RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F Track Edition Count Down

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-19, 12:37 PM
Kev99sv
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sensai
Hey, no offense intended. I wasn’t the only one that mentioned that markup is tough from dealerships. I don’t think msrp is lame but wow I guess dealerships can just jack it up.

Enjoy the new ride man.
Well then you will be happy to know that I actually didn't pay MSRP but slightly less. Long term solid relationships sometimes pay dividends. When I said it was worth a premium, I meant over a standard RCF. Only car I ever paid over for was my 2011 GTO.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (05-26-19)
Old 05-26-19, 02:25 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,424 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev99sv
Well then you will be happy to know that I actually didn't pay MSRP but slightly less. Long term solid relationships sometimes pay dividends. When I said it was worth a premium, I meant over a standard RCF. Only car I ever paid over for was my 2011 GTO.
What are your initial impressions of the RCF track edition?
Old 05-26-19, 07:01 PM
Kev99sv
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
What are your initial impressions of the RCF track edition?
Don't have many yet. Driven it 15 miles. Comfortable, much like my daughters regular RCF. CCBs have a great feel with the limited driving so far. Fit and finish on the carbon is terrific. Wish there was more on the interior, as the red carbon is really cool. Sound seems like my old GSF but will put it next to my daughters RC and see if the exhaust note is any different. Will form some more ideas as i drive more. Gotta say that the car looks really cool though. Love the white and carbon contrast.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kev99sv:
05RollaXRS (05-26-19), BossMoss (05-26-19)
Old 05-26-19, 07:09 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Don't have many yet. Driven it 15 miles. Comfortable, much like my daughters regular RCF. CCBs have a great feel with the limited driving so far. Fit and finish on the carbon is terrific. Wish there was more on the interior, as the red carbon is really cool. Sound seems like my old GSF but will put it next to my daughters RC and see if the exhaust note is any different. Will form some more ideas as i drive more. Gotta say that the car looks really cool though. Love the white and carbon contrast.
Thanks. Looking forward to your detailed impressions once you have driven it more especially once you break in the car.
Old 05-27-19, 10:16 AM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rp2000r
Longo had my card info/not charged but authorized for 5k and had sent me vin, build sheet, total otd and asked who my loan was through..We also got quotes on enclosed transportation. My my salesman was a good guy and easy to deal with during the deal. 2 weeks in the Vp called and said the out of state deal/Lexus frowned on it blah blah and my reply was they are in business to sell cars, if it’s about $$ atleast give me the opportunity to say no which he never admitted to adm.

Stevens Creek had charged my card 5k for 3 weeks and the salesman said the car was mine for msrp plus any port installed options. I spoke every few days with a salesman and one day the GM emailed me back and said my salesman wasn’t there anymore and he was taking the deal over. His first question to me was where I was registering the car and after multiple conversations I was told the same out of state crap as Longo. I knew what was happening but nothing I could do because I didn’t have anything in writing.
They are sister stores and both of them have since added 20k plus to msrp.

Pretty frustrating deal to be honest but my local store is supposed to get 1 allocated so my fingers are crossed.
Do you think they would have pulled that crap if you had agreed on a ridiculous market adjustment ? Do you think this was strictly a greed thing or they actually didn't want to sell out of state?
Old 05-27-19, 03:02 PM
rp2000r
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Do you think they would have pulled that crap if you had agreed on a ridiculous market adjustment ? Do you think this was strictly a greed thing or they actually didn't want to sell out of state?

Greed all the way, Dealers and car manufacturers are in the business to sell cars.
Old 05-31-19, 08:13 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Welcome more pics please. Now any interest in us taking molds of that wing for reproduction purposes. lol but seriously.

Finally made it over to dealer to trade the 2019 GSF 10th for the track edition today
Old 05-31-19, 11:33 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Here is a Japanese spec black color RCF track edition

Old 06-01-19, 06:50 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

I am so jealous @Kev99sv !!!

My rep is still telling me to be patient and wait!
Old 06-01-19, 08:00 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

That rims though!!!
Old 06-01-19, 11:34 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vraa
I am so jealous @Kev99sv !!!

My rep is still telling me to be patient and wait!
So, it looks like there is good demand for these as paying customers are being told to wait.
Old 06-01-19, 02:18 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

I do not know about demand, I'm (from what I know) one of two persons who wished to put down the deposit on the car

My understanding is I have a later built RC-F TE than Kev's

ARRRRGHH I do not have this much patience!!!
Old 06-01-19, 03:15 PM
rp2000r
Pit Crew

I don't think demand is all that high for the TE as most of the delivered cars have been sitting but some of that is due to dealers marking them up.
I heard from a good source cars are delayed due to a issue with the carbon fiber...I don't know what the issue is but it pushed most cars delivery dates back to mid July.
I was stuck on getting a TE and have my name on one but after having 2 Cali dealers play the markup game and also waiting for a mid summer delivery date I am losing steam and may continue to save $$$ for something better will see.
Old 06-03-19, 10:39 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by rp2000r
I don't think demand is all that high for the TE as most of the delivered cars have been sitting but some of that is due to dealers marking them up.
I heard from a good source cars are delayed due to a issue with the carbon fiber...I don't know what the issue is but it pushed most cars delivery dates back to mid July.
I was stuck on getting a TE and have my name on one but after having 2 Cali dealers play the markup game and also waiting for a mid summer delivery date I am losing steam and may continue to save $$$ for something better will see.
My local dealer here in NC gas one in stock and priced at $101k. They said they'd never mark them up like other dealers and told me they'd happily shop to anywhere in the USA for $101k plus shipping!
Must say, it looks STUNNING in person! Someone should hop on this!

V.
Old 06-04-19, 06:17 AM
rp2000r
Pit Crew

V,

Raleigh has one @ $102,450..
is that the car your talking about?

I will take it for that price with shipping included!

Quick Reply: RC-F Track Edition Count Down