RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus GT3 racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-17, 11:50 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts
Talking Lexus GT3 racing

Why isn't Lexus competitive in the American circuit as in the European circuit? Just check this racing clip from the European circuit, fabulous!! Epic Battle!!

Last edited by konichiwa3; 10-13-17 at 04:12 AM.
Old 10-13-17, 02:23 AM
Teutonic
Intermediate

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts

The U.S. 3GT Racing team was in its first season learning the new car, assume different rules/class than European, balance of performance (BOP) changes in IMSA, etc. I'm hoping for a better season next year. They did have good speed at a lot of races, even a pole position, but a lot of bad luck with timing, pit penalties, etc. I talked to Alon and Pruett at Limerock. They seemed optimistic about the car.
Old 10-13-17, 03:21 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

LOVE IT any specs on the car ??
Old 10-13-17, 04:11 AM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Teutonic
The U.S. 3GT Racing team was in its first season learning the new car, assume different rules/class than European, balance of performance (BOP) changes in IMSA, etc. I'm hoping for a better season next year. They did have good speed at a lot of races, even a pole position, but a lot of bad luck with timing, pit penalties, etc. I talked to Alon and Pruett at Limerock. They seemed optimistic about the car.
The U.S. 3GT Racing team said they turned down lexus engine and built their own engine from scratch. I wonder if the European team is running the lexus factory provided engine. Maybe U.S 3GT Racing team shouldn't have second guessed lexus engineers. And yes a lot of bad luck did seem to befall the team but this could be a sign of not so good cohesion within the team.
On another note I am not a fun of IMSA format where they have prototypes competing on the same platform. The races are just more exciting to watch with GT cars only, like the European International GT open format. I cannot relate to the prototypes and they make the rest of the field look a heck lot slower.
Old 10-17-17, 07:57 AM
TGV8
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by konichiwa3
The U.S. 3GT Racing team said they turned down lexus engine and built their own engine from scratch. I wonder if the European team is running the lexus factory provided engine. Maybe U.S 3GT Racing team shouldn't have second guessed lexus engineers. And yes a lot of bad luck did seem to befall the team but this could be a sign of not so good cohesion within the team.
On another note I am not a fun of IMSA format where they have prototypes competing on the same platform. The races are just more exciting to watch with GT cars only, like the European International GT open format. I cannot relate to the prototypes and they make the rest of the field look a heck lot slower.
This is not true. The engine used in the RCF 2017 GT3 cars are all the same spec in USA, Europe, and Japan.
3GT built an engine in 2016 for development purposes that has not ever raced in competition.