RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone have ARK w/ PPE Headers or Res Delete?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-18, 10:40 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Anyone have ARK w/ PPE Headers or Res Delete?

Hey everyone,

I've searched and was not able to find much information on this. I should be getting my ARK exhaust end of this week or beginning of next week. I plan on running PPE headers down the line and was wondering if anyone here was running that setup. If not, has anyone done a resonator delete on their ARK exhaust?

Thank you!
Old 10-24-18, 10:18 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

ARK with resonator delete should sound very nice and make it decently loud. Wondering myself if anyone has done it. I plan next spring on going with Invidia full catback and I will do a resonator delete on it as well.
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (10-25-18)
Old 10-24-18, 11:14 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
ARK with resonator delete should sound very nice and make it decently loud. Wondering myself if anyone has done it. I plan next spring on going with Invidia full catback and I will do a resonator delete on it as well.
Hey Rolla!

Congrats on finally deciding on an exhaust - I know you've been back and forth with Invidia and ARK for the longest time and I'm glad you're pulling the trigger. I believe the ARK has two sets of resonators (the standard and the Helmholtz near the mufflers) so I'm going to assume the drone isn't too bad after resonator delete! I'll keep everyone updated with it as Josh should be shipping it out this week. Maybe I'll install this weekend or early next week.

Last edited by Lammyyy; 10-24-18 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-24-18, 12:41 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lammyyy
Hey Rolla!

Congrats on finally deciding on an exhaust - I know you've been back and forth with Invidia and ARK for the longest time and I'm glad you're pulling the trigger. I believe the ARK has two sets of resonators (the standard and the Helmholtz near the mufflers) so I'm going to assume the drone isn't too bad! I'll keep everyone updated with it as Josh should be shipping it out this week. Maybe I'll install this weekend or early next week.
Yeah, I have seen those resonators near the muffler. Always wondered what they were. Now I know they are resonators. Thanks.

My car is about to go into hibernation so I will have to wait until spring 2019 to purchase and install the full catback. Right now, it is looking like Invidia since it has the exotic-like tone/pitch to it. I think ARK has similar noise quality. Both of them are not as loud as Borla exhaust, but I think resonator delete can make it louder, if needed. Borla noise is much louder, but a bit more on the muscle-car like side, which is not my cup of tea.
Old 10-24-18, 04:18 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Yeah, I have seen those resonators near the muffler. Always wondered what they were. Now I know they are resonators. Thanks.

My car is about to go into hibernation so I will have to wait until spring 2019 to purchase and install the full catback. Right now, it is looking like Invidia since it has the exotic-like tone/pitch to it. I think ARK has similar noise quality. Both of them are not as loud as Borla exhaust, but I think resonator delete can make it louder, if needed. Borla noise is much louder, but a bit more on the muscle-car like side, which is not my cup of tea.
GET the ark. Better quality and sounds high pitched with 0 drone.
The following users liked this post:
JBooGieRCF (10-25-18)
Old 10-24-18, 07:31 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Spam89
GET the ark. Better quality and sounds high pitched with 0 drone.
Yeah, ARK is great and I really like the sound quality of it. I think Invidia is an awesome deal for the price. I really like its sound as well and people I have spoken with seem to be very happy with it.
Old 10-25-18, 09:46 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

FYI - Louie just posted an Invidia cat back on clearance for less than $1k shipped. Check facebook.
The following 3 users liked this post by SoSlow:
05RollaXRS (10-25-18), Lammyyy (10-25-18), ModInJapan (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 10:08 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

I have Ark Performance RCF exhausts at blow out prices right now. Theres where the OP got his.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following 2 users liked this post by Meraki Autoworks:
Lammyyy (10-25-18), SoSlow (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 11:07 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
I have Ark Performance RCF exhausts at blow out prices right now. Theres where the OP got his.

-Josh
Thanks for the awesome service Josh - received the tracking info on the Ark system today.
Old 10-25-18, 11:29 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SoSlow
FYI - Louie just posted an Invidia cat back on clearance for less than $1k shipped. Check facebook.
Thanks. Great deal, for sure. My car is about to be put away for the winter in the next few weeks. I will be looking into it in early 2019.

You are switching from Borla to ARK Grip?
Old 10-25-18, 11:42 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Thanks. Great deal, for sure. My car is about to be put away for the winter in the next few weeks. I will be looking into it in early 2019.

You are switching from Borla to ARK Grip?
I'm going fromm stock to Ark Grip.
The following 2 users liked this post by SoSlow:
05RollaXRS (10-25-18), JBooGieRCF (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 02:16 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SoSlow
I'm going fromm stock to Ark Grip.
That is a great choice. Can you make some videos of it once you have it installed? No good quality videos for the ARK.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-25-18 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-25-18, 02:46 PM
JBooGieRCF
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Lammyyy....I'll going to let you do this before I do hahaha. The way the ARK is made it is super easy to do a res delete.

That is a great choice. Can you make some videos of it once you have it installed? No good quality videos for the ARK.
i'm working on that!!! lol All my videos are from my phone. They are not bad...but could be better.

Last edited by JBooGieRCF; 10-25-18 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-25-18, 07:30 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JBooGieRCF
Lammyyy....I'll going to let you do this before I do hahaha. The way the ARK is made it is super easy to do a res delete.

Haha for sure. Let me see how loud it is first! I think I'm swamped this weekend so maybe an install in a week or two. Did your exhaust settle into a slightly different tone or no?
Old 10-25-18, 09:12 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

You ARK guys, please make some good videos.

Quick Reply: Anyone have ARK w/ PPE Headers or Res Delete?