Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Yeah. If the offsets were like in the high 20s or low 30s it would be better
Old 04-06-18, 04:15 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default 10 Spoke

Originally Posted by SoSlow
Checked this morning. Getyourwheels says no go, too wide. Was hoping. Not too thrilled with most of the Lexus wheels. The 19" split 7 spokes looks best to me.
Ditto. Absolutely despise my 10 Spoke Wheels and want them gone asap. Curious what they're selling for now??
Old 04-17-18, 11:40 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Packages and Options?

How do you know by looking at online ad pics what options the car has? You can never trust the dealer's list and they are usually a mile long. From best I can tell:

Packages
Performance Package - carbon fiber roof and spoiler, included TVD
Premium Package - don't think I've seen one without it - carbon fiber trim, seat memory, heated and cooled seats ...
Weather package - heated steering wheel button next to the heated seat button, also an extra button the dash for the wiper de-icer
Nav - I don't think I've seen one without it
ML Audio - badge on console above heated seat buttons

Options
Dynamic Cruise - It doesn't seem to be tied to any package. I believe you can tell it has this option if there is a radar symbol in the lower right steering wheel?? I don't see this option very often.
Pre Collision detection - Included with Dynamic Cruise ??
Triple Beam Led - seems to be on all of them
Leather Seats - Red and Gray are leather, Black can be leather or NuLux. NuLux does not have stitching pattern.
Park Assist and Blind Spot - part of the Premium package, which appears to be on all
Moonroof - Obvious
Orange Calipers - Obvious
TVD - included with Performance Package, if added as an option, there is a button on the console beside the traction control button and the mode displays on the dash next to the drive mode
Old 04-17-18, 03:05 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Show Us Please

"Fake Leather?"
Please locate these threads of the Red Leather Interior having issues? I've encountered nothing of such and honestly dont think its "Fake Leather" by any means! Oh, and glad you have the model/package with the "Real Leather" which you felt the need to report!

-Two hour ride to the closest Dealership? Wow, that sucks! Please do yourself a huge favor and ensure they have a RCF before heading out. Hell, if you were local I'd let you test drive the s***outta mine just to see the smile on your face after using Sport S + as these guys spoke of!! Just came in from an hour ride in that mode and it's just as advertised here. Pure bliss - especially when that guttural sound comes booming from the motor n exhaust!!!

Love everything about this car after a few weeks! Only thing I wish it had was Electronic Mirror Retraction n Heated Steering Wheel (Like wifes RX350) - AWESOME PURCHASE with mods on their way now!!

Oohrah!
The following users liked this post:
SoSlow (04-17-18)
Old 04-17-18, 03:07 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Packages and Options?

How do you know by looking at online ad pics what options the car has? You can never trust the dealer's list and they are usually a mile long. From best I can tell:

Packages
Performance Package - carbon fiber roof and spoiler, included TVD
Premium Package - don't think I've seen one without it - carbon fiber trim, seat memory, heated and cooled seats ...
Weather package - heated steering wheel button next to the heated seat button, also an extra button the dash for the wiper de-icer
Nav - I don't think I've seen one without it
ML Audio - badge on console above heated seat buttons

Options
Dynamic Cruise - It doesn't seem to be tied to any package. I believe you can tell it has this option if there is a radar symbol in the lower right steering wheel?? I don't see this option very often.
Pre Collision detection - Included with Dynamic Cruise ??
Triple Beam Led - seems to be on all of them
Leather Seats - Red and Gray are leather, Black can be leather or NuLux. NuLux does not have stitching pattern.
Park Assist and Blind Spot - part of the Premium package, which appears to be on all
Moonroof - Obvious
Orange Calipers - Obvious
TVD - included with Performance Package, if added as an option, there is a button on the console beside the traction control button and the mode displays on the dash next to the drive mode
You pretty much have it down. If you can't tell on the performance package I usually assume the TVD button under the large **** will mean a perf. package.

