RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

F Sport vs F

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-19, 10:42 PM
MHB1535
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I parked next to a RC350 F Sport and I kid you not, he asked me where I got the bumpers and exhaust to put on my RC350 🤦*♂️
The following users liked this post:
Dribble (06-12-19)
Old 06-12-19, 12:29 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

If I keep my RCF in ECO and drive at 55 mph for an extended period of time, THEN I COULD get 26 mpg. I did that ONLY once before (when I got my RCF initially) I got that low pressure fuel pump/noise update.

Then I got the Borla ..... AND I just CAN'T drive 55 ANYMORE!

Originally Posted by Mr. Klean
I had the same thing happen with a friend of mine this past Friday. He saw my car on my monitor background and said, "I had this car last year...I just sold it and bought an accord." I said, you had an "F" and he said yeah. So his commute was similar to mine so I said- but the gas mileage sucked, huh? He goes, nah...it gave me like 25 or so miles to the gallon...I said, oh, you mean you had an F-Sport? He said, it's the same thing, right? -_- Believe it or not, this is common. He really didn't know the difference until we went for a ride up the block real quick....and I mean, REAL QUICK lol.

Regardless tho, I love driving mine and could care less what others think. I get satisfaction frm whippin up on all the fools in their M this and AMG that...but not as much as I do when I run a charger Scat what? SRT who?
Dribble (06-13-19)
Old 06-12-19, 04:48 AM
yellow2112
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

God, I've had the following conversation 3 times, with 3 different people"

Them- "I have one of those, how do you like it?"
Me- "oh, you have an RCF?"
Them - "Yes, I have the RCFsport"
Me - "Wait, you have an RCF or the RC350 Fsport"
Them - "YES! I have an RCFsport"

Not trying to be an elitist but its confusing to say the least.....
Dribble (06-12-19)
Old 06-12-19, 04:59 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Was at a track with a buddy in his IS-F, we saw a GS F-Sport in parking lot guess the guy found us and wanted to run against the IS-F says he has a GS-F and claimed he beat a new Dodge Demon on street
Dribble (06-12-19)
Old 06-12-19, 05:31 AM
Dribble
Driver

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

That was my whole point. I agree with many comments - no it doesn't alter the joy I get from driving my car. But again - the F should be for a true F car so it means something.

Lexus should have offered "Sport" packages for the lesser cars but do not put F into the package to eliminate confusion. Call it RC 350 Sport or RC 350 GT. The F should only be on ISF, RCF and LFA.....and soon to be LCF.

I get enthusiasts know the difference.....but everyone should know if they see an F, M, V or AMG - that it is something special.....
Old 06-12-19, 08:32 AM
AgentWin
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I was at a red light when a rc350 F sport pulled up. I believe he had on an exhaust from the sound of it. Anyways he ask me about my f sport and where did I get those front bumber kit. I was a little confuse and didn't answer him. He got mad and decided to show me by flooring the car. I was like oh hell no, the look on his face when I walk past him haha.
The following 3 users liked this post by AgentWin:
05RollaXRS (06-12-19), Dribble (06-12-19), lobuxracer (06-12-19)
Old 06-12-19, 08:33 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by bob67
You trust your dealership enough to let them pick up and deliver your car? Had enough fast sport cars, (and some expensive), in the past where the odometer went up 20 miles or more just for an dealership oil change. And I still check my oil fill, since for 1/2 of my RCF oil changes, they have been dealership overfilled by a wide margin.
Absolutely, Mary @ West Side Lexus has earned my respect and love

Very rare to say that about anyone in the car business these days

She works for me and goes to bat for me whenever there is an issue
Dribble (06-12-19)
Old 06-12-19, 08:44 AM
Dribble
Driver

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

So funny. I laugh when I see guys on YouTube talking about an RCF and saying "look at this RC F Sport"....it goes back to the confusion Lexus created with this.

One guy was pointing at the F on the steering wheel and said "it is complete with the F Sport logo on the steering wheel" too funny.
Old 06-12-19, 05:25 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

It's not that confusing in all honesty - only for the non car types that Lexus pulls in. It's no different than M3 and M340i or M-sport. The difference is I think more BMW people know the difference (not even close to all but more than Lexus people). And unless you got it to impress someone, and maybe you did, who cares. They blend these models together to sell more and it is working.
Old 06-12-19, 06:44 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I think the difference even visually are very big. I see an RC350 every now and then. Saw one this morning. The proportions are so different. The wider body on the RCF really gives a different profile. Also, the body panels like the vents, fender flares, diffuser in the rear bumpers and hood vent etc. give it a unique look. The AWD (which is the only model available here) has an atrociously big front fender gap. I cannot believe how Lexus could do such a thing where the nose is lifted up so high that it seems like the rear end of a 4 x 4 is saggy.
Old 06-12-19, 06:56 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by Apone
It's not that confusing in all honesty - only for the non car types that Lexus pulls in. It's no different than M3 and M340i or M-sport. The difference is I think more BMW people know the difference (not even close to all but more than Lexus people). And unless you got it to impress someone, and maybe you did, who cares. They blend these models together to sell more and it is working.
This

Lou
lobuxracer (06-12-19)
Old 06-12-19, 07:57 PM
Kev99sv
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 37 Posts

I like the fact that people don’t know the difference. As long as I know that’s what’s important. I have had more that one older person ask about my LFA saying they didn’t know Lexus made a car like that and if they can go to the dealership and get one. I encourage them all to visit my Lexus dealer. Just makes me smile. Kind of like wearing a Patek or Vacherone. The vast majority just see a watch. It’s great that Lexus makes the F sport. Allows more people to enjoy the brand.
vraa (06-13-19)
Old 06-13-19, 05:48 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 344 Likes on 226 Posts

I could care less.

I owned a RC350 F sport for a while and it was a great car.

It led me to the RCF.
vraa (06-14-19)
Old 06-13-19, 07:43 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I work at a Lexus dealership and I see other employees referring to GS350 or IS350 F-Sports as IS-F’s and GS-F’s. It drives me nuts because they know better. The guys will tell me to come check out the GS-F we just got and I come out to a regular GS.

it doesn’t happen with the RC-F for some reason.
vraa (06-14-19)
Old 06-20-19, 05:44 PM
CraigMak
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This really is very confusing and annoying. Try searching for an RC-F on eBay and you will get a deluge of RC F-Sport cars that are not RC-F's with misleading listing titles. Click on the listing and it's an RC-350 F-sport or some other even lessor F-Sport. Not too long ago I told someone that I drive a BMW M3 and they said oh, my husband has a BMW 328i M3. I'm like WTF? a 328i is a car and an M3 is a car... You mean a 328i M-Sport... She's like umm. sure, whatever that means. Will Mercedes come out with AMG Sport? SMH
Dribble (06-20-19)

Quick Reply: F Sport vs F