RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any Amsoil Users Here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-18, 04:39 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Any Amsoil Users Here?

Yes, I drank the Kool-Aid many moons ago when it pertains to my Cummins Diesel. Preferred Member since 2005, w wholesale price abilities.

Yes, I've had samples taken at 20k miles which come out solid (Independent Source).

Yes, they make a Fully Snythetic 5w-30 with 15k Filter Life which can be had for....less than Mobil1.

Do we have any Amsoil Fans here. Haters? lol.
The following users liked this post:
User 122922 (07-25-21)
Old 05-18-18, 04:50 PM
MedicalDoc
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

The Kool Aid tasted biter.
Old 05-18-18, 05:20 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Like, Bitter?

Originally Posted by MedicalDoc
The Kool Aid tasted biter.
Our MedicalDoc is a "Biter" eh?
(I know what ya meant Doc)
Old 05-18-18, 05:53 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Not but I use the best which is biosyn oil!
Old 05-18-18, 05:56 PM
MedicalDoc
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Oopsie,... my bad.
Old 05-19-18, 09:27 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Originally Posted by MedicalDoc
Oopsie,... my bad.
No worries buddy. Just breakin ***** Doc. Do you mean that you DID try using it at one time, but didnt like it?

Originally Posted by Spam89
Spam- forgive my ignorance, but exactly what is "Biosyn" oil?
I wasnt about to create the millionth "What's the best oil" Thread here like happens so often, but can't say I know what "Biosyn" is buddy? Not new to Oil Products whatsoever, and can honestly say Amsoil has done wonders for my Diesel Rig - And used nothing but Mobil 1 Full Synthetic on all previous Lexus vehicles. Matter of fact, isnt that what Lexus Dealers use in cars now during each service?

Open question to ALL on that??
Old 05-19-18, 11:04 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,947 Likes on 1,371 Posts

^^^^

Amazon Amazon

Lou
Old 05-19-18, 02:09 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Thanks Lou!

Originally Posted by flowrider
Hmm, very interesting stuff right here! Will be looking into this stuff vs Mobil 1 for sure. First Service not for another 3500 miles. You guys start this stuff right away after 1st - or bring it into Dealer and use their filters? Thanks!
Old 05-19-18, 06:03 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
No worries buddy. Just breakin ***** Doc. Do you mean that you DID try using it at one time, but didnt like it?

Spam- forgive my ignorance, but exactly what is "Biosyn" oil?
I wasnt about to create the millionth "What's the best oil" Thread here like happens so often, but can't say I know what "Biosyn" is buddy? Not new to Oil Products whatsoever, and can honestly say Amsoil has done wonders for my Diesel Rig - And used nothing but Mobil 1 Full Synthetic on all previous Lexus vehicles. Matter of fact, isnt that what Lexus Dealers use in cars now during each service?

Open question to ALL on that??
Hi Gunny,
There was a huge thread between the performance difference in oil and I believe biosyn was the most positive type of oil from that forum. I am not an expert on cars but whatever the pros use, I go with it if it is backed up by scientific claims, which biosyn was proven.
Old 05-19-18, 06:11 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default I'm Open To It

Hi Gunny,
There was a huge thread between the performance difference in oil and I believe biosyn was the most positive type of oil from that forum. I am not an expert on cars but whatever the pros use, I go with it if it is backed up by scientific claims, which biosyn was proven.
Spam. I truly hope you dont think I was being a smart a**? Though I'm sold, and unswayed on use of Amsoil in my Diesel Engine - I'm completely open to seeing every other blend (no pun- I'm full synthetic) and applying that which flows best thru the veins of my beautiful blue RCF!

And which hole does the oil go in?
Old 05-19-18, 08:34 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^^

Lou
Old 05-20-18, 05:20 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Umm.

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^^

Lou
Lou. I was completely sarcastic my friend. Sorry. Let me ask this though since I'm here. Exactly what program did you use to put that red dot / highlight over the fill cap? Photoshop or something? Good lookin out Lou. Thx.
Old 05-20-18, 10:38 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Yep, Photoshop!

Lou
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (05-23-18)
Old 05-22-18, 04:07 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,472 Posts

This is completely unproven. Amsoil has been proven.
Originally Posted by RAT540 Motor Oil Engineering Test Blog
3. 5W30 Amsoil Signature Series, synthetic = 134,352 psi
The bottle does not have an API symbol, but it claims the oil can be used in applications that require API SN, GM dexos 1, ACEA A5/B5, A1/B1. It also claims to provide 75% better wear protection than required by the API SN specification (though it does say that claim is in reference to their 0W20 Amsoil Signature Series synthetic). And it claims 50% more cleaning power than Amsoil OE motor oil.
zinc = TBD
phos = TBD
moly = TBD
This oil was tested Fall 2017.
The psi value of this oil, which came from testing it at the normal operating test temperature of 230*F, put it in the FANTASTIC Wear Protection Category. And it produced the highest psi value ever seen in my testing, from any 5W30 motor oil just as it comes right out of the bottle, with no aftermarket additives. Very impressive. My test results confirm that Amsoil’s claim of this oil providing exceptional wear protection, is true. This oil could well be “THE MOTOR OIL OF CHOICE” for most High HP engines, including Bad Boy traditional American flat tappet pushrod engines, or for virtually any engine where 5W30 is used.
And I also went on to test this oil at the much higher temperature of 275*F. At that elevated temperature, any hotter and thinner oil is expected to experience a drop in Wear Protection Capability. This oil had only a modest 7% drop in capability. But, even at that elevated temperature, it produced an impressive 124,573 psi, which still kept this much hotter and thinner oil in the FANTASTIC Wear Protection Category.
In addition, I also tested this oil at 130*F, which is an oil temperature in the middle of the range of the Sequence IVA Wear Test (ASTM D6891) = 123,882 psi, which still had it in the FANTASTIC Wear Protection Category, even though this value is about an 8% drop from the normal 230*F test temperature’s psi value. NOTE: An engine warming up, will transition right past this temperature as it heats up to its normal operating temperature.
Old 05-22-18, 04:20 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
This is completely unproven. Amsoil has been proven.
Big thread on biosyn vs other oil with test results. But I am not a pro nor do I know anything about oils.

Last edited by Spam89; 05-22-18 at 04:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Any Amsoil Users Here?