RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

New Goodies - Hibernation is almost over!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-19, 12:14 PM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Are you getting it done by the dealership? I am starting to think about the RR racing lower control arm polyurethane bushings and would like the dealership to do it (unless they want to charge an arm and a leg) for peace of mind reasons since it is touching the suspension.
Don't be afraid of doing it yourself. The RR instructions are pretty detailed and as long as you have a calibrated torque wrench, you should be good. I can give a helping hand since you are local. Lift is preferred though. I did my ISF LCA's through U-Wrench.
Old 04-30-19, 01:25 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,497 Likes on 1,797 Posts

Originally Posted by 3nergiz3d
Don't be afraid of doing it yourself. The RR instructions are pretty detailed and as long as you have a calibrated torque wrench, you should be good. I can give a helping hand since you are local. Lift is preferred though. I did my ISF LCA's through U-Wrench.
Thanks. Yeah, I will see what the labor is on it. Definitely will keep in mind and appreciate you extending your help. I am being very cautious considering the warranty etc. I checked out U-Wrench. Never seen this concept before of renting out garage space. What are your impressions of the RR LCA bushings?
Old 04-30-19, 01:56 PM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Thanks. Yeah, I will see what the labor is on it. Definitely will keep in mind and appreciate you extending your help. I am being very cautious considering the warranty etc. I checked out U-Wrench. Never seen this concept before of renting out garage space. What are your impressions of the RR LCA bushings?
No problem, be glad to help people around the same area. You'll be fine on warranty. I recently had some work done due to some "suspension issues" and they still performed the work. Nothing but good things to say about them when I had them paired with my Penske Coilovers. You do feel more of the "road", but braking feel is fantastic. I believe RR uses a 95 Durometer bushing vs FIGS 90. Personal preference.
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (04-30-19)
Old 04-30-19, 02:25 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

No problem, be glad to help people around the same area. You'll be fine on warranty. I recently had some work done due to some "suspension issues" and they still performed the work. Nothing but good things to say about them when I had them paired with my Penske Coilovers. You do feel more of the "road", but braking feel is fantastic. I believe RR uses a 95 Durometer bushing vs FIGS 90. Personal preference.
Cool. Thanks. I am planning RR LCA since they are stiffer and they also handle fore/aft. I just got a full catback Invidia on (absolutely love it!). Used Minute Muffler on 32nd to work on it and they did a phenomenal job. Next, I will be taking it to the Royal Oak on 22nd for full inspection and alignment. Which dealership do you go to? Do you have RR or figs?

I am thinking later on the summer for the LCA. I will definitely reach out to you once I have the RR ordered.
Old 05-01-19, 05:46 AM
MrJeager
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Got the same styled wheel from Elvin! Loving it!

Limelight (05-02-19)
Old 05-01-19, 07:59 AM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Cool. Thanks. I am planning RR LCA since they are stiffer and they also handle fore/aft. I just got a full catback Invidia on (absolutely love it!). Used Minute Muffler on 32nd to work on it and they did a phenomenal job. Next, I will be taking it to the Royal Oak on 22nd for full inspection and alignment. Which dealership do you go to? Do you have RR or figs?

I am thinking later on the summer for the LCA. I will definitely reach out to you once I have the RR ordered.
I usually use Royal Oak now as I'm close to the dealership. Request for Darryl or Albert for your alignment and full inspection. I'm using the RR LCA's.
05RollaXRS (05-10-19)
Old 05-01-19, 08:02 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I usually use Royal Oak now as I'm close to the dealership. Request for Darryl or Albert for your alignment and full inspection. I'm using the RR LCA's.
Awesome. Thanks.
Old 05-01-19, 05:23 PM
M4rk
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Looks good! I am also in Ottawa - my IS F has been back part-time for a few weeks now. I've seen a white RC F and a silver GS F around, but not much else.
Old 05-01-19, 06:42 PM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by M4rk
Looks good! I am also in Ottawa - my IS F has been back part-time for a few weeks now. I've seen a white RC F and a silver GS F around, but not much else.
Thanks! I’ve seen two white ones so far and another chameleon wrapped one last fall with Quebec plated.
Old 05-02-19, 09:01 AM
M4rk
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueRCF10
Thanks! I’ve seen two white ones so far and another chameleon wrapped one last fall with Quebec plated.
Would definitely like to join a meet/cruise if there are any in the area.
Old 05-02-19, 01:03 PM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by M4rk
Would definitely like to join a meet/cruise if there are any in the area.
I agree, would be really nice around here. I don’t know if any meets or anything of that sort but Friday nights on Merivale at the Winners parking lot I’ve noticed a huge meet of all kind of cars/enthusiasts and saw some Lexus’s there.
Old 05-02-19, 04:53 PM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Here’s the new wheel installed. It’s sooooo awesome!
MrJeager (05-02-19)
Old 05-02-19, 06:28 PM
sensai
Advanced

Received 662 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by 3IS350Guy
Got the same styled wheel from Elvin! Loving it!

oh my goodness. want that wheel so much i do! wondering how it fairs along with the circuit red interior n terms of matching. seems like a really high quality product for all his pieces.

did you also get the Y piece above the F and the control surrounds from him?
Old 05-02-19, 07:31 PM
MrJeager
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes, the Y piece, control surrounds, as well as the paddle shifters were all from Elvin. I had them all wet sanded, then ceramic coated. I dont like the sun reflecting off the wheel or flat surfaces - it gets pretty intense. Also, the matte carbon feels silky smooth when transitioning from leather to the carbon'd pieces .
konichiwa3 (05-02-19)
Old 05-02-19, 07:36 PM
sensai
Advanced

Received 662 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by 3IS350Guy
Yes, the Y piece, control surrounds, as well as the paddle shifters were all from Elvin. I had them all wet sanded, then ceramic coated. I dont like the sun reflecting off the wheel or flat surfaces - it gets pretty intense. Also, the matte carbon feels silky smooth when transitioning from leather to the carbon'd pieces .
Ah got it, yeah I didn't notice the matte at first thinking maybe it was overcast but I see the difference now. Well done. I imagine some sort of detailing shop can do the wet sanding and ceramic coating?

Quick Reply: New Goodies - Hibernation is almost over!