RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F Track Edition Count Down

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-19, 05:49 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts
Default RC-F Track Edition Count Down

Will this car sound better than my IS-F? I'm betting $2000 it will not.

Sorry @Kev99sv
Old 05-15-19, 08:05 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Are you buying it or test driving it?
Old 05-15-19, 08:45 PM
rp2000r
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts

I had deposits at Stevens Creek and Longo and both tried to say they didn’t want to sell to a out of state customer in fear that it might hurt future allocations.. that came from the GM/VP.

In the end both are charging adm upwards of 20+k.
Longo received their TE last week and it’s been sitting collecting dust. 😀
Old 05-16-19, 08:19 AM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rp2000r
I had deposits at Stevens Creek and Longo and both tried to say they didn’t want to sell to a out of state customer in fear that it might hurt future allocations.. that came from the GM/VP.

In the end both are charging adm upwards of 20+k.
Longo received their TE last week and it’s been sitting collecting dust. 😀
Yeah, they're full of crap... sale is a sale, doesn't matter where the end customer resides.
Old 05-16-19, 09:39 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

I have heard Ferrari say the same thing

I don't test drive cars
Old 05-16-19, 09:41 AM
OldManRCF
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Longo trying to sell their TE for 150k+ plus and getting butt hurt from people calling them out for trying to take advantage of customers due to the rarity. At 150k i suspect it will be sitting next to the LFAs in the showroom.
Old 05-16-19, 10:45 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Waiting continues

bad news

Old 05-16-19, 10:52 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Keep this thread updated.
Old 05-16-19, 05:49 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Went to the dealership for warranty and Longo has one for $152k, i told my service advisor i can get a better sports car for that...lol.. he's like, FOR REALZ...
The following 3 users liked this post by chris07is:
05RollaXRS (05-16-19), Apone (05-16-19), QwkSC (07-13-19)
Old 05-16-19, 06:39 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

That price is near a used Mclaren 570S price. It wouldn't take me half a breath to figure what I would take if I had to choose between the two. I wish Lexus success, but I really expect there will be track edition cars sitting on the floor for months on end and sold at, or below MSRP in December/January.
The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
Apone (05-17-19), vraa (05-18-19)
Old 05-16-19, 06:57 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
That price is near a used Mclaren 570S price. It wouldn't take me half a breath to figure what I would take if I had to choose between the two. I wish Lexus success, but I really expect there will be track edition cars sitting on the floor for months on end and sold at, or below MSRP in December/January.

Lobux what’s your thoughts on the new Supra? Not to highjack etc.
Old 05-16-19, 07:07 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
Lobux what’s your thoughts on the new Supra? Not to highjack etc.
The hardcore enthusiasts will buy them initially along with some who seek to be "first" so year one sales will be solid, but unless someone starts turning them into monsters right away, they'll probably do what Supras have always done. Sit on the showroom floor. Toyota/Lexus still have a mountain to climb before they are truly accepted as a performance platform. We all know better, but the people with real money to spend still end up at the Porsche dealer, or buy exotic cars. The Lexus/Toyota racing car market is tiny and they've not been friendly to the grassroots racers at all.

I actually like the RC F Track Edition in many ways. I just have my heart set on a 720S for my next fast car, and things are coming together to make that possible now.
The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
vraa (05-18-19), weswork (05-16-19)
Old 05-16-19, 08:07 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

The hardcore enthusiasts will buy them initially along with some who seek to be "first" so year one sales will be solid, but unless someone starts turning them into monsters right away, they'll probably do what Supras have always done. Sit on the showroom floor. Toyota/Lexus still have a mountain to climb before they are truly accepted as a performance platform. We all know better, but the people with real money to spend still end up at the Porsche dealer, or buy exotic cars. The Lexus/Toyota racing car market is tiny and they've not been friendly to the grassroots racers at all.

I actually like the RC F Track Edition in many ways. I just have my heart set on a 720S for my next fast car, and things are coming together to make that possible now.
Lance - Could not agree more with the above and keep me posted on your 720S pursuit please.

Dave
The following users liked this post:
vraa (05-21-19)
Old 05-16-19, 08:45 PM
Kev99sv
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 37 Posts

Arrived at dealership 2 days ago. Car looks really cool and is worth MSRP imho. Carbon ceramics are great and carbon accents suit it well. Is it worth trading my 2019 GSF Matt nebula for it ? I guess we will find out soon.
Only 50 in the US makes it even cooler.
The following users liked this post:
vraa (05-17-19)
Old 05-17-19, 07:11 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm so glad someone brought this up and I'm happy to take it to another thread but - does it need to be too much more than what it is? I agree there are those who will just grab it to have the new thing and will pay top dollar (adm) for it, but it's not a bad car in my opinion. Matter of fact, on my checklist of small, light, quick and maneuverable with adequate power - I think they have nailed it. Is it a little costly for what it is, yes. But it will out accelerate plenty of cars (including the RCF) through about 100mph where power should start to matter. I think with $50k+ to spend on a fun car, this would be a great option. Getting into a porsche (if you could for that money) will come with so much more cost later and all the issues of "oh you have a Porsche?" I'm happy to say, ah yeah "just a toyota" no big deal. I'm pretty interested in the car and want to see how reliability plays out. I won't be in line to buy this year but I will certainly test drive it.

Quick Reply: RC-F Track Edition Count Down