RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

New Goodies - Hibernation is almost over!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-19, 06:21 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Default New Goodies - Hibernation is almost over!

Some new goodies that are just waiting to be slapped on! Long winter's in Ottawa.... Just waiting on the street sweepers to come and clean the debris and then it's showtime

The following 2 users liked this post by BlueRCF10:
Limelight (03-28-19), LRCSALES (04-30-19)
Old 03-27-19, 06:39 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,497 Likes on 1,797 Posts

Cool. Post pictures once they have been installed.
Old 03-27-19, 06:58 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Will do for sure!

I got the steering wheel from Elvin and it's stellar. He was able to keep the heater element as well so I won't be loosing that feature.
Old 03-27-19, 07:17 AM
Limelight
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueRCF10
Will do for sure!

I got the steering wheel from Elvin and it's stellar. He was able to keep the heater element as well so I won't be loosing that feature.
Looking forward to the pics too - I briefly considered your RCF when it was for sale so I now get to live vicariously through your posts lol.

I’m amazed at how fast your Elvin wheel arrived - I recall reading your post expressing interest not that long ago it seemed. Also glad the heated feature remained in tact - that would be a big one for me. Are you installing the wheel yourself? I’ve often wondered what the process was for that...

Enjoy. Your first spring ride will be a blast I’m sure.
Old 03-27-19, 07:23 AM
Sit
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Some new goodies that are just waiting to be slapped on! Long winter's in Ottawa.... Just waiting on the street sweepers to come and clean the debris and then it's showtime
I'm also looking forward to the pic's. Cleveland too is not nice for driving in the winter but fortunately for me only one major snow storm.
Old 03-27-19, 07:37 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Limelight
Looking forward to the pics too - I briefly considered your RCF when it was for sale so I now get to live vicariously through your posts lol.

I’m amazed at how fast your Elvin wheel arrived - I recall reading your post expressing interest not that long ago it seemed. Also glad the heated feature remained in tact - that would be a big one for me. Are you installing the wheel yourself? I’ve often wondered what the process was for that...

From the moment I pulled the trigger on the wheel, it came in about 6 business days. Super quick!

I remember after I bought mine, I saw the same performance package USB 2015 with about 8K less mileage for sale in Mississauga if I recall correctly. At this point, it was in December or January and I'm sure that Lexus dealer didn't want to keep it on the lot. I saw two price reductions on it and the lowest I saw it posted for was 49K. I'm sure given the season, the person that bought that one got a slightly better deal then me with negotiations. Regardless, it would've been around the same ball park and just slightly less clicks than mine. I was thinking of you and if you saw it/bought it.
Old 03-27-19, 10:33 AM
Limelight
Driver

From the moment I pulled the trigger on the wheel, it came in about 6 business days. Super quick!

I remember after I bought mine, I saw the same performance package USB 2015 with about 8K less mileage for sale in Mississauga if I recall correctly. At this point, it was in December or January and I'm sure that Lexus dealer didn't want to keep it on the lot. I saw two price reductions on it and the lowest I saw it posted for was 49K. I'm sure given the season, the person that bought that one got a slightly better deal then me with negotiations. Regardless, it would've been around the same ball park and just slightly less clicks than mine. I was thinking of you and if you saw it/bought it.
i saw that one too. But it didn’t seem to be in as good condition as yours (I seem to recall yours had recently been Ceramic Pro’d). The supply of RCF’s definitely increases in fall/winter with very little supply come spring when everyone is chomping to get out with their cars!

I’ve decided the RCF is for me but the timing right now isn’t. Ideally I’d like to wait a few years and then pick up a 2017+ with the adjustable suspension in the winter months when the negotiating power shifts back to the buyer. At this point, I have other priorities with younger children and my four door Acura RLX Sport Hybrid’s 377 hp is still plenty fun in Sport mode.

Can’t wait to see the upgrades you make to yours - so far you’re doing exactly everything I’d do to mine. I look forward to hearing all about your fun enjoying the car this spring/summer.
Old 03-27-19, 10:59 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

i saw that one too. But it didn’t seem to be in as good condition as yours (I seem to recall yours had recently been Ceramic Pro’d). The supply of RCF’s definitely increases in fall/winter with very little supply come spring when everyone is chomping to get out with their cars!

I’ve decided the RCF is for me but the timing right now isn’t. Ideally I’d like to wait a few years and then pick up a 2017+ with the adjustable suspension in the winter months when the negotiating power shifts back to the buyer. At this point, I have other priorities with younger children and my four door Acura RLX Sport Hybrid’s 377 hp is still plenty fun in Sport mode.

