RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Test Drove RC-F, Have Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-19, 09:10 PM
sensai
Advanced

Received 627 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by airlaird
Well it's nice to hear others complain about the lag..it is there in the auto mode. I do keep mine i sport plus all the time...but yeah...it is there..
airlaird
Yeah agree it's good to know others see it and it's not just my beast. Whew.
Old 04-12-19, 07:29 AM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. In my opinion, the visibility is decent for a car like this. There are some blind spots where I have to lean forward and look back just to check but the BSM helps alleviate this a bit. I've never had to pray while changing lanes. The only annoying thing for me is that the I can't adjust the rear-view mirror higher. I have it adjusted all the way up and I still have to tilt my head downwards to get a good look, but it's probably just cause of the way I sit.

2. I drive mostly in SoCal traffic so auto works better for me. Lag is there in auto but if I know I need gun it real quick, I switch to Sport+ mode and I don't have any issue with lag. I switch it back to auto once I'm done with whatever I'm doing since it's too aggressive here (don't want to get a ticket and well...traffic).

3. I had an IS350 without ML and the difference was there but nothing mind blowing. My wife has a NX300 without ML and I do miss the ML when I have to drive her car. Again, not mind blowing but I do notice/miss it when I'm driving another Lexus without it.

I'd go with the RC-F over the IS-F because it's newer but the IS-F has 4 doors... If you need 4 doors, then you have your answer. Don't forget about storage space... The trunk space is alright coming from the IS350 but I used to store stuff on the floor of the back seats (didn't want to put stuff on the seats to avoid creases on the leather). I can't do that in the RC-F since there is practically no leg room in the back to store anything.