Be mindful, definitely not all RC-Fs have the tri-beam headlights and can be easily distinguished.
SoSlow (04-17-18)
Old 04-18-18, 08:24 AM
NIAautoDesign
Former Sponsor

Received 213 Likes on 123 Posts

RCF's are great cars, especially if you add a Splitter kit!
Old 04-18-18, 08:40 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Thumbs up True But....

Originally Posted by NIAautoDesign
RCF's are great cars, especially if you add a Splitter kit!
Definitely true, but they come at a pretty hefty price.
I've seen a good number of these ripped off (Or trashed) just from parking too close to a curb! I know its says they are measured to NOT contact curbs, but when the stock height is lowered more than it is, the possibility is higher (no pun)

And what does one do when their State requires the stupid front marker plate too?
Old 04-18-18, 08:48 AM
NIAautoDesign
Former Sponsor

Received 213 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RCF Splitter kit

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
I've seen a good number of these ripped off (Or trashed) just from parking too close to a curb! I know its says they are measured to NOT contact curbs, but when the stock height is lowered more than it is, the possibility is higher (no pun)

And what does one do when their State requires the stupid front marker plate too?
We at NIA Auto Design try to make are prices to compete with the other companies, here is a link to the full kit for the RCF
we also make it out of ABS plastic with supports and reinforcements to withstand everyday driving
https://www.niaautodesign.com/shop/l...016-2017-2018/

Last edited by NIAautoDesign; 11-13-18 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-18-18, 11:43 AM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz

Why would you take the risk even stock? I always back up to park, except my garage.

Texas requires the front plate, but I haven't had any problems in 2.5 years so far without it.
GunnyFitz (04-19-18)
Old 04-21-18, 08:32 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

What should I expect to pay?
2015 Blue and Gray, 10k miles
Performance,Premium, ML Audio and Weather Packages, Radar cruise
I think it has all options except orange calipers, 1 owner, clean carfax
Dealer is 700 miles away, asking $48k
Old 04-22-18, 08:03 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Kerune
You pretty much have it down. If you can't tell on the performance package I usually assume the TVD button under the large **** will mean a perf. package.

Be mindful, definitely not all RC-Fs have the tri-beam headlights and can be easily distinguished.
Performance package will have the CF roof and rear wing.

I love my RC-F, and I have owned a lot of cars over the years. This is my favorite after my MkIV Supra. For me, it's the perfect combination of Lexus luxury with adequate HP and performance. The fun to drive factor is way up there. Not to mention that it's one of the best looking cars out there.
Old 04-23-18, 03:59 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BossMoss
Performance package will have the CF roof and rear wing.

I love my RC-F, and I have owned a lot of cars over the years. This is my favorite after my MkIV Supra. For me, it's the perfect combination of Lexus luxury with adequate HP and performance. The fun to drive factor is way up there. Not to mention that it's one of the best looking cars out there.
Haha I have a performance package. I was just stating that if you can't see the CF in pictures, the TVD button SHOULD verify the performance package on a car for sale.
Old 04-23-18, 07:14 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

In some earlier 2015 versions of the RCF, there were some with TVD but no exterior CF active wing and no CF roof. Some even had the old style headlights (non LED).

Originally Posted by Kerune
Haha I have a performance package. I was just stating that if you can't see the CF in pictures, the TVD button SHOULD verify the performance package on a car for sale.
Old 04-27-18, 08:50 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

I'm headed to Indianapolis tomorrow. Lexus dealer has a '17 on the lot. Gonna stop by, hopefully before they close. Not the combo I'm looking for, but a test drive would be nice. First one to show up close by.
Old 04-27-18, 10:42 AM
njsteve
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm headed to Indianapolis tomorrow. Lexus dealer has a '17 on the lot. Gonna stop by, hopefully before they close. Not the combo I'm looking for, but a test drive would be nice. First one to show up close by.
FYI

17s are selling between $58K to $59K

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Considering an RC F