Can’t wait to see the upgrades you make to yours - so far you’re doing exactly everything I’d do to mine. I look forward to hearing all about your fun enjoying the car this spring/summer.
Priorities stump all and that's the most important thing here!

Will post pics and update more once I have the parts installed I'll be putting some LED lights for the doors and the reverse light. Not sure if the glove compartment or trunk light is LED but if it's not I'll do that too. I noticed my foot well lights are not on while the car is on and driving etc... and my GS always has them on which I sorta like since it's very subtle. Might set this in "On" mode after I familiarize myself with the car. This is my first sports car which is AUTO as well.
Old 03-28-19, 10:33 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Sorry I forgot to answer your question about the wheel install. I'll be taking it in for the fuel pump recall the first day I pull it out and I'll have them handle the steering wheel as well. I heard that sometimes an alignment is needed to get the wheel fully straight and if this is the case, they can do it then (hopefully for free since I got one done the day I stored it, the only day I got to drive it lol).
The following users liked this post:
Limelight (03-28-19)
Old 03-29-19, 05:11 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool Elvin

Sorry I forgot to answer your question about the wheel install. I'll be taking it in for the fuel pump recall the first day I pull it out and I'll have them handle the steering wheel as well. I heard that sometimes an alignment is needed to get the wheel fully straight and if this is the case, they can do it then (hopefully for free since I got one done the day I stored it, the only day I got to drive it lol).
Blew my mind too at how fast his incredibly packaged Steering Wheel arrived too! Almost like he was shipping from within the US, its THAT fast!

So cool to see so many other RCF Owners pulling the trigger on the awesome stuff Elvin makes for our cars. So many others (probably Members here) are talking about his gear on the RCF Facebook Group as well. That's where I first heard about the Heated Wheel capability from him. So, even if your car did NOT come with a Heated Steering Wheel- youre saying you can add this feature to his? He just replied to me off FB that if the car did NOT come with the Heated Steering Wheel feature, it can NOT be added to his wheel. Sucks.

IMHO - its smart to let a shop do the mounting of this item (Seriously, no offense to those who said it was super simple. Just not my thing) because they will need to place it on the spline with the wheel centered. Mine is off like 1 click on the spline, but isn't a big deal to me. Another good thing, is that they are able to just go into your "Settings" and place vehicle in "Service Mode" so that you don't need to disconnect the battery, as many here noted had to be done. An Independent shop did my mount for only $50, which again-IMHO-is money well spent. Little shocked your car hasn't had that old Fuel Cell Recall done a long time ago! That was a high priority fix in my opinion!

Congrats on the super gear. Yore absolutely gonna LOVE driving your car with this wheel - its a night and day difference to me!
Old 04-29-19, 07:33 AM
Limelight
Driver

Have you managed to install your goodies and take some pics? I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome!
Old 04-29-19, 08:41 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Have you managed to install your goodies and take some pics? I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome!
Im in Mexico right now for a wedding and getting back tomorrow at 6:30pm. I have my appointment at the dealer on Thursday morning and it’ll be installed then. I’ll post up some nice pics right after
The following users liked this post:
Limelight (04-29-19)
Old 04-29-19, 09:30 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Im in Mexico right now for a wedding and getting back tomorrow at 6:30pm. I have my appointment at the dealer on Thursday morning and it’ll be installed then. I’ll post up some nice pics right after
Are you getting it done by the dealership? I am starting to think about the RR racing lower control arm polyurethane bushings and would like the dealership to do it (unless they want to charge an arm and a leg) for peace of mind reasons since it is touching the suspension.
Old 04-29-19, 09:32 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Are you getting it done by the dealership? I am starting to think about the RR racing lower control arm polyurethane bushings and would like the dealership to do it (unless they want to charge an arm and a leg) for peace of mind reasons since it is touching the suspension.
Yes, getting the dealer to service the fuel pump finally and install the steering wheel. I’ll be installing the spacers and the license plate frames myself. I’ll also be doing my own oil change and put in the new mats.
Old 04-29-19, 10:19 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, getting the dealer to service the fuel pump finally and install the steering wheel. I’ll be installing the spacers and the license plate frames myself. I’ll also be doing my own oil change and put in the new mats.
Yes, I did spacers myself in the garage. They are super simple (as long as they have their own studs and don't require replacing OEM one's).

Quick Reply: New Goodies - Hibernation is almost over!