RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F to GT-R maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-18, 06:19 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life

90% on the road? Yeah if u live in Canada lol.

LOL. Nice sarcasm. Yeah, I live in a poor country.

Ever bothered to check the top 20 selling cars and their numbers as percentages in your land of the "super wealthy"?

Let's take the place where you live (and before I get into the math/ratio of it), how quick would you reckon the top 10% cars are?

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-16-18 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-16-18, 06:37 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Lol as u well known Socal is famous for modded car cultures , I’m saying stock rcf 467hp is not beating 90% of cars here lol at any giving times of the day let alone weekend �� we do have a bunch of Socal F HERE RCF ,in fact this Sunday some of us isf and rcf and other cars are cruising to Death Valley. The cruise round trip is just over 600 miles , if u r here , we can demonstrate for u to see how fast rcf stock and fbo rcf compare to others I’m sure we will have some clips ��
Old 03-16-18, 06:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Lol as u well known Socal is famous for modded car cultures , I’m saying stock rcf 467hp is not beating 90% of cars here lol at any giving times of the day let alone weekend �� we do have a bunch of Socal F HERE RCF ,in fact this Sunday some of us isf and rcf and other cars are cruising to Death Valley. The cruise round trip is just over 600 miles , if u r here , we can demonstrate for u to see how fast rcf stock and fbo rcf compare to others I’m sure we will have some clips ��
I can see the point of modded FI turbo/SC cars. I come across many of those. Still, compared to the tens of millions of cars that are sold, they are a drop in a bucket compared to the volume sellers. Even if you live in a modded car culture where there are lots of modded cars, that still is a tiny fraction compared to the Camry, Corolla, Nissan, BMW 3-series, F150, Audis that are sold.

I mean, despite the performance, Nissan GTR is the slowest selling car in the US where it sits on the lot for something like 200 days.
Old 03-16-18, 07:19 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah for starting new pure edition lowest of gtr is 100k For 2018 and then up for each level premium, black, track, and of course NISMO . Not many buyers are looking for those cars daily basic compare to 50 to 70k ��.
Old 03-16-18, 10:12 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I know exactly what you mean.

Just the other day cruising in a flat straight four lane country highway (2 lanes one direction and 2 lanes the other direction with a wide grassy median) in a clear afternoon in the middle of nowhere in MS. Not much traffic as usual and this late model Honfa Odyssey was doing 55 in 65mph in t hi e fast lane along side another car going parrelle at the same speed. This continued for about 10 minutes. Then I had a gap where I passed the slow Honda Odyssey!!!!!!!!!

I guess the Honda Odyssey didn't like it so she speed up to my rear bumper and just followed me for about a minute or two.

I switched to manual Sports + and down shifted and I was GONE!!! The Honda Odyssey tried to catch up, but there was no way. Our RCF really shines at high rpm's and at at top end.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
For me, RCF already is borderline unusable on freeways for more than a few seconds. Redline it in 2nd, 3rd and then by 4th gear, you already are doing "go to jail" speed. 0-150 mph in 24 seconds is crazy fast compared to 90% of the cars on the road, which probably take 24 seconds just to reach 100 mph for the average car. Cops are lurking everywhere, where I live.
Old 03-17-18, 12:11 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, 40 mph in 2nd gear is where really the magic happens while shifting right close to the limiter. Before you realize, it is up to 120 - 130 mph and start thinking about a cop trapping at that speeds(I do not have a radar detector). Many times, there is a car in the very far distance on the freeway and then suddenly you are getting very close to that car and have to slow down quickly.

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I know exactly what you mean.

Just the other day cruising in a flat straight four lane country highway (2 lanes one direction and 2 lanes the other direction with a wide grassy median) in a clear afternoon in the middle of nowhere in MS. Not much traffic as usual and this late model Honfa Odyssey was doing 55 in 65mph in t hi e fast lane along side another car going parrelle at the same speed. This continued for about 10 minutes. Then I had a gap where I passed the slow Honda Odyssey!!!!!!!!!

I guess the Honda Odyssey didn't like it so she speed up to my rear bumper and just followed me for about a minute or two.

I switched to manual Sports + and down shifted and I was GONE!!! The Honda Odyssey tried to catch up, but there was no way. Our RCF really shines at high rpm's and at at top end.
Old 03-17-18, 12:51 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Just beat a cla45 amg 20mph roll. 2 car lengths at 75
Old 03-18-18, 11:23 AM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer

sounds like you need to look into a porsche. You get the best of both worlds. Even the new cayman is a fast car.
I have seriously considered a Porsche a few times now, but they are just too expensive, not great performance in my opinion unless you spend serous money, and the exterior is just so plain and boring.
I think the Cayman looks much better than a 911, but that is just entirely too much money for a turbo 4-cylinder.
Old 03-18-18, 09:34 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

I don't know what your budget is, but my friend recently bought a 2016 GTR with less than 20k miles for under $70k, which aligns with loaded Cayman S (probably around 60k with current discounts), which also aligns with other new cars like M3, C63, and even a GT350. I think nothing will give you an "experience" like a GT350 for the cost of refinement, C63 has the most luxury and everything else in the middle. None of these cars are 10/10th on the street

I was on the same boat as you and decided to buy a Q7 since I just had a kid. lol maybe in few more years...
Old 03-18-18, 10:18 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know what your budget is, but my friend recently bought a 2016 GTR with less than 20k miles for under $70k, which aligns with loaded Cayman S (probably around 60k with current discounts), which also aligns with other new cars like M3, C63, and even a GT350. I think nothing will give you an "experience" like a GT350 for the cost of refinement, C63 has the most luxury and everything else in the middle. None of these cars are 10/10th on the street

I was on the same boat as you and decided to buy a Q7 since I just had a kid. lol maybe in few more years...
I second GT350. It is an incredible car. If I wanted less practicality (exterior, interior wise, I prefer the RCF) and more performance/handling/excitement, GT350 would be my choice. A very exciting car to drive. It has all of the RCF V8 high-revving noises with flat plane crank and 8200 rpm revs in the mix. It is the total package, if one can live with the cr*ppy interior plastics and design.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-18-18 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-18-18, 10:37 PM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I did not realize the Cayman was only around 60 k with discounts. I thought the car was close to 100 K.
I might at least give it a test drive and check it out.

What do you mean an experience for the cost of refinement?

Yeah, I am afraid anything from BMW or Benz are simply not options for me.
Interesting you mention the Q7 as I was just considering that for my wife's car, but I don't think she likes that kind of SUV.
Old 03-19-18, 10:26 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by djeayzonne
I did not realize the Cayman was only around 60 k with discounts. I thought the car was close to 100 K.
I might at least give it a test drive and check it out.

What do you mean an experience for the cost of refinement?

Yeah, I am afraid anything from BMW or Benz are simply not options for me.
Interesting you mention the Q7 as I was just considering that for my wife's car, but I don't think she likes that kind of SUV.

Yeah, the Caymans aren't selling very well ever since they switched to a 4 cylinder turbo. It just doesn't sound as good. But it runs low 11's and keeps up with other super cars with great interior.

I meant in lack of interior refinement and fit and finish quality. But i think it is the best driver's car Period And I never owned a domestic.

I wanted to get the RX350L to replace the minivan, but it is just too small in the 3 row and the cargo space. The Q7 is in the larger size, but what sold me was the 7700lb towing capacity and supercharged v6..

Last edited by jkonquer; 03-19-18 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-20-18, 12:51 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

One thing u guys are forget to mention is the super speed u get over the past weekend Socal RCF, GSF, ISF with some GTR and 458 Ferrari were in Death Valley and Mexico , all the F maxed out at about 170 ish, GTR and 458 get up to speed pretty damn quickly, plus it has rolling launch and launch from dig when the road is perfectly safe long long straight especially at the old run way of an airport

Old 03-20-18, 03:05 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RCF to GTR

Old 03-20-18, 03:58 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

congrats man, welcome to the dark side lolz seen your post in GTRlife also

Quick Reply: RC-F to GT-R maybe?