with TX+, TX-,Eject). These pin connections already we have our non nav radio harness R2, R3, R4, I just have to match with the designated pins and wires.I added pdf radio digrams for both RX's. Second pic you will see 3 connections. Those are:1. M5 (8 pins red arrows) blue for mostly power, ground acc etc. 2. empty white for video input (like Ipod, Iphone etc.), 3. M4 (red line) blue connected with the nav ECU N4 for video input. 4.M3 white (14 pins) for radio, instrument panel connection, speed sensor, parking brake, etc. I will post all the updates.
(M4 (red line) blue connected with the nav ECU N4 for video input) Can you tell me how many pins there is for this connector please.
Old 05-05-15, 07:52 AM
LondonLex
Driver School Candidate

Default M4 blue connector at back of head unit

Here is few pics of back of 2001 Rx with nav multi display screen and radio. First pic of radio (different than 2000 rx w/o nav) with harness: 1.R6 (20 pins) for Radio/cassette assembly (connected with battery, illumination, TX+, TX-, Mute, ACC ANT etc.), 2. R7 ( 12 pins) Radio/cassette assembly (connected with TX+, TX-,Eject). These pin connections already we have our non nav radio harness R2, R3, R4, I just have to match with the designated pins and wires.I added pdf radio digrams for both RX's. Second pic you will see 3 connections. Those are:1. M5 (8 pins red arrows) blue for mostly power, ground acc etc. 2. empty white for video input (like Ipod, Iphone etc.), 3. M4 (red line) blue connected with the nav ECU N4 for video input. 4.M3 white (14 pins) for radio, instrument panel connection, speed sensor, parking brake, etc. I will post all the updates.
(M4 (red line) blue connected with the nav ECU N4 for video input) Can you tell me how many pins there is for this connector please.
Old 05-05-15, 09:45 AM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LondonLex
it has 10 pins.
Old 07-29-17, 06:22 AM
stanleybg
Driver School Candidate

Hello guys.I want to add GPS computer int the trung just to have maintance menus.Not navigation.But i have no wiring harnes for this ECU in the trunk.My headunit i color touchscreen.Can you help me wich cables i have to conect to headunit to see this maintance menus.
I dont need to conect it to audio amplifier i think because i will not use Navigation.
Thank you in advance
Old 08-04-18, 10:28 PM
BarryLB
Driver School Candidate

I am really interested in trying my hand at upgrading my 03 Rx300 audio system to a newer one with navigation. I am brand new to Lexus as we just bought this vehicle a few weeks ago and have about 600 miles on it so far. I spent many years in electronics troubleshooting and repair in the Navy, so I am not afraid to solder, splice, etc. What is the latest (newest) radio system I can install in the factory bezel and what is the newest nav system (computer I have seen some say) that is compatible with that audio system? I also want to have bluetooth and aux in for ipod/smartphone.
Old 08-05-18, 12:54 PM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

Originally Posted by BarryLB
I am really interested in trying my hand at upgrading my 03 Rx300 audio system to a newer one with navigation. I am brand new to Lexus as we just bought this vehicle a few weeks ago and have about 600 miles on it so far. I spent many years in electronics troubleshooting and repair in the Navy, so I am not afraid to solder, splice, etc. What is the latest (newest) radio system I can install in the factory bezel and what is the newest nav system (computer I have seen some say) that is compatible with that audio system? I also want to have bluetooth and aux in for ipod/smartphone.
Barry:

Please look up the thread on AUX-in. If nothing else it will give you insight into compatibility issues. There is at least one person who did an retrofit [which also included and upgrade ... Lexus has gone through multiple generations of updates '99 is now 20yrs old).

Salim
The following users liked this post:
BarryLB (08-05-18)
Old 08-05-18, 09:04 PM
BarryLB
Driver School Candidate

Thank you Salim. I will check it out!
Old 12-04-18, 03:52 PM
Telefunken
Driver School Candidate

I know this is an old thread but I have a good angle to acquire a complete OEM navigation unit from a 2001 model. My model is a 2000 non-navigation of course. After reading through this thread wanted to be sure before I dive in on what’s required?

-Head unit from center console, complete with harness

-DVD/ECM unit and attaching harness from right trunk area

-GPS antenna connecting harness running along back trunk area

-Splices to harness as shown in diagram, if custom harness isn’t available

Any input would be great!

-

Last edited by Telefunken; 12-04-18 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-17-22, 09:25 AM
Guttinet
2nd gear

Default Cable navi

PM me. I have an extra set of harness.
hello,

I m interested in

Quick Reply: 2000 rx gps navigation upgrade project