RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Weapon*r Ecu For Rx300..

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-02, 08:33 PM
hleo1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah... but then it'll cost more money though... unless the aftermarket stuff is not desirable....
Old 02-17-02, 08:56 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

No your right... I was just looking at the classified ads and that GS400 L-Sportline, Is off the hook..... If I had The money I would get it....

Well Hendry I'm going to hit the hay.. I have a big day tomorrow. I am off to MIAMI...... for 5 days..... So intill next time....
Old 02-18-02, 12:59 AM
hleo1
Pole Position

Happy Vacations!

Miami for 5 days??? I sure envy you! Have fun, stay safe...

Old 02-18-02, 11:23 AM
HKG HARRIER
Rookie

A Old man once told me...

The difference between the men and boys.. Is the cost of their toys..
Old 02-18-02, 02:40 PM
hleo1
Pole Position

I don't really know what you're trying to say...

but in case by any chance you're thinking that if we are willing to pay the high cost so we can be like "men", I think that's immature... We just know how to value our money very well, that's a very mature thinking of our personal finances...
Old 02-18-02, 03:54 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Originally posted by hleo1
I don't really know what you're trying to say...

but in case by any chance you're thinking that if we are willing to pay the high cost so we can be like "men", I think that's immature... We just know how to value our money very well, that's a very mature thinking of our personal finances...
I don't think he meant it that way. Just an innocent comment contrasting the toys of children vs. the cooler (albeit more expensive) gadgets men buy. Computers, cars, ect in general and not the expensive version of one specific thing over the cheaper one.

-Nick
Old 02-18-02, 04:03 PM
hleo1
Pole Position

I hope so too...

Old 02-18-02, 06:56 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

LOL lets just hope the dynos good and LEO gives us all a good price.... COME ONE LEO!!!!
Old 02-18-02, 11:32 PM
Chan
Driver School Candidate

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything WR. I had a couple friends with Civics that went with the WR intakes cause they were cheap, rusted on them in like a month.

The SRT HFI system for the RX is scheduled for March I think.

$500 for a piggyback ECU? I mean damn Area 51's piggyback ECU is $225 for us IS owners.

I'd wait out for the SRT HFI system for the RX. But hey if you have the money to spend on a piggyback ECU, go for it.

Btw, I am in no way related to SRT. Just an IS owner planning on getting an RX on Wednesday.
Old 02-19-02, 08:08 AM
hleo1
Pole Position

Chan,

Good for you, I'm sure you're going to love the RX.

We're all waiting to see the final dyno results and the price. We're also weighing out the HP/Price ratio, to see if it's even worth to buy the ECU. Anyways, I guess if SRT will come out with their own version, then we'll have more options for us as consumers....

Old 02-19-02, 08:41 AM
HKG HARRIER
Rookie

I just want to know what justify's as an ECU?

Would someone please clear this up..?
I for one know that the Competitors ECU is not an ECU, but just a bunch of parts from a Calculator.. Ask someone you know who has one to open it up..

I wouldn't put anything that you just guess how much your going to trick the car with resistors and diodes to get more ignition timing out of the car.. And adding a resistor to advance the ignition timing 4-6 degrees through out the power band, that's not too good.. Most cars don't like added timing throughout the powerband, which is why Most of the Competitors dyno sheets look like a lie detector graph.. Wake up people, smell the bag of SH*$ burning on your porch? If you wanna compair ECU's it's just fair to compair apples with apples...

As far as the intake rusting through? I don't think so.. Our intakes are Aluminum, which cannot RUST.. I think where ever your friends bought the intakes from, got hornswaggled... We have seen many people buying our filters and buying a cheap chrome pipe, and then dubbing it WR..

Get on the GS or SC boards, people love our product and know it's a quailty product.. Be your own judge, don't be led by the general public.... Don't be a lemming..
Old 02-19-02, 10:09 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

lol... its funny...

You see people post opinions about how much they like or hate SRT and WR...

but really, it all depends on the product itself and the price... i could careless if one company is better then the other, but if the product they make is quality and the price is right, then they got my business
Old 02-19-02, 10:10 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

btw chan, have fun with your rx300, u'll love it like how we all love ours haha

also... is area 51 making products for our car? I remember they wanted a rx to test their products on but i havn't heard anything from them in a LONG time
Old 02-20-02, 04:54 PM
HKG HARRIER
Rookie

the ECu is in.. were going to dyno on friday..

I did some pre-programming and we took it around the block..
It feels like it pulls just like the IS300..

That car got 20Hp and 20Tq..

We'll see after friday..

LEO
Old 02-20-02, 11:57 PM
Chan
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by spinteews
btw chan, have fun with your rx300, u'll love it like how we all love ours haha

also... is area 51 making products for our car? I remember they wanted a rx to test their products on but i havn't heard anything from them in a LONG time
Area 51 is extremely busy, they just finshed up their SC300 running at 18PSI.

If you guys want Area 51 to make something for our RX(Yes I got one too now) start a petition. Area 51 actually listens to their customers and if there's a demand for something, they'll meet the demand.

Quick Reply: Weapon*r Ecu For Rx300..