RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Rcf 1/4 mile issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-17, 12:15 PM
GOT8SPD
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rcf 1/4 mile issues

Hey all I am a new member here. I purchased my rcf a month ago, I love the car! I have taken it to the track 3 times now and I am having some issues.

1st issue: 1/4 time.. On good runs I am hitting a consistent 13.1, where I see people running consistent 12.7-12.9, lastnight an isf ran a 12.7 completely stock while I was still 13.1. What am I doing wrong? Or is my car just slower which I hope not.. I am completely stock and running stock tires Michelin pss.

2nd issue: burnouts
I figured trying burnout would help me get traction to get better time but doing burnouts the car shifted into 2nd and wouldn't go into 1st.. I tried multiple things, traction off expert on etc, held down for 3 seconds, still have me a surface slippery message and shifted me into 2nd. Frustrating. Any advice guys?
Old 10-21-17, 12:23 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by GOT8SPD
Hey all I am a new member here. I purchased my rcf a month ago, I love the car! I have taken it to the track 3 times now and I am having some issues.

1st issue: 1/4 time.. On good runs I am hitting a consistent 13.1, where I see people running consistent 12.7-12.9, lastnight an isf ran a 12.7 completely stock while I was still 13.1. What am I doing wrong? Or is my car just slower which I hope not.. I am completely stock and running stock tires Michelin pss.

I figured trying burnout would help me get traction to get better time but doing burnouts the car shifted into 2nd and wouldn't go into 1st.. I tried multiple things, traction off expert on etc, held down for 3 seconds, still have me a surface slippery message and shifted me into 2nd. Frustrating. Any advice guys?
Post your timeslips - that may help. I'm wondering what your 60 ft times are. Also, what PSI are you running on your rear tires? Burnouts on street tires generally don't make a difference (though they are fun). But lowering your tire pressures may get you a better launch.
Old 10-21-17, 06:37 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by GOT8SPD

my best run is 12.4 with borla catback around 50 degrees. 12.6 stock at sea level

here is what you need to do to achieve those times:
1. Lower air pressure to 30psi
2. Do a decent burnout to warm up tires. If no burnout, no way to get under 2 sec 60’, especially if its cold out.
3. Drive forward 20-30 feet to unlock the slip mode, then reverse back. No other ways around it
4. Brake torque to 2k rpm
5. Turn traction off, sport mode, paddle shift
* also helps to take out useless things in trunk
* try to run only when its cool temp
Old 10-22-17, 12:23 AM
Suburbazin
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Need 305 street slicks on the back, a good burnout, traction off, good brake torque (but only a moment before the light) and...oh, you need to get around the "slip". Which yes, can be disabled

You also need to open the hood vent to reduce IAT slightly.

Old 10-23-17, 12:18 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

On previous F cars it disables stability control and electronic LSD, but will not disable ABS, EBD, or BA.

Have you tested ABS with it in test mode?

In the video it appears to only shut off VSC and precollision braking, not ABS or EBD (electronic brake force distribution, essentially electronic brake proportioning), and not VDIM because VDIM includes ABS, EBD, and a couple of other brake controls along with VSC and TRAC. There is a very long detailed discussion in the FSM and NCF about VDIM, VSC, ABS, EBD, TRAC, and what these terms include. VDIM describes what amount to all driver aids, while VSC is only the stability system. Keep in mind, to shut off VSC with the switch (not just TRAC), you need to hold it for three seconds or more. See chart below for details on VDIM and Sport switch functionality:
Attached Thumbnails Rcf 1/4 mile issues-rcf-vdim-functions.jpg   Rcf 1/4 mile issues-rcf-vsc-switch-functions.jpg  

Last edited by lobuxracer; 10-23-17 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-23-17, 09:41 AM
Suburbazin
Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
On previous F cars it disables stability control and electronic LSD, but will not disable ABS, EBD, or BA.

Have you tested ABS with it in test mode?

In the video it appears to only shut off VSC and precollision braking, not ABS or EBD (electronic brake force distribution, essentially electronic brake proportioning), and not VDIM because VDIM includes ABS, EBD, and a couple of other brake controls along with VSC and TRAC. There is a very long detailed discussion in the FSM and NCF about VDIM, VSC, ABS, EBD, TRAC, and what these terms include. VDIM describes what amount to all driver aids, while VSC is only the stability system. Keep in mind, to shut off VSC with the switch (not just TRAC), you need to hold it for three seconds or more. See chart below for details on VDIM and Sport switch functionality:
sorry, it doesn't disable full VDIM, only the portions that interfere with driver actions. ABS remains on. EBD I haven't tested, but I definitely get around 80% to the front.

It disables the driver abuse limits in addition to VSC and TRAC (such as excessive slip).
Old 10-23-17, 07:01 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Suburbazin
sorry, it doesn't disable full VDIM, only the portions that interfere with driver actions. ABS remains on. EBD I haven't tested, but I definitely get around 80% to the front.

It disables the driver abuse limits in addition to VSC and TRAC (such as excessive slip).
So how does this differ from VSC off by holding for three seconds?
Old 10-23-17, 10:04 PM
Suburbazin
Driver

Well, as I've explained before, it disables 1st gear